2013 Toyota Tacoma

2 3 4 5 6  Next
The 1400 Mile Taco by Rick Oshkosh on 12/13/2013. Trim: 2013 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Size Interior
Cons: Vehicle seems to be built on the cheap side, body panels thin, steering shaft rather tiny. Look it over close before you purchase.
Overall review: Bought my first Tacoma Aug. 2013 last week received recall notice informing me that the top of the engine has to be ripped off to replace all the valve springs. Vehicle has 1400 miles on it. Called Toyota and they informed me the remedy would cost me nothing. How thoughtful since the truck was only three months old. Contacted dealer to get vehicle remendied and they were unaware of any recall notice and told me they haven't done any of these recall remedy's yet. YOURS WILL BE THE FIRST
minor cons, major pros by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/23/2013. Trim: 2013 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Auto 4X2, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I purchased my Tacoma just under a year ago. I love the way it drives and handles. The ride (for it being a truck) is smooth. It does well in turns and on wet roads. I can also haul what I need without a problem. I like the small compartments in the bed (see cons about bed liner). I like the fact that one of the seats has the plastic on the rear, that way my kid doesn't get mud on the back of my seat. The seats fold down easily and there is more storage space in this small truck than expected. My Bluetooth wasn't hard to set up, and I don't find it difficult to switch from one device from the next.
Cons: The sound system in this truck is horrible. I'm still iffy on the plastic liner in the bed. (I like the small compartments in the back, but after a while I'm sure it will just end up rusting underneath.) In the morning the brakes squeal. Not just a little but all the way backing out of my driveway (quite embarrassing since this vehicle is brand new). Previous year model problem so it should be fixed. I'm still unsure as to why only one of the bucket seats has the plastic on the back. I also hate the fact that every time I push the lock or unlock button on the remote, it beeps loudly. The carpet isn't tacked down like it should be either. Looks cheaply done when you really look at it.
Overall review: The things that I find wrong with this vehicle can be fixed and seem to be minor. The overall ride and handling are great and true to the Toyota name. I'm in the process of getting some of the cons fixed..I hope anyway.
This is a great truck, should be better in some areas. by 30 something guy on 03/25/2013. Trim: 2013 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 Auto 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Size is perfect, not to big not to small. Back up camera is a must, ride is firm and doesn't beat you up even with the TRD trim. lots of storage space inside the cab and behind rear seats. 4.0 engine is smooth yet powerful, road/wind noise at highway speed is surprisingly smooth/calm. Plenty of front leg room for 6 foot + adults. Rear passenger head rests fold down and don't block your view while driving. DRL can be turned off or on quickly. Truck feels solid, no lose fitting parts or odd noise from inside the cab while driving. Touch screen radio display can be turned off while listening to music. Truck comes with Toyota's two year or 25,000 mile free scheduled maintanence plan.
Cons: A truck at this price point should include, a ignition light, longer turn signal and wiper levers and a LOCKING glove box, center console and tail gate. The steering column doesn’t extend far enough. Somebody at Toyota should be fired for engineering tiny door handles for the Tacoma, those handles belong on a 1995 Tercel! There is no front license plate mount, just two holes drilled into the front bumper. I was disappointed to discover my Tacoma was made in Mexico; other Tacoma's are made in Texas too.
Overall review: I purchased the Tacoma Double cab with TRD off-road pkg for $430 below invoice. That said, this truck is great even with the cons noted. I compared the Nissan Frontier with the Tacoma when shopping for a smaller truck. I liked the look and feel of the interior and exterior of the Tacoma over the Frontier. Toyota knows the Tacoma has no equal in its class right now and the Taco outsells the Frontier too. I purchased the Tacoma for many reasons including its history of reliability. The Ford F-150 and Dodge RAM were to big for my needs, the Tacoma is just right. I avg 16 mpg mixed with city/hwy driving.
Nice Truck by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/24/2013. Trim: 2013 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Access Cab V6 Auto 4X2, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Exterior looks. Interior design, fit and finish. Expected reliability. Resale value.
Cons: No Satellite Radio (why???). Seats can get uncomfortable (personal preference). Ride not refined. I test drove a Frontier and preferred it's ride more.
Overall review: I still bought the Tacoma. Yes, preferred the Nissan ride more. But preferred the Tacoma in almost every other way. It is not a small truck, it is clearly mid-sized. Not having Satellite Radio capability is perplexing.
Great truck! by Poe on 12/20/2012. Trim: 2013 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This truck handles almost as good as my Camry that I traded in for it, and it almost gets the same gas mileage. This week I had a chance to test it out in some major snow and it moved and handled through it like a dream. No sliding, or slipping and I felt comfortable and safe as it ploughed through the snow leaving other cars sliding to the side. The controls are simple but easy to locate and operate and the seats are very comfortable and supportive. I love how I feel in this truck and like the way it sits up high. It isn’t so big that I have to look for two parking spaces when I pull up somewhere, but yet it has the power to pull what I want.
Cons: The Bluetooth seems to be giving me some trouble and I am going to play with that more this weekend and figure out if it is the car system, or my phone. I would have liked some kind of step to get up in the back of the truck when the tailgate is open, but that is a minor concern.
Overall review: Nice looking, solid truck. I got the TRD sports package and love the way it looks.
2 3 4 5 6  Next