2013 Honda Insight

The ultimate hybrid with out spending a lot of money. by Bigbear from Horseheads, NY 14845 on 06/23/2013. Trim: 2013 Honda Insight EX w/ Nav, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The gas mileage is between 40-48 mpg and the car keeps up with other cars. On trips, I can go about 400-480 miles before getting fuel. The car handles very well on dry and wet pavement; rear camera is great along with navigation. Sporty and the frosted silver metallic gives the appearance of either light gray or light blue or combination.
Cons: You cannot lock the doors on the front passenger side.
Overall review: Good purchase and like the great mileage with a great ride.
Great Car by Joe in Kentucky on 01/07/2014. Trim: 2013 Honda Insight EX, Owned 1 year.
Pros: l love my insight. have owned it a week and am getting 50 mpg. but this car is not for everyone. if you have kids in sports this car is NOT made to haul them to and from football, soccer, or baseball. not enough room for kids and equipment. but if you want a car for travel, grocery, to and from work. this car is great. if used on long trips pad the front seats. they get hard on ones backside after a few hours.
Cons: front finders need to be made better (thicker) after the dealer got the car ready for me to take home i noticed two very small dents where the technician leaned over the front finder on the drivers side checking oil or something. finders should NOT dent from your body weight while checking oil.
Overall review: did i say i love my insight? i traded an F250 Super Duty (Super at emptying my wallet) the money I spent in diesel fuel is paying for my car, insurance, AND gas. Do I miss my truck? What truck!
Solid, sound, efficient, and affordable. by John. K on 02/17/2014. Trim: 2013 Honda Insight Base, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I like a lot of the safety feutures and the MPG is excellent also. The EPA really underrates this car, I drive normally with traffic and see 46 MPG in the winter and over 50 in the summer. The hatchback makes it very accessible. Honestly, a lot of professional reviews give this car a bad rap, but go drive one yourself.
Cons: The ride is a bit stiff compared to my Prius, but it does handle much better.
Overall review: I bought this car new in August and it's been fantastic. It does well in the snow here in West Virginia (with respect to the decent all season tires) and at around 19,000 dollars, you can get into a hybrid with MPG that approaches my Prius!
Excellent Value by Paul on 11/26/2013. Trim: 2013 Honda Insight EX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: MPG average 46
Cons: Could be more distinctive styling, heavier duty cloth on seats needed.
Overall review: Solid reliable high MPG car
Endangered Species! Warning, get one while you still can! by travisp11, Lexington, Nebraska. on 05/31/2014. Trim: 2013 Honda Insight EX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Gas mileage is way above the EPA ratings. I don't know what they were doing when we tested this thing but my wife and I get 48 + MPG's at 70-75 MPH on the freeway and 50+ MPG's at highway speeds at 65 MPH and below (just leave the drive mode in "econ". The overall build quality is amazing for what some consider an "economy hybrid". Not to sound too anti-American here but this car is one of the few still made entirely in Japan and has a fit and finish that is top notch. Easy to haul and popping down the rear seats gives even more space. The programming and screens giving you info are a bit daunting at the start but very easy to learn. Lots of features for the price/trim level.
Cons: I wish it had just a bit better mileage simply so that it would be considered a viable alternative candidate to the Prius. I know many people that have purchased a Prius simply for the MPG's and because of that reason they have avoided the Insight. The seats are a bit firm and they lock you in place. They remind me of the Summit racing seats I have in my Mustang GT! Econ mode is a bit poky when you push the throttle and by switching out of "econ" and using the paddle shifters, you see the bonus in fuel mileage quickly disappear. BLIND SPOTS. The C pillars are thick so you have to be very careful when backing up. It is hard to tell where the front of the car is so be careful turning.
Overall review: It is sad that the 2014 Honda Insight will be the last year of production and supposedly this summer (2014) will be when the last Insights roll onto the lot. This car is solid. It reminds me of a Mercedes before the bean counters took over in the early 90's. It is quiet, refined and I find that wind really doesn't affect this car as much as people say. It was designed with as little wind resistance as possible. The electric steering gives you little feedback and weight as you turn so you don't feel as connected as you do with mechanical steering. It is a great long-distance cruiser with nearly 500 miles per fill up. Donut spare is a bonus as many cars now only come with fix a flat!