1991 BMW 5-Series

1991 BMW 5-Series pictures are not available
1991 BMW 5-Series Prices
1991 BMW 5-Series Fuel Economy
535is are the best by Linda from Shamong, NJ on 07/17/2005. Trim: 1991 BMW 535i, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I've owned this car for 4 years now. It goes when I want to go. I don't know why it says I've owned it less than a year. That's incorrect
Cons: The leather seats are cracking. No convenient cup holders. The trim around the car is starting to deteriorate
Overall review: I'm so glad I choose this car over the others I was considering.
Highly recommend the E34M50 by Bimmer Believer on 05/07/2011. Trim: 1991 BMW 525i, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Great styling. Great engine. I have the M50B25 w/auto transmission. Currently have over 270K miles. I am the second owner. Oil is easy to change with the filter being right up top. I pump the oil out and have not had an oil related problem in 10 years of driving. Brake jobs are easy to do for the mildly competent DitY-type. Transmission fluid easy to change.
Cons: Transmission so-so after 20 years. Takes a while to shift into 3rd, but it finally gets there. Door panel glue doesn't hold up too well in the hot summer sun down south, so I replaced the panels and the roof liner. The water pump went out on the first owner, but I've not had that problem. Changing the cabin filter is a bit of pain, but I'm not going to knock it for that. The car came with R12 and I haven't converted it to R-134a but plan to before it gets too hot here. I also have the infamous Twisted Seat Syndrome, but it's a relatively easy fix.
Overall review: This car just keeps going with regular fluid and filter changes. I plan to keep it til at least 400,000 miles (just another 130,000 to go). I've calculated repairs to be about $25/month over the last ten years, and that includes EVERYTHING. Get yourself a Bentleys Manual and you can do 90% of the work yourself. One of the best things about this car, is that it was one of the most successful car-lines for BMW and there is TON'S of information, how-to's, and parts out there to keep your machine going, AS LONG AS YOU DON'T WRECK IT.
Fastest sports sedan in the world back in 1991 by Mike on 12/16/2010. Trim: 1991 BMW M5, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Classic look. Very solid handling. Beautiful classic BMW dashboard. Perf is still excellent compared to current models. Very nice sports seat (heated) with thigh support. Parts are still available from Pelican(CA), BavAuto(NH) at reasonable price.
Cons: Original stereo is not good at all compared to the price of the car in 1991. Bad AM reception and the level of noise goes higher as pressing gas pedal. No memory for front power seats. No tilted steering wheel (it does have telescopic feature).
Overall review: 91 E34 M5 with 83500 miles. manufactured in 1/91. CA car with super clean int/ext. It was a $60K car back in 1991. Less than 1700 E34 M5 were imported to North America. Although it is a 20 year-old car, it still performs very well.
Best Car I have owned by Love it in Palm Springs on 06/04/2009. Trim: 1991 BMW 535i, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great ride, handles excellent and strong auto
Cons: not
Overall review: I have always had a new car and american and toyotas...this is by FAR the best ride. Love my 1991 bmw 535i
a better ride than a fine woman by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/14/2004. Trim: 1991 BMW 525i, Owned 2 years.
Pros: It runs on rails. The most responsive car I have ever driven. I could feel the road in my hands and feet. Nothing could handle better.
Cons: Lacking on acceleration. Too heavy for the 2.5l I6.
Overall review: The most fun I have ever had driving a car. I didn't want to go home. Ever.