1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Prices
1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Fuel Economy
Best Jeep model for everyday driving by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/04/2011. Trim: 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD, Owned 10 years.
Pros: Styling, size and dependability. The first Jeep Grand Cherokee model ('93 to '98) has clean body lines, plenty of room for 4 adults without being a massive vehicle to drive or park. The interior is comfortable with good ergonomic design. A great vehicle for everyday driving. With the 5.2 liter V-8 model, this vehicle will tow large trailers or pull down a house in 4-Low. The full-time all-wheel drive makes this vehicle dependable in rain or snow. Other than standard maintenance, the only problem has been the transfer case. I did modify my Jeep with a cold air intake and performance exhaust for better fuel economy. I also upgraded the brake rotors and pads for more reliable stopping power.
Cons: Gas mileage! 13 city; 19 highway; 8 when pulling a 2 ton boat & trailer. The OEM brake rotors and pads are less than fair when towing a trailer. The transfer case vicious coupler binds when hot which makes tight turns a little difficult. Other than the transfer case, my Jeep has been a very reliable vehicle for the past 10 years with over 143,000 miles.
Overall review: I purchased this vehicle mainly for everyday driving and pulling my boat. The 5.2 liter V-8 provides enough power to climb hills or when merging onto highways while towing a trailer. There is plenty of room for passengers and luggage. This Jeep has many features and options to make this vehicle a pleasure to drive. My Jeep has always been a dependable and reliable vehicle to get me where I need to go in safety and comfort.
Fantastic vehicle by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/19/2012. Trim: 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I have owened a 97-98 Graqnd Cherokee for almost 14 years and have had excellant performance. Only problems were that I had to replace the front and rear differential gears about 4 years ago, also the fuel pump. Drives great. looks fantastic and runs great. Good vehicle.
Cons: MKost everythng is good. Milage is aroung 15mpg. I have the 5.2 V8. No real problems that i should not expect after 14 years.
Overall review: Fantastic vehicle
"Perfect All Around Vehicle" by Dan from Bremerton, Washington on 12/09/2009. Trim: 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: In line 6 cylinder, selecta trac, high way 24-26, city 18, drives very good, easy parking, made for a women with all the gauges and reminders, very confortable and good visability, steering wheel has larger grip, gives it stong feeling when driving, lots of storage with the seats down, what doesn't fit inside goes on the roof rack - there is nothing NOT to like about this small SUV
Cons: Could use another pony on two on the hills, would not substutite for a V-6, air conditioning has a reoccuring problem for freon, gave up
Overall review: Purchased with 85,000. now has 240,000, no majors just routine repairs, jeep has made these engines since WWII, looking for 300,000 or better, would I buy another, in a heart beat, best car ever owned, even getting the wife out of her dodge 4x4
12 wonderful Jeep years. by LUV the Ride guy on 09/27/2008. Trim: 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I Love my Grand Cherokee. I bought it new and I believe dollar for dollar it ihas been the best car I have ever owned. during the last 12 years I had to replace the water pump and change the battery and tires only. Currently my Jeep has 135,000 miles and I believe it will go another 135k. I get over 20 mpg on the road and average 16.7 mpg around town. Everything still works like new. My other car is a Mercedes so I do have high expectations and the Jeep meets or all of them.
Cons: The radio could have been better. That's it!
Overall review: I recommend this stylish and practicle car for anyone.
The Best in SUVs by Pam in Everett, WA on 05/13/2008. Trim: 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I am the original owner of my Jeep and have no problems other than standard maintenance issues, I origininally leased it in 11/96 and have gone off roading, hauled construction materials, commuted 170 miles round trip for awhile. For the age of my vehicle, the handling, and the fact that on the freeway my 6 inline gets 21 mpg, as well as having towed a 21' boat and trailer have absolutely no intention of getting rid of this car.
Cons: Well, we're all wishing for better gas mileage, but I knew that when I purchased the car!
Overall review: Overall it has exceeded the durability and reliability I have had in other vehicles. It can go to a concert, so haul dogs or construction materials. I'm in no rush to trade it in.