2014 Nissan Versa

Great looking and handling hatch-back! by VersaNoteLover from DC Metro Area on 10/01/2013. Trim: 2014 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This car is very quiet and the blind spots are very easy to navigate. My friend who is 6'5" easily fits into this car - even the rear seats! Lots of cargo room too. User friendly controls are easy to use while driving and it has lots of hook-ups for you phone and other gadgets. I got the SV trim and got exactly what I wanted! Nissan also had a college buyer program which made it very affordable for me. Gas millage isn't quite as high as consumer report, but its still quite high which makes driving affordable. The mpg is closer to 40 on the highway. The rear camera is handy when parking in tight spots and the car responds smoothly to all controls. I got the "Peacock" color and LOVE IT!
Cons: The volume controls for the radio/music are a little drastic, I wish there was a number between 7 and 8 sometimes. Other times the volume is fine - I guess it depends on the song. I also don't use Serius radio, so making sure I didn't get charged for that was a little annoying but not too horrible. The acceleration is what you'd call powerful, but it does get the job done. Just don't expect to zoom ahead of cars in front of you. I drive in DC metro traffic, so even though I'm on the highway all the time I get city gas millage. I'm getting closer to 29-30, not 31-32, but its still pretty good so I'm happy with it.
Overall review: I LOVE my car. I spent over a month car shopping and got exactly what I want. I wanted good gas millage, beautiful color, hatch-back, to get from point A to point B, and for the right price. I got all of those things. I'm not the kind of person who needs a sporty or expensive car, so if you need tons of power or a status symbol, this might not be the car for you. Ideal car for me and anyone else who's looking for a car on a budget. I'd buy another in a heartbeat. Highly recommend this car!
Enthusiast
Nissan Versa by Iziren Segun David on 09/24/2013. Trim: 2014 Nissan Versa 1.6 SL.
Pros: I love everything about this Car, can I have it please?
Cons: Nothing at all, please !!!!
Overall review: The car is wonderfully made.
Quintessential Commuter Car by Bobby Sox from Los Angeles on 03/26/2014. Trim: 2014 Nissan Versa, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I'm a DIY'er and I'm always hauling something, lumber, Shelving, cabinets, etc.... I have the hatchback and It has just enough room for most things I need. It's very cute and I love the pearl paint. Does well on turns. Seats are very comfortable. I average about 37 MPG. I travel in fairly good traffic 30 miles each way to work. Does well on the freeway except for getting on the freeway.... it's a four cylinder, it takes time.
Cons: Within 2 weeks the gas cap cable broke. Ok that could happen to anyone. Bought in winter, when the weather warmed up I turned on the AC and it really rattles the car. I had it checked and dealer said that it is acting the way it should-REALLY??? when the compression turns on the car jerks a little so I have to be sure my foot is firmly on the break when I have the AC on. I'm 5'10" after a couple of days I realized it's a bit small, my knee lays against the armrest of the door. My model did not come with a center console (which I didn't notice at first) rather it has a swing down arm rest. It is too close to my body and not adjustable so I can't use it. I use a pillow to rest my arm on.
Overall review: It's ok. If you're shorter it will most definitely work. The AC thing is bothersome and for the price point there are a few options other than Nissan out there. Take your time - which is something I wish I did. You may find that you like this car. Not a bad car but its not the best car I have owned in my 56 yrs on this planet.
A Versa For You. by Gramps, Mojave Desert on 12/20/2013. Trim: 2014 Nissan Versa 1.6 SL, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Economical- My 2012 has performed much better than EPA Ratings. I can consistantly get 43+MPG Highway at the posted Speed. I average about 37 MPG around Town. Comfort and small car style. 109 HP it has plenty of get up and go. The PureGlide Transmission is much like a centrifigul clutch. Perfect comuter car.
Cons: Kids are always wanting to use it. Wife won't drive it, she likes the P/U truck.
Overall review: This is a no brainer for me.
Test Driver
GREAT CAR....TERRIBLE DEALER by Northern California Jim on 04/14/2014. Trim: 2014 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV.
Pros: For an entry level vehicle, it is superb. I wanted to buy this car for my daughter. It would be her first car.
Cons: The problem, is the dealer. When I stopped in on Thursday, I was told about the incentitives by having the car financed through Nissan. I was quoted a 3% interest rate. We have excellent credit. When we came back on Sunday to make the purchase, they quoted us 5%. I even offered to put down cash, and they wouldn`t budge. Needlest to say, I WALKED OUT ON THEM. The dealer was in Walnut Creek, Ca.
Overall review: FFFFFFFF...Would not ever deal with this dealer again. Had they been straight up, I was ready to purchase another one for my second daughter.