2013 Audi Q5

Test Driver
Audi Crossover. by Mountain Matt on 01/14/2013. Trim: 2013 Audi Q5 3.0T Premium Plus quattro Tiptronic.
Pros: The styling is both sporty and classy. Both engines have plenty of power for normal or aggressive driving. Quattro with the 8-speed Tiptronic transmission allows for a spirited drive on all road types. Car feels stuck to the road with minimal body lean; the steering always feels tight even on center. The panorama roof gives a spacious feel to the interior, especially in back. The interior is elegant and functional with the same layout and instruments as the more expensive models, and afford the full MMI, Google navigation, and connect functions. Seats are very comfortable and the driving position feels right. I like the size, it never feels too big and inspires confidence in driving.
Cons: There is little to dislike about the car. The side mirrors are a little too big, and the B pillars quite wide; both obstruct vision somewhat. Trunk space seems just adequate for this size vehicle, but rear seats slide forward for more space, and fold down for maximum space. Also, roof rack is standard for oversize loads. 2.0 engine seems noisy/thrashy when it's working hard uphill, 3.0 is always quiet and relaxed, but feels heavier. Space saver spare tire, but saves weight. Cars are on the upper end for price and lower end of mpg for this class, but performance and luxury are well worth it.
Overall review: I drove both the 3.0 and 2.0 Q5 back-to-back for 45 minutes each, on two occasions over varied roads and grades west of Denver. I got a good feel for both cars. The 2.0 feels lighter and seems more tossable. For the average driver on flat terain, that car has sufficent power; it moves from a stoplight and passes with aplomb. But on grades and mountain driving, you can hear the 4-cycl engine as it works hard at higher RPM, if you push it. The V6, 3.0 always runs quieter; it moves effortlessly from a stoplight, and hill climbing is hardly a challenge. The engine seems happy and working without issue even when accelerating uphill to pass. Both cars stick to the road with Quattro, inspire confidence in handling, and are fun to drive. They have minor exterior trim differences, and identical interiors except for options. I ordered a 3.0T because we live in the mountains and can use the power and torque. We give up 2 mpg on average for the increase in horsepower.
Who needs 4x4.... by Debbie, Ohio on 12/30/2012. Trim: 2013 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro Tiptronic, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I went from a Chevy Tahoe to the 2012 Audi Q5 because I needed to get better gas mileage because our daughter is commuting to college. I was very concerned about not having a 4x4 vehicle and not being able to climb up and out of our driveway in the snow. Needless to say it has passed that test with flying colors. We have the premium plus 2.0T and we are extremely happy with it. And for all of the music enthusiaists upgrade the stereo to the Bang and Olufsen system. It is well worth the money.
Cons: I really miss the remote start that I had in my Tahoe but the Audi Q5 does warm up very quickly. Better cup holders for rear passengers would be nice also. And I think the rear seats should also come heated. The backseat legroom is pretty tight so you don't want a tall passenger back there.
Overall review: We are very pleased with the overal performance of the 2012 Audi Q5. It is very classy looking, drives and handles beautifully, handles great in the snow and I love the panoramic sunroof. And it gets good gas mileage.
We are buying it. by Tony on 12/02/2012. Trim: 2013 Audi Q5 3.0T Premium Plus quattro Tiptronic, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Test drove the 3.0 to compare it to the 2.0. If gas mileage is not a concern, go for the 3.0. It feels much more composed, quieter and more refined. We test drove the top of the line with comfort package. Once you drive this Q5 there is no going back. Very nice finish, comfortable leather.
Cons: I miss some options such as heated steering wheel. The back seat leg room is lacking.
Overall review: My wife decided to buy it. Need I say more. We test drove GLK350 and found it to be basic. The Cayenne was over priced. Bmw X3 felt small and for the price, no value. So overall, the Q5 was the best choice overall. I own a VW Passat Premium and see many shared parts in the Q5 (Audi is owned by VW). I have had no problems with it. Based on that, I expect the same from the Q5.
The Goldilocks Crossover by Acadianbob from Minnesota on 03/17/2013. Trim: 2013 Audi Q5 3.0T Premium Plus quattro Tiptronic, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: It handles extremely well compared to most crossovers. The Acura RDX is a mush-bucket in comparison (and fast but torque-less). We traded in an S4 for the Q5 3.0T so the ride feels pretty good to us. It will never handle like an S4 but it is much easier to live with; especially on longer trips. Good looks, great drivetrain (lots of torque at lower RPM), great build quality, practical yet fun; awesome interior. It is only a step behind our S4 in acceleration (S4 5.3 to 60, Q5 5.9)
Cons: Too much bundling on the options. $3,500 for NAV; are you kidding me? I'll use my iPhone5. But i might have liked the adaptive headlights or the ventilated seats. You have to spend big, big bucks to get everything you want but it also unfortunately includes a lot of things that you couldn't care less about. So, we did without a few things rather than break the bank.
Overall review: One of the best if not THE best in the segment from an overall perspective. Didn't consider BMW X3 because of poor dealership locations and because we could never keep our 3 series BMWs out of the shop. We've found Audi to be much more reliable. This is our 3rd Audi.
You can't beat the Audi Q5 by BG from Richmond, VA on 12/29/2012. Trim: 2013 Audi Q5 3.0T Premium Plus quattro Tiptronic, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I have a 2012 Q5 3.2L and it's great! It's comfortable, quick, quiet and reasonable on gas. Average around 25 mpg with lots of highway miles and it handles like a car.
Cons: There are a few of minor dislikes. 1) The sunglasses holder in the headliner is way too small. I believe only a childs pair of glasses would fit. 2) I don't like the fact that the center console arm rest moves freely forward & back and doesn't remain in the position you select. Again, minor but aggravating. 3) Sun shade isn't dark enough. It lets too much light in the car on sunny days and if you are migraine headache prone (like my wife is) the glare can get to you. Wish it was a solid shade. On a sunny day I slide a piece of poster board between the glass & shade. Seems to work OK.
Overall review: I recommend the Q5 to anyone who wants a small luxury crossover.