2014 BMW X1

Best of Breed by Brad from Wisconsin on 01/21/2014. Trim: 2014 BMW X1 sDrive28i, Owned 1 year.
Pros: There is much to like about this car, nice appearance on the exterior and interior, comfortable seats, good MPG, acceleration and handling, versatile interior with great headroom for a tall person and the venerable BMW cachet.
Cons: As others have mentioned the cost goes up fast as you tally up the mostly unnecessary extras. The fuel economy drops fast when you drive this car the way it seems to want to be driven. The S-Drive 328i is very fast, however if you drive it conservatively you will get 34 mpg at 65 or 70 mph as published. There is just a bit of wind rush and road noise that penetrates the cabin. Not a deal breaker but not a luxury sedan by any means.
Overall review: I test drove many cars before selecting the X1. After 8 months of ownership I still think it is best of breed if you do not load it up with too many pricey options. Buy the basic car and add heated seats and the very attractive real wood paneling and you have one of the best deals out there for slightly over 30K.
Best of Both Worlds! by X1 from So Cal on 01/22/2014. Trim: 2014 BMW X1 sDrive28i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Acceleration, comfort, technology, fuel economy, BMW! Handles great - like a 3 series, and you still get some utility functionality. I drove this back to back with the X3, and while it is noticeably smaller than the X3, the drive quality is hands down more fun in the X1. Also compared to the new 3 series, and I definitely like the X1 better, no joke. No regrets, would highly recommend. I kept mine relatively simple with the options - Technology Package, Power Seats, Satellite Radio - That's it! Keep it simple, you will get a great deal! I got mine for $1,500 under invoice!
Cons: Many people say it is too expensive - they are choosing every single option, the price will sky rocket as with any BMW. If you are purchasing the X1, you do not need every option. Keep it simple.
Overall review: Overall this car is great. I had a Chevy Malibu for a few years, and hated not having any utility functions. I then purchased a Toyota 4Runner, but the mileage killed me, and the ride was so "squishy" - I didn't find it enjoyable after a while. It was more than I needed. The X1 is a beautiful example of getting the best of both worlds. I get great gas mileage to and from work. When I want to have some fun, I hit the gas and it screams! When I need some more room, I drop the rear seats, and I can pack it full of whatever I need. For me, this is the perfect car.
Makes me smile every time I drive it by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/19/2014. Trim: 2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Size, handling and acceleration
Cons: Nothing. Over-delivers pretty much across the board.
Overall review: It's like a lifted hatchback combination of 1 series and the last generations of the 3 series that they picked all the best parts of to make. What's not to like?
EXCELLENT SUV! by CEASAR on 04/29/2014. Trim: 2014 BMW X1, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Love, Love this SUV:)
Cons: Not a thing to dislike.
Overall review: This is my favorite vehicle to drive!
Test Driver
Too much money For Small SUV. by Maki Silver Spring on 01/17/2014. Trim: 2014 BMW X1 sDrive28i.
Pros: Good acceleration for 2.0L. Front looks good
Cons: Rear side is not that atractive. Look like low budget car from rear.
Overall review: If you can buy it for invoice price and get discounts it could be good buy.