2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next
Fun, Fuel-efficient Subaru by Tom (St. Louis) on 01/16/2013. Trim: 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek 2.0i Limited, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Unique looks. We have always sworn by Subarus (this is our 4th), but wished for improved fuel economy. This car delivers that and is fun to drive. Handing is great, and acceleration and power are what you would expect for a 4-cylinder engine. Comfortable seating, roomy interior, even in the rear seats. Love the backup camera and moon-roof.
Cons: No major gripes. My only wish is that the dash indicator would tell me which door was open, not just that "something" is open. My older Outback did that. LIke I said, no major gripes. It is also surprising that there is no lumbar adjustment, however the seats are comfortable,
Overall review: I have owned this car since mid-December 2012 and have put ~2000 miles on it, driving in rain, snow, mud, streams, cold weather, and a few days of temperate weather. The car has delivered on all expectations. The interior is comfortable and roomy. It is not luxurious, nor should it be for this price. But who really wants to put a dog, sports gear, or anything wet, snowy, or muddy in a luxury car? I tend to drive to maximize the mileage, but it has power to merge or pass when I need it. Sure, not as much as our V-6 Tribeca, but then again I averaged over 26 MPG on a 1000 mile road trip with 4 passengers, a full load of cargo, and a cargo box attached to the roof rack while averaging > 70 miles per hour. No other crossover is going to do that. I can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can make use of the bike rack! (I bought the tow package as well.)
2013 Subaru Limited XV by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/22/2013. Trim: 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek 2.0i Limited, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: All-wheel drive, high ground clearance 8'7 , fuel economy,Unique look exterior, fun to drive, sporty.
Cons: No power front seats on my 2013 Subaru Limited XV
Overall review: Fell safe in it, great looking crossover !!!
Very Versatile by Jason on 06/23/2013. Trim: 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek 2.0i Premium, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Excellent styling in my opinion. This car is a true crossover vehicle, providing an excellent mix of rugged SUV capability and safety with sleek styling and MPG of a car. Other vehicles in this segment like the CR-V, RAV-4, CX-5, Rogue, etc. don't live up the versatility of the Subaru Crosstrek. Interior is roomy and simple, doesn't look or feel too cheap. Great gas millage. High safety and reliability ratings. High projected resale value.
Cons: If you're doing your research right, you've probably come across some bitter biased reviews saying how the car is weak and underpowered. It's not, its adequate, and there is a huge difference. If the car was underpowered, you wouldn't be able to pass cars on the freeway and you'd probably accelerate out of a red light as fast as an 18 wheeler. It's not a V6 muscle car or a V8 sports car or a V12 exotic car, it's a 4-cyl crossover and it does much better off the line then most of the other vehicles in it's class.
Overall review: Great car. I think it has the potential to become a new Subaru flagship. If you're really concerned about the lack of unneeded horsepower, I would wait for '14 - perhaps Subaru will add a V6 or 4-cyl turbo option.
Great Crossover! by Kate from Minnesota on 01/19/2013. Trim: 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek 2.0i Limited, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love the way this vehicle handles on snow and ice. I live in northern Minnesota and it has lived up to our tricky winter roads.
Cons: I found it odd that even with the upgraded Limited Edition of this vehicle, it does not have power seats. Is it easy to adjust your seat, yes, but with leather interior, back up camera, bluetooth, etc...no power seats? I thought of that as very basic.
Overall review: This sporty crossover is a great find at this price point.
I think Subaru has a hit on its hands! by SubaTru on 04/14/2013. Trim: 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek 2.0i Premium, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This car looks and drives like a more expensive vehicle. Great MPG (averaging high 20's combined).
Cons: Wish this car had a bit more power and a bit better sound insulation. The CVT whine is definitiely noticable.
Overall review: Overall this is a great vehicle. I love it. Wish it drove a bit quieter and was a bit quicker merging into highway traffic, but the tradeoff is great MPG and if those are the biggest complaints, I think it's a keeper!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next