1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee

This is my favorite vehicle. by Sonny from Spokane Valley on 05/06/2010. Trim: 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: I have the 4.7 engine and it is very good for getting out of other drivers way. I get 17.5 around town and 25mph on the road. For the comfort and safety I would recomend it to anyone. It is quiet and very comfortable. I was side swiped the winter of 2008 and all it did was put a rub mark on it that I rubbed out with rubbing compound. I have owned it since 2002. Good vehicle and I will have another one.
Overall review: If you use a good quality fuel it will keep the enjectors clean and good oil it will run forever.
Love this Jeep! by Jeepjunkie on 10/20/2009. Trim: 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I am very impressed with the tight feel of the vehicle when driving, lacking rattles, handles great in turns, acceleration is surprisingly quick. (Not a race car, but still quick) The interior is plush enough for an upscale auto, while the jeep thing is still in command. I love this Jeep.
Cons: So far, it is hard to find cons. Not too fond of the radio in my vehicle, it is a sony with a bright blue lit screen while looks great at first, become a distraction with ocnstant messages about the radios features. The radio should have an off switch for the blue screen, especially at night. The gas mileage could be better.
Overall review: This is the best jeep I have owned out of six prior jeeps. I liked them all, but this is comfortable, well designed, clean looking and quiet ride. No rattles, no problems.
Read carefully- The best SUV and by far the best deal in the auto market. by Joe Jeep on 08/05/2009. Trim: 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD, Owned 10 years.
Pros: Perfect size. Perfect fit. Perfect fitting seats. High quality wood dashboard, leather seats, sunroof & stereo system make my Limited the most luxurious vehicle I ever owned, including my Porshe 911, BMW 5 series, M3, 928 and more.
Cons: Gas mileage is good because I enjoy driving easy most of the time because I enjoy this Jeep so much. If you drive this car with a lead foot thru traffic to & from work each day, I can see how the fuel economy might be considered too high. This is a great vehicle to have as a 2nd car if this is the case. I love this SUV.
Overall review: A Jeep classic that will go on forever because it's made with quality that is unknown in today's cars. It fits like your favorite pair of old blue jeans and is just as faithful. I would by a Porsche Cayenne or Mercedes SUV if this Jeep wasn't such a great SUV. I wouldn't trade my Jeep for anything right now. It is, without any doubt, the best deal on the road. It also might be the best SUV ever made. I have the 6 cylinder 2 wheel drive driven in Florida without snow.
baltimore, md by red on 07/03/2011. Trim: 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: everyday car, 155000 miles, still alive
Cons: All the work that we have had to put into it... front brake rotors every 2 years, Brakes can be a problem, replacement for air conditioner, axle joints in front, power jamed (windows,doors), axels,and many many more you name it I had it. Very expensive to maintain.
Overall review: This is a great vehicle to have as a 2nd car if this is the case
Nothing but Problems by meggier132 on 03/15/2010. Trim: 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I like the roominess of this jeep. We also have enjoyed having 4WD in the winter time.
Cons: All the work that we have had to put into it...
Overall review: We have had nothing but trouble with it. 4 days after getting it the wheel fell off, 2 month later (maybe 7,000 kms) the rad fan went and overheated, needed new brakes and just 2 days ago the engine blew...