2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee

"The ultimate highway cruiser" by Slericks from Northern MN on 09/13/2013. Trim: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I have had a 2014 V6 GC Overland since June. We have put almost 7,000 miles on it. The new 8 speed automatic is a great improvement over the 5 speed it replaces. Both the vehicle performance and fuel efficiency are greatly improved. This is the first vehicle that we have owned that gets better fuel economy then it's posted rating. We have had trips with 26-28mpg on the highway. The biggest improvement in fuel economy has come while pulling my boat. Our Jeep is quieter, as refined and has more features than our Lexus RX 350.
Cons: Some auto journalist have mentioned they do not like the electronic shifter. It does take some time to get use to. Once you have driven the GC for an extended period this becomes a none issue. The step in hight is higher than most crossover SUV's.T
Overall review: I would highly recommend this vehicle. It is among the best of the best.
Definetly Not a Cheap Jeep by JB / Calif Hi-Desert on 02/16/2014. Trim: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: A confidence inspiring vehicle. Interior/exterior are all first class. Very comfortable. Put the V-8 Hemi in Sport Mode and this thing is really quick...much more so than my similarly equipped Ram 1500. Overland model has all the good stuff. The noise you hear right now is me knocking on wood...so far (just over 1000 mi) none of the dreaded electronic module issues. I have the 13.33 flash. Seats are firm, but comfortable. The shifter is a little quirky, but easy enough to adapt to. This is our first Jeep and thus far we are very pleased.
Cons: Yeah...when I turn the radio off, I mean OFF, not down. What's up with that? Also, I purchased WeatherTech floor liners 24 hrs. after I got the vehicle. They are VERY nice. Strongly recommend. A real 'must' for the light tan interior. Why? Because this has got to be the cheapest carpet I have ever seen. Some lucky 99 Cent Store must have cut Chrysler a great deal on this stuff. For close to 55K this carpet quality decision is a head scratcher.
Overall review: As a previous reviewer wrote, "know your build date". Good advice. Check that sticker on the door and select the most recent build in the model that fills your need, The more recent reviews would seem to indicate that the electronic head issues were in the earlier builds. Power up the Info Cntr and look for a 13.48 OS if possible. A knowledgeable sales person can pull this up in about 15 seconds.....literally. This rascal is pricey to be sure, but is as nice as anything out there. 4X4 is great in town yet offers excellent off-road flexibility. So far...two thumbs up!
Jeeps for the short by Guy B. on 10/25/2013. Trim: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: A very nice ride for this type of vehicle, handles well and the gas mileage is what you would expect.
Cons: I am one the unfortunate, my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited is 4 months old. I have had an ongoing problem with a short in the Radio/Nav etc . Have been for service numerous times and after each item is fixed, a new short happens within the next week It may not seem dramatic, although when the dash system goes out at night, you lose confidence. Nav system went out when I was traveling in a different state and counting on it to tell me directions. I have lost my sirus, radio the Assist and 911 on the rear view mirror etc. I just don't know what might be next to go and I lost confidence in the vehicle. No problems with the mechanics, but I never know where the short will travel to next.
Overall review: Not a totally bad vehicle, if I did not have all the electrical problems I would be pleased with the vehicle. Also if they were not ongoing I would fill better giving the vehicle a high rating. Right now, far from the most satisfied customer.
Choose a different vehicle by Marc, New York on 10/03/2013. Trim: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The look of the vehicle
Cons: Hesitation Electronic dash and control screen
Overall review: Had the vehicle for 3 days and the electronic dash board went blank. Restarted the car 3 times and it came back on. 6 days later, the navigation system went blank. Had to pull over turn the car off and it came back on. A week later the radio screen frozen. Car has a bad hesitation going from 2 to 3rd gear and 3rd to 2nd. Brought the car back to WESTBURY JEEP. they said there is a flash for the computer system to correct the dashboard issues, except for the radio freezing. They are waiting for Chrysler to figure out a fix for that. They also said there is nothing that can be done about the car hesitating. That's just the way the car is and I need to drive it more and it a should "fix" itself. Very dissapointed with this car and with WESTBURY JEEP. 27 days to fix that and some body damage that they did to my car.
Great Vehicle by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/26/2013. Trim: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The Jeep has a great ride especially for a 4 wheel drive vehicle. The highway mileage for the V6 is excellent at 27 mpg. The feature to cost is the best out there in any comparable vehicle.
Cons: The seats are too firm. The window pillars are too thick making city driving difficult.
Overall review: One of the best cars I have owned with lots of features. I have not had any problems with the Jeep in 7 months of ownership.