1995 Kia Sportage

2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next
Great Small SUV by William from Mayfield, KY on 06/29/2006. Trim: 1995 Kia Sportage 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Dependable. Goes anywhere. Good gas mileage for a 4wd.
Cons: Low power, poor acceleration. Needs a little more room, however, I believe the new ones are a little bigger. 4WD is not that great.
Overall review: I bought this used with 42,000 mi. and it now has 112,000 mi. 4WD is ok if you just want more traction on gravel roads or just to pull off of the road. I put a hitch on it to pull a small trailer and it does fine. Will definitley look into buying another KIA. This one has had no problems, I see no problem in it getting 200,000+ miles.
Great car by Bill in Salem, OR on 02/11/2005. Trim: 1995 Kia Sportage 4WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: There is not much to not like about this car. I bought it with 20,000 miles on it in 1997, and the odometer has just reached 250,000. Yes, it is beginning to show its age, but it has been the most dependable car I have ever owned exept for a 1983 Sentra which I bought new. Nice styling, that although simple, still gets questions and compliments from others, and was good enough that Suzuki and Jeep decided to copy it. Mileage has been very good about 25-27 mpg. Not a great deal of power, but handles very nicely. Surprisingly, has a lot of room in what looks like a small cargo area. Fairly easy to maintain. Convenient access to bulbs, fuses, etc.
Cons: The cup holders are good for holding change. A bit underpowered. Kia keeps a short leash on parts so any repairs take a couple days extra, and places like JiffyLube don't keep air filters on hand, so you have to purchase from a parts store.
Overall review: One of my favorite cars. I will definitely look at the new Sportage, and I have become a big Kia fan.
bad kia by dah dah on 08/25/2004. Trim: 1995 Kia Sportage 4WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: I have nothing good to say. my car started to fall apart before the first year owned
Cons: once again nothing good
Overall review: i wouldn't recomend this car to anyone not even a enemy.
old faithful by keith from wyoming on 06/29/2004. Trim: 1995 Kia Sportage EX 4WD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: styling, we got it because the wife thought it was 'cute'. other makes took styling cues from this rig. Economy- my feather-foot wife gets 33 mpg. i get about 28. easy rig to load, car seats are easy.
Cons: the stinking cup holders(spillers). Not powerful but will go fast enough for a ticket.
Overall review: we only have 68,000 miles on this rig and have had no mechanical problems with it. We will keep it and love it till it dies, which i expect will be 20 years.
Tougher than titanium nails. by Oklahoma Offroad Guy on 02/03/2004. Trim: 1995 Kia Sportage EX 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: When I bought this car it already had 109,000 tough miles on it (it was a repo). It is now approaching the 175,000 mark and I've yet to spend a total of $400 in anything other than routine maintenance. I've kept the oil and filters changed and it has just kept going down some of the worst roads and most challenging terrain in the state. This SUV has been used for sport and utility, not for just those "rugged" trips to the grocery store.
Cons: My Sportage is powered by one of the rare single overhead cam engines. Its power is probably comparable to a 1981 Volkswagen Diesel Rabbit Pick Up. Did I say it was slow? Oh, yeah. You don't accelerate into traffic, you CALCULATE your way through traffic. Some of the hardware has gone awry. Neither of the rear doors will currently function, and the electric hatch release is always stubborn. My Kia has air conditioning, but with the glass area of an AMC Pacer, it takes everything it has to keep the interior marginally cool during an Oklahoma summer. I would certainly recommend a good window tint.
Overall review: I've driven a lot of SUVs, and the Sportage seems to be one of the best handling of the traditional (solid frame) units. This is the most reliable vehicle I've owned of over 35 vehicles, and it shows no sign of stopping. You will find small SUVs that do things better, but its hard to beat the price of a used Kia Sportage. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who commutes in incelement weather.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next