1999 Jeep Cherokee

1999 Jeep Cherokee Prices
1999 Jeep Cherokee Fuel Economy
it speaks for its self by jp from south carolina on 08/18/2011. Trim: 1999 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: this is a great car i love goin off road and this is light but has a lot of power
Cons: the wirein is a little bad
Overall review: its the BEST!!!!!!!!
One of the best vehicles I've ever owned. by Tom from Omaha on 12/29/2008. Trim: 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4-Door 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I like everything about this vehicle. It is the second Cherokee I have owned, and both have had almost 190,000 miles on them with no problems other than routine maintenance. The vehicle has never left me sitting on the side of the road. Four wheel drive is spectacular (as Jeep is noted for); like the style, gas mileage is acceptable, far roomier than expected in interior; can haul a lot with the seat down in the back.
Cons: Not the smoothest ride if you're into that sort of thing.
Overall review: I love the Cherokee and wish Jeep had never stopped making them.
The best by Phil Northern Michigan on 12/04/2013. Trim: 1999 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I bought this vehicle new in 1999 and now have 228,950 miles on it and it still runs great! Very reliable and easy to work on it such as changing plugs, filters and etc. Never sorry I bought it!! Great 4.0 Engine.
Cons: I wish Jeep would have stuck with the 4.0 Engine!
Overall review: Excellent vehicle!
12 year old AZ Jeep still rocking! by AZ Uktena on 07/16/2011. Trim: 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4-Door 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Reliable, @ 135,000 miles with minimal maintenance (replaced radiator). Good acceleration even with a 4" lift and bigger tires + still get alot of compliments on it.
Cons: GAS MILEAGE!! Rear seat passengers complain "You would think they would make it easier to get in and out of + a little more cushier rear seats". I just tell them It's a JEEP not a 5 cylinder under powered H3 Hummer.
Overall review: We purchased this Jeep in 2000 with 11,000 miles on it, the dealer called it the "Blue light special of SUV's". Now at 135,000 mi. and a 4" lift + oversize tires, it's our reliable, fun vacation vehicle for beach, mountains or camping for my family (instead of the Tahoe) + my occasional commuter.
Jeeps are Affordable by MT Fisherman on 09/28/2010. Trim: 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2-Door 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: It's a great dog mobile, easy for them to get into as I always have the back seat down.( for the last 3 years it's hardly ever been up.) Great 4wheeler, nice and compact for parking. Great for towing my jet ski, and small boat. That's why I purchased this instead of a light weight Rav or Honda. Owned for three years and haven't had any problems. I love the cassette and cd player.
Cons: Of course the gas mileage is only 15 mpg which I was well aware of before I bought it. The seats are uncomfortable, which I also knew, and the windows had a problem, which I checked out before buying due to reading these pro's and con's ahead of time :) and the dealer fixed them only because we caught the problem before buying! The heater and air cond. just come out of the defrost now which started this summer, my brother has the same problem on his Jeep.
Overall review: I do Love my Jeep, wish the gas prices were better because I like the heavy duty Jeep versus the small light weight suvs, and I don't want a single cab truck, as my dogs need a place inside. Allthough I hear the new Toyota Rav or Highlander are good and I'd like more comfortable seats. But the Jeep is in my price range just can't afford a Toyota, even wanted the Camry for awhile, just too much money for this poor ol' guy. My Ford truck has an awesome seat wish this Jeep had it. Jeeps are affordable so I will just get use to the seat!