2014 Mazda CX-5

A wonderful ride and awesome fuel economy. by Rachel's sis from Groton on 02/16/2013. Trim: 2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Smooth ride, extremely agile and peppy. The new stronger 2.5 motor is awesome. Great stereo sound with easy to use Bluetooth. Very comfortable on long trips and it looks great!! I get compliments wherever I go and the first long trip to Maine, I averaged 32.7 mpg overall even though it was rated at 30 highway ! Test drove the CRV (tinny and boring) and traded in my 2010 Rav4 which only got me 22-23 mpg. What a disappointment... Got a great deal from Wayne B. at Northend Mazda in Lunenburg!
Cons: I have only owned it for 3 weeks and I have yet to find a con. If I had to look for a con, I would say that it is a bit noisy for the first 40-45 seconds while the engine preheats.
Overall review: Want a great awd suv that looks, great, is powerful and gives you 30+ miles per gallon? Look no further... My sister is buying one this weekend. After driving with me to Maine, she fell in love with it.
2014 CX-5 rocks and the Rav4 doesn't come close! by scottoworn,Murray,Utah on 03/06/2013. Trim: 2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The 2.5 L Skyactive engine seems to have more torque then what my 2008 MX-5 Miata had.The Bose 9 speaker sound system rocks! I have 500 complete CD's ripped on my smart phone so I listen to all of them via blue tooth. I no longer own any CD's so this makes a lot of sense. The leather seats are very comfortable and the front heated seats are nice to have in Utah. In snow or mud this is unstoppable. This car even has radar to warn you if a car is in your blindspot. This is the first Mazda to use the new design theme: 'KODO - Soul of Motion'.
Cons: There are none!
Overall review: A Rav4 does not come close to this car! Spend the extra and get the Grand Touring-it is well worth it! The CX-5 with the 2.5 really does drive like a sports car. It handles almost as well as my Miata did.
2014 CX5 GT Review by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/11/2013. Trim: 2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: 2.5 engine really made the difference. Quicker, quieter more responsive and fuel economy about the same. basically we like everything about the vehicle, remindsme very much of the BMW X1 at about 10K less in price. Ours is the fully loaded GT and it's really nice
Cons: personally I would prefer a more colorful dash rather than just white all over, including the needles. My opinion thy should have been blue or red or something, as the right of the dash controls are orange and yellow and greens. Also, make all the door switches lit. for some reason the Japanese manufacturers only make some of the switches light up. That's odd to me.
Overall review: great car for the money, a really good value
GREAT SMALL CUV/SUV by TENNISFAN on 02/03/2013. Trim: 2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: GREAT STYLING. 2.5 LITER ENGINE MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE. AWD WORKS QUITE WELL.
Cons: NOTHING YET
Overall review: HIGHLY RECOMMEND
2014 Mazda CX-5 SUV, Great vehicle! by montgor1 from Minneapolis on 02/03/2013. Trim: 2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: 2013 Mazda CX-5 was under serious consideration. I loved the styling and the features that come as standard, such as Blind spot monitoring . Everyone loved the car, and the only issue was that it was under powered with the 2.0. Mazda listened to it's customers and added 2.5 engine to the 2014. It's quieter and has a lot more pep especially went entering the freeway. The vehicle is comfortable to ride in and the gas mileage has been good.
Cons: None
Overall review: 2013 CX-5 will be less expensive but getting the 2.5 2014 is well worth the extra cost. I don't believe anything else changed between the 2013 and 2014 SUVs.