2013 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class

This Car Is a Lemon by Sarsharmo NC on 07/25/2013. Trim: 2013 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4MATIC, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I Bought this car back in Oct 2012 based on my past experience with 2008 GL450 and own 8 other MBs! This car has been nothing but a LEMON. In the MB Forum other owner had said they have the same problems at 5000 mile! vibration while driving, and it has been in the shop several times , other problems : break problem, AC problems , Multi Contour seat problem , door latch problem, Cooling system hose problem . Contact with MB USA INC has gone no where and they are no help either
Cons: Many mechanical issues, the way MB USA Inc. is taking care of the problems
Overall review: this is a great looking car with many luxury features ! if they work !!
Disappointing Too Expensive Ride by NnN on 08/31/2013. Trim: 2013 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL550 4MATIC, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Quiet and comfortable ride.
Cons: Aggravating electronics are dismal at best. Slow, antiquated, aggravating to the point of me trading it in for another brand.
Overall review: For the high sticker price you are wasting your money. The sale job of prestige is not there as most consider you foolish for spending that much on an average performing ride. I don't understand the so called expert reviews. They must be getting paid by MB.
Mercedes GL 450 Top Luxury SUV by Bob from Erie on 07/06/2013. Trim: 2013 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4MATIC, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: We had a GLK previously for 3 years and had no problems with it other than wanting more space. We looked at the new 2013 GL450 after looking at other large SUV high line models. The other brands we looked at did not come close to Mercedes and we are completely satisfied with our decision with the GL450. The restyle on the 2013 gives the vehicle a clean and classy look as well as function both inside and outside. GREAT JOB MERCEDES.
Cons: Nothing it's a great vehicle.
Overall review: The only problem we had was finding the right GL450 available in the color and options we wanted without having to wait for an order. The ride, handling and performance is terrific and with us owning it for 6months and driving almost 5,000 miles so far I cannot think of anything that I would change.
Test Driver
My demo ride turned me off. I was disappointed and frustrating by David - LA on 09/14/2013. Trim: 2013 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL550 4MATIC.
Pros: Comfort and acceleration for a heavy car. Fit and finish is impeccable. However. interior design does not stand out in 2014 as prior years as it looks like everyone else's SUV.
Cons: I wanted to purchase going in but demo turned me to competitor. Electronics and connectivity horrible from mapping to steering wheel control buttons to air conditioning. Not sold on 2014 redesign as it looks more Asian than Asian manufacturers. Slow slow slow response time. Delays in connection. Voice recognition must be a german woman who doesn't understand English. Back up camera only kick on after I was out of the parking space. Glitches galore that embarrassed the salesman so bad he agreed with me to go look at competition. It went down between Cadillac and Lexus. Cadillac won as styling and connectivity is out front of competition.
Overall review: The engine and ride was thumbs up. Electronics, design and connectivity a big thumbs down. For the money it is not the pick of the litter for me.
Test Driver
Better SUV's out there for the money. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/03/2014. Trim: 2013 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL550 4MATIC.
Pros: Quiet interior and reasonably good handling for a large bulky SUV
Cons: Electornics and connectivity couldn't be more dismal. Slow connecting and voice recognition should be called voice unrecognizable. She must speak only German. Back up camera comes on after you have pulled out of your garage or parking space. Accleration lag and unpredictable. Interior design bulky and clumsy like a truck.
Overall review: Better SUV's for the money out there. I test drove it for the weekend and didn't buy as a result. Purchased a competitor