2014 Acura RDX

The Acura Smoothest Ride by cquin on 11/27/2013. Trim: 2014 Acura RDX 6-Spd AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I had a MDX 2011 which I gave on trade in due to gas consumption. This new RDX is really a great vehicle in terms of performance and gas savings. Actually I am making over 25 mpg on average and not really going slow. The car is comfortable, looks nice and have lot of power. The cabin is much more quiet compared to the MDX 2007 and 2011. Back space is good which allow to accommodate my two 6'1" sons easily. Cargo space and the folding seats are excellent. The spare tire inside the cabin is a great idea. Runs on regular gas compared to the MDX..
Cons: For the price tag of this vehicle it should have more options in the basic model, at least the fog lights and the top bars. For everything extra that you want to have, like fog lights, top bars among other, you need to pay lot of extra money.
Overall review: I was frustrated and really upset with my former 2007 and 2011 MDXes. Due to that, I was ready to quit on Acura and go to Subaru, Lexus or any other similar brand. I decided to give another chance to the brand and just for now, I am a happy camper. My RDX only have 1,300 miles of experience, so I will tell you later as time goes by. I still need to measure tightness of the body and quality in the long run. I'll shall return with more!!
acura RDX by joe from Delaware on 10/25/2013. Trim: 2014 Acura RDX 6-Spd AT AWD w/Technology Package, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Well put together vehicle, plenty of pickup in smooth comfortable ride. Engine noise is almost absence. Car came well equipedand the shopping experience was pleasant, honestly. Tested it against toyota, ford,lexis and infinity. Infinity came the closest but didn't seem 10,000 better. Dealer through in free pinstripping and lifetime car washes. The dealer was also more generous with my trade in. Lexis didn't seem too enthusiastic , and I had the feeling infinity wanted the car to the talking. Ford and toyota were car dealers ,
Cons: So far no real problems. I got the awd model and wish I had a little more control of it. Would also like a 12volt in the rear, guess I had to go up to the MDS for that.
Overall review: really worth looking at, it compares well
Best Ever by aka lala Nashville, TN on 02/05/2014. Trim: 2014 Acura RDX 6-Spd AT w/Technology Package, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I traded my Acura TL for the first model year RDX/ 2007 which was a wonderful choice, I have 175,000 miles and have only had to do the normal preventative maintenance on the car ...regular oil changes, batteries, tires etc. The air conditioning went out and I replaced entire unit but then Acura had a part recall after that and offered to pay a portion of that expense. This has been and still is a quality vehicle, awesome ride, quite and dependable, I have a hard time switching away from the Acura brand due to the quality, consistancy and dependability of every Acura I have ever owned. Awesome vehicle, easy to see out of, sits up high and handles great. Great Navigation system.
Cons: The only Con would be on features, I would like to have the rear tail gate electronic automatic close option.... it can be difficult and heavy to close. This is most likely already on the newer RDX. The leather wore thin and ripped on the armrest but I had that recovered good as new less than $100. Still looks and drives like a new car....
Overall review: I have to give it a 10, this has been the best car I have ever owned
Overall good value by A Car Guy from NJ on 01/31/2014. Trim: 2014 Acura RDX 6-Spd AT AWD w/Technology Package, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Clean styling Good acceleration, braking and handling Very good MPG for a vehicle of this class
Cons: A car carrying a $40k sticker price should have rear ventilation and more modern navigation. Transmission occasionally has difficulty deciding which gear to be in, and when it does it downshifts harshly
Overall review: Overall I'm very pleased with this vehicle. Firm but comfortable seats, especially for long term travel. Good handling and performance while delivering 26+ MPG. Feels well assembled with no squeaks, creaks or rattles. I'm sorry Acura has forgone the SH-AWD for a less sophisticated AWD package, but clearly a cost cutting initiative. I was strongly considering the Volvo XC60, and after road testing liked the RDX as much and more when you consider the many thousands of dollars less in price. Overall, a vehicle well worth looking at and considering.
Solid, fine handling SUV by Grandpa from TN on 01/21/2014. Trim: 2014 Acura RDX 6-Spd AT AWD w/Technology Package, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Acceleration, mileage, handling, load capacity
Cons: Requires premium fuel, which means 93 octane and 40 cents more per gallon in my state.
Overall review: 6K miles and problem-free. We downsized from a larger SUV and are pleased with the RDX.