2013 Toyota Prius

2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next
The Truth by ZenWaveRider on 03/09/2013. Trim: 2013 Toyota Prius Two, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I get very good to excellent gas mileage in my 2012 Prius II. On flat driving surfaces the car exceeds the mpg that is listed. I was surprised to get 50+ mpg on congested San Diego and LA freeways. Short trips in a cold Prius and hills reduce mpgs. That describes my usual driving. Overall, the Prius has saved me a lot of time and money at the pump compared to my previous VW VR6. My VW was a BLAST to drive but killed my new family at the pump and with excessive unscheduled maintenance costs. That said, I was looking for savings at the pump and RELIABILITY. The basic Toyota Prius II has done all that after one year of ownership.
Cons: Unlike the solid "thump" of a VW, the door panels on the Prius vibrate and sound hollow. While the interior is roomy with comfortable seats, the cloth upholstery soils easily. The interior plastics all look cheap. POOR VISIBILITY is a MAJOR CONCERN! Invest in a backup camera/sensor. I did have ONE SERIOUS ISSUE with the car. On three ocassions my new Prius would not start when pushing on the POWER button. The car alarm kill switch prevented me from starting my own car. I discovered that if I reset and then deactivated the alarm with my key fob, the car would start. Toyata took care of the problem after the second time when I informed them of my findings on the internet.
Overall review: Overall, I am very pleased with my Toyota Prius II. Despite some harsh criticism, the Prius has been an excellent, reliable family car that has saved me time and money. The Blue Tooth is great and the basic audio system just fine for me. Under better circumstances, I would have gotten the Plug-In or the Prius III or IV with the bells and whistles that I prefer. As it is, I am happy with my Prius II. Besides, I got a GREAT DEAL!!! A performannce car it is NOT! The Prius is an excellent family car that gets you from point A to point B. You'll save on gas and maintenance and help our environment. Beware of the visibility and start up/alarm kill-switch issues!!!
Excellent gas saving by Se on 05/26/2013. Trim: 2013 Toyota Prius Three, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Gas saving unbelievable, acceleration very acceptable with the amount of gas i can save. Solid car, smooth and quite rid. I recommend for every one, it is a must car if you know how much money you save. I have 1.8 engine, which i really like. I did not like the 1.5 when i test drove it, but the 1.8 is 4 cyl is very impressive. The prius is made in Japan and shipped to US, it is perfection hybrid car, little expensive to get the 1.8 engine.
Cons: The 1.8 is at least $25,000 but it is worth every dollar with the amount of gas i saved. I do not recommend 1.5 too weak for me.
Overall review: Excellent car, every home has to have one, you will save a lot
Time for Plug-In by First Time Prius Owner on 05/14/2013. Trim: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug-In, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I bought 2013 Prius Plug-In just 3 weeks ago. Still have more than the 1/2 tank of the origal gas... so I mostly using electricity. I work just 4 miles away from my house, so this car is perfect for me. Overall - the car is fantastic! It has enough power of Power Mode and drives up to 60+ mph on hayway, although I typically switch to the HW mode (from EV) on hayways and save electricity for city driving when it's more effective. I charge the car every night, it takes about 3 hours for a full charge from a regular plug. My average MPG so far is 110. Also, there are plenty of free car charging stations, although a full charge costs about 30 cents (for ~13 miles of EV driving).
Cons: The dashboard instrument screen has a low-res graphics. It's time to make it hi-res and colorful! Also, I'd like to have a higher EV range - up to 20 miles or so. I dont mind to charge it a bit longer!
Overall review: Very good car that serves my needs really well. It's great for short (EV mode) and long trips (HV mode), it saves a lot of money on gas, and it's just so fun to drive it on electricity!
Easy on the gas by Harry from the south! on 04/21/2013. Trim: 2013 Toyota Prius Two, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I am updating my 1st review at this time, I have had the car since 3-11-13 and now have a little over 4000 miles on it. My total gas mileage since I got the car new is still 57+ MPG. that is the main reason I got the car, I am still very pleased my the car!!!
Cons: NONE!!!
Overall review: I would suggest to everybody to try out the Prius, it is real nice every week to go to the gas pump after 525 miles and only put in 9 gallons each time!!!
Review ID: #572047 Is this review offensive?
The perfect runner by Silevest on 11/26/2013. Trim: 2013 Toyota Prius Two, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Excellent milege if you follow the usage screen, There are times to step on the peddle and other times back off. No kidding half highway and half city driving I average 54.7. Boston to cape cod and back at speeds between 54-62 I averaged 63 miles per gallon going to cape and 67 coming back to boston. You have to work the peddle slowly and then criuse. In the city use the brake gear to slow down not the brake pedal.
Cons: It is very easy in the gear shift to hit the wrong shift area. It should be a lock teeth type so as not to hit the wrong selection. The parking brake nedds to be away from the gear shift so as not to hit it by accident while driving. This part is a danger hitting park while driving.
Overall review: Learn how to drive this car. Discounts are high if you research. This is my 3rd one. 2013 discount of $3000 off plus 0% saved me another $1700. Total savings $4700 not counting gas savings. The vehicle list was just over 25,000. Be smart and save. This is probably the best deal on the market. You can flash the car up if you desire with mouldings, pin strips,or with chrome rocker panels. Dont be left out the car is awesome.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next