2014 Porsche Cayman

The ultimate daily driver by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/18/2013. Trim: 2014 Porsche Cayman S, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: After 110,000 miles in an '06 Cayman S, one look at the specs and one test drive caused me to place an order when I expected to keep driving the '06 for many years to come. The overall sense of design and quality is improved as are power, handling, and finishes. I never thought I'd buy a sports car without a manual transmission but the PDK is so much better than I can be, that it makes no sense to stay with a manual. The 06 was a marvelous daily driver and this is better although options are still pricy the quality is worth it. Biggest surprise is the fuel efficiency with 31MPG on a recent multi-state drive. Comfort and luggage space is adequate for 2 on long vacations.
Cons: Nothing.
Overall review: I've always driven a mid-engined sports car as a daily driver and this is the best to date at an affordable price considering both performance and quality. If price is an issue avoid the upgraded trim options, Burmester sound system, Sport Exhaust (though it does sound great), power seats and PDLS. Unless you are going to track it, skip the PASM, Sport-Chrono, and ceramic brakes. The price can be kept below $70K for an S. After just driving a Cayman S and a Carrera S on a track I prefer the Cayman for its superb handling.
Enthusiast
The perfect tracking Porsche by Skyflyer911man on 12/05/2013. Trim: 2014 Porsche Cayman.
Pros: Fabulous engineering inside and out. Spectacular handling. Nice styling.
Cons: Noisy…this car is all about hearing the engine and you'd better like that because it's enclosed just inches from your head. So forget about the upgraded Bose premium sound system as you won't be able to appreciate the upgrade. Baggage space very limited (compared to a 911 Carrera).
Overall review: If I were more interested in tracking and racing I'd buy the Cayman as it's perfectly set up for that. However, I was born in the '50's and in the end, the 911 Carrera had just too much class, racing and sport car enthusiast legend to pick a Cayman for my first Porsche ("Porsh-uh").
Best Sportscar for the Money by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/07/2014. Trim: 2014 Porsche Cayman, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Everything about the vehicle is top notch. PDK transmission was something I was originally not interested in but performs so well that the standard transmission is seemingly obsolete. The car is faster and more efficient with the PDK system. I bought the steering wheel with the paddle standard shifters but never use them.
Cons: The car delivers feel of the road as well as the sound of the road. That's why I bought it. If you want a quieter vehicle, this may not be for you.
Overall review: Everything I wanted at a very reasonable price.