1996 Jeep Cherokee

1996 Jeep Cherokee Prices
1996 Jeep Cherokee Fuel Economy
Montana climber by J David Montana on 03/06/2012. Trim: 1996 Jeep Cherokee SE 4-Door 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: it handles great on or off road.
Cons: Gas tank is to small
Overall review: I got it a year ago and put a lot of money in to it to get it the way I wanted it and it had been sitting for seven years previoas oner had let things go so I put 4.000.00 in to it with a 4 inch lift and some large tires and new bakes and had some over heating so I webilt the cooling system I also rebilt the transfer case and know I love it and so does my Dog Honey she rides shotgun.J David
The Ultimate by SpeedRacer from Redmond on 02/09/2012. Trim: 1996 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4-Door 2WD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Best One
Cons: Poor gear shifts
Overall review: Best in the lot!!!!
Ryan's Red Lifted Jeep Cherokee Sport 4 Door, 4x4. Unstoppable by Ryan from Monroe, Michigan on 03/05/2011. Trim: 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4-Door 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Cheap, Fun, best 4x4 I've owned. Lots of room, great looks, and one of the best cars I have owned! $60 to fill it from Empty to Full. No problems. Has a lot of Torque. Fast. Good Acceleration.
Cons: Gas millage isn't the best.
Overall review: I have a 6 inch lift with 33 inch tires on my red Jeep and it is great. Haven't went mudding yet but I'm pretty sure it'll be fine. Looks great.
"Classic Jeep Styling" by JeepGuy from Iowa on 04/14/2010. Trim: 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2-Door 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Classic styling. I like the old fashioned "square corner" utilitarian look of the Cherokee. Strong powerful engine. Responsive steering. Reliable. Fun to drive.
Cons: No cruise control. Yes, that was my mistake when I bought it new. No remote rear hatch release and the rear seat has to be removed to get a flat cargo bed. My old 1988 Blazer was more convenient in that regard, but the Cherokee beats it in every other category. Access to the rear seat with the 2 door model is difficult. In hindsight the 4 door model would have been a better choice for my needs.
Overall review: My all-time favorite vehicle. Bought it new in 1996 and have 18000 miles on it (in 2010). Yes, 18000 miles, that is not a typo ! The vehicle was in storage for many years and driven very little. It still looks and drives like new, and the interior still has that new car smell. It's like driving a "new" 14 year old car. I get lots of compliments on the condition of the vehicle. It is fun to drive although I find the ride a bit rough now that I am older. But hey, it's a Jeep! Very functional design for hauling stuff, but not too comfortable for adult size back seat passengers. Mainly used on paved roads, where the 4WD works great in the snow. I plan to keep my Cherokee for a long time.
Like the Energizer Bunny it keeps going, and going, and going... by Jeep freak Boricua on 03/09/2010. Trim: 1996 Jeep Cherokee SE 4-Door 2WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Timeless style. Always someone asking if Im selling or complimenting it (mine looks great in red). Bulletproof engine (litteraly since its made entirely of iron!) Perfetc size for driving around town but still get good cargo space. A lghtweight without 4x4 so gets great aceleration and response. Be light on the gas and it will return decent milleage. Love that engine's exhaust note! Fun to drive. BUILD LIKE A BRICK!!!! I could drive this truck forever.
Cons: All-iron engine could double as a Carnival Cruises achor. Terribly outdated interior (dated 1984). Minimal confort features. No power anything, no cup holders (have to hold my drinks between my legs!), no tilt wheel, very cheap looking plastic and smaller inside than it apears. Some hoses, cables etc. are hard to reach. Hard and unforgiving ride. Rust. ALL PART OF THE CHARM!
Overall review: U either hate or loooove this car. This is a tough and reliable old school truck with great personality. U can use it as a work truck. Those vintage looks will last forever and you can add roof racks, alloy wheels etc to get that go-anywhere look. Surfers, hickers, kayakers, bikers, etc should buy this truck inmediately! Powertrain is a workhorse. Need more comfort? (Who doesnt?) Find 1997+ models. Enjoy your new/old Jeep!