1997 Jeep Wrangler

Fun to drive by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/14/2008. Trim: 1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I have had this car for 10 years and it has been fun to drive. Repair bills have been fair to average.
Cons: Chrysler decided NOT to coat the brake lines and they rusted out in 4 places. $1400 to replace them. While Toyota in 1997 coated their brake lines. By the way half of the new lines were not coated.
Overall review: Positive
Jeep: summer fun in the sun! by Mopar or NoCar... I love my Intrepids and Jeep on 06/15/2008. Trim: 1997 Jeep Wrangler SE, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: My family just bought our '97 Wrangler SE a few days ago and I love it! I just learned how to drive a stick-shift in it and it couldn't be easier. I love the ability to drop the soft-top in less than a minute and enjoy the sun shining inside. If rain comes along, the top can be reassembled in a little over a minute. The ride is very smooth for an 11 year old vehicle, but what can I say... these Jeeps are built to last. Even with the four-cylinder, it is quite peppy and incredibly fun to drive! It is very attention-attracting: everyone that sees it smiles and Jeep drivers always wave to each other. Join the Jeep gang and buy yours today!
Cons: My family fights over who gets to drive it each day!
Overall review: It's a Jeep thing! They're amazing!
Perfect for the right person by Banshee35 on 01/22/2006. Trim: 1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I always thought I wanted a Wrangler but talked myself out of one countless times. I had a '93 Cherokee that was awesome and thought the Wrangler would be the perfect replacement - 4WD for the winter here in PA and convertible for the summer. I still think that it is a great combination that nobody else offers, but see below. Timeless styling, and endless supply of aftermarket parts, and the Jeep family thing. Very good in the snow despite what you may read, better than my '04 Landrover Discovery and the ride isn't as bad as people say. Parts are cheap and readily available.
Cons: OK, people are probably going to get mad but here goes. HORRIBLE gas mileage Vs cargo capacity/weight. My Landrover gets the same mileage with a V8, full-time 4WD, and the ability to carry a ton of junk. I know it's a box but so is the LR. Unable to use any of the limited cargo space in the winter because afraid of cracking the back window in the cold, VERY noisey with the top up, and a poor radiator design that leaks after a few years whenever it gets cold. Don't leave anything in it you don't want stolen.
Overall review: I really wanted to love this car, I wanted one since I was a kid, and in the right place it may be perfect for you. If I still lived down south in a beach town, gas was a $1 a gallon, and I didn't want to haul anything more than a gym bag, it would be perfect. It really is alot of fun if you don't mind everything that goes along with it, but for me it's not worth it for 4 months out of the year where the convertible is useable. Maybe I'm to old but I like not being deaf from wind noise after a long trip. If I were going to buy a new one, and I didn't, I would go with an unlimited with a hardtop for the winter but they are way overpriced for what you get. With the top off almost all is forgiven but know what you're getting into.
OffRoad Beast! by ock, OH on 09/01/2005. Trim: 1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I have a heavily modified Tj and I love it! It is the most fun I have ever had, and I have had cars like the S4 and 330Ci BMW. It is amazing offroad, especially with the aftermarket gear done right. The knobby tires work very well. Definately a great ride and everyone loves it!
Cons: The ride is NOT as bad as people say, and handling isn't bad either. It is noisey, but that is expected. Some minor thing don't hold up so well with added stress of lifts and big tires.
Overall review: AWESOME ride! Nothing else compares! Will drive one until I die.
The Deer Hunter by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/25/2004. Trim: 1997 Jeep Wrangler SE, Owned 7 years.
Pros: confortable and durable. I have had 7 deers over the past 7 years that have hit me while driving and my jeep has been repaired w/o any problems and the repairs have not been exspensive
Cons: GET 4.0 LITER ENGINE
Overall review: best deal for a convertable and a 4X4