2013 Jaguar XJ Series

Big Blue by Melancholyman on 03/15/2013. Trim: 2013 Jaguar XJ AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: With one single exception, noted below, there is nothing I want or need that this car does not have. Luxuriously comfortable with excellent handling, more than adequate power (bought the AWD supercharged V-6). Shopped Mercedes-Benz and Lexus before buying the XJ. Leaves both well behind.
Cons: Driver's seat doesn't move back when engine turned off to facilitate exit from car. Significant omission on Jaguar's part. Even my 2010 Lincoln MKS had that feature.
Overall review: Have had the car only a little more than a month. A pure delight thus far. We'll see how it holds up over time.
Best car I've ever owned... ( and yes I've owned 4 MB and 2 Lexus) by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/16/2013. Trim: 2013 Jaguar XJL Supercharged, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I've owned 4 MB. Two S-Classes, an SL and my wife now drives a 2010 E350. I love this Jaugar. Best car I've ever owned thus far. When I read articles by the automotive press about how the touchscreen is slow to respond, I laugh. There is a factory default setting that allows added "bling" ( animation) when you touch the screen. It simply creates a "sparkle" type effect when you touch the screen. This default can be turned off in settings and the touchscreen works just fine. I have the 2012 XJL Supercharged and I love it! All the toys including illumnated door/trunk sills and heated windshield! My MB's I've had too many issues to list here!
Cons: If trying to dial a number while backing up, the park assist engages and the phone will disconnect the call and not dial. Safety feature I guess since there are some people who can't walk and chew gum at the same time. Its a little annoying though.. :) I also wish the trunk were just a little bigger. Th wheel wells intrude into the trunk and take up a little room. Nit pick stuff. Other than that this car rocks! I Get more stares in this machine than anything else I've ever owned. I even got stares from Bentley and Aston owners, who would speed up just to see what the heck it was that I was driving..lol
Overall review: To the press. I mentioned above how to disable the touch screen animations in the settings. I've also heard a few reviewers complain that the park assist screen stays on after you go from reverse to drive. The park assist automatically terminates once you reach 10 mph, but if it's a real hassle to you, above the drivers seat there is a buttong with the letter "P" that lights up when park assist is on. If you push that button, park assist will disengage and the touchscreen will return to normal. I've also heard some writers complain "Why should I have to use the touchscreen to heat or cool my seats?" You don't! There is a button just beneath the touchscreen that has a picture of two seats facing each other. You can use that button in cases when the navigation or something else is onscreen..:) I know the owners manual is a big read. But it's there for a reason. Before mit picking the car to death, read the manual people! It's like Prego.. "It's in there!"
Stunning car by Proud Jag Owner on 05/18/2013. Trim: 2013 Jaguar XJ, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: FIrst saw this car next to an S class MB. The Jag was absolutely STUNNING! The MB didn't stand a chance next to the Jag. Bought one a few months later and, again, ABSOLUTELY STUNNING....! V6 engine offers fuel efficiency and performance.
Cons: Wish the price was a bit lower but for this car I was willing to pay full price for it.
Overall review: Just Absolutely Gorgeous! Breathtaking, Stunning, Beautiful
The New Standard by NDL on 10/20/2013. Trim: 2013 Jaguar XJL Portfolio, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I have owned the XJL for approximately 6 months, having driven it about 5,500 miles. The car is stunning inside and out. It's everything a luxury car should be: distinctive, made with fine materials and workmanship, agile, fast, silent, has a superior sound system, comforting, smooth, fast and delivers better than expected mileage - nearly 30 mpg with 2/3 highway driving. I have owned many other 'luxury' cars and presently also own a BMW. The Jaguar redefines - at least for me - what a quality automobile should/could be. It is clearly the best car I have ever owned. Bravo!!!
Cons: To appear to be even handed I really would have like to put down some negative comments - but I can't in good conscience. No complaints or suggestions for improvement.
Overall review: If you're reading this you're likely shopping for a high-end car. Do yourself a favor and check out the Jaguar XJL - this car sets the standard for luxury cars IMHO.
No Longer One of the Sheep! by Steve,RI on 09/17/2013. Trim: 2013 Jaguar XJ AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Everything!
Cons: Nothing. I traded my BMW 7 series for the XJ and am thrilled that I did. Also owned an S class Mercedes and don'y miss it at all. If I wanted a car that looked and performed like every other luxury car on the market, I would have bought another BMW or another Mercedes. I'll keep my Jag, thank you.
Overall review: Outstanding!