2013 Scion iQ

Great little car by Toolman from Pittsburgh on 04/02/2013. Trim: 2013 Scion iQ, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I like the way it feels like a much bigger car on the inside. I have no problem having three people in the car. It is a great car for touring the city to commuting 100 miles a day.
Cons: I wish it had better interior light.
Overall review: This is one of those vehicles that people laugh when you get out of. Thats fine, I ask then when was the last time you got change from a $20 when you filled your gas tank.
I Love my Hot Lava 2013 Scion iQ!!! by Rick Monument, Colorado USA on 03/31/2013. Trim: 2013 Scion iQ 3-Door Hatchback AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I'm getting 44 mpg with this car that looks tiny on the outside but when you sit in it feels to be the same size as a mid-sized car. Guests I take for a ride say it's uncanny how BIG the interior feels!! Standard comes with A/C, power everything, CVT transmission, awesome Panasonic Blue-tooth sound system with 6 speakers that synchs with your cell phone for hands-free use, and even a removable antenna on the top for when you go through car washes. 1.3 liter 4-cylinder puts out 94 hp which isn't much until you realize the car only weighs just over 2,000 (half a normal car) so it's surprisingly peppy! Since I'm getting 44 mpg, the 8 1/2 gallon tank lasts forever...over 370 miles!!
Cons: As with all Scions, not offered with a lot of options (like a manual tranny) but does have a few nice options you can get later one, like sharp alloy wheels, fog lights, etc. Two riders is just fine...three is doable (the passenger seat moves way up), but 4 really isn't since there's no room behind the driver's seat. Not a lot of exterior color options but, my favorite, Hot Lava was what I found and I love it!!
Overall review: Consumer Reports totally missed the mark with this prize of a car. The quality and attention-to-detail with the engineering is on-par with much, much more pricey cars like the Lexus and Mercedes. It even comes with 0-20w Synthetic oil that only needs changing every 10,000 miles. (But nobody I know who owns one will let it go that long....5,000 is my personal limit, sooner if the oil starts looking dirty.)
Great city car, freeway too by Bryan, Los Angeles on 04/01/2013. Trim: 2013 Scion iQ 3-Door Hatchback AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It's so small from the outside, big on the inside! It really is amazing every time I get out and realize just how efficient the use of interior space is. Never feels cramped, even with 3 normal-sized adults. Usually it's just me or me and my wife, so back seats are folded down, which leaves plenty of room for groceries, etc. Easy on gas (I'm averaging 38 mpg since July 2012) even though I drive more toward the aggressive end of the spectrum. Perfect car for commuting, does just fine at freeway speeds. Plus it's so easy to part and maneuver, given the size and the miniscule turning radius.
Cons: CVT transmission is lacking low-end torque, but isn't bad once you get moving. Ride and handling from the factory was a bit soft, so I added the rear sway bar which made an enormous difference. Interior lighting is pretty weak, but not usually problematic. Seats are probably the weakest part of the interior; not much in the way of bolstering, padding or ability to adjust, but generally fine for the type of driving I use the car for.
Overall review: Admittedly, this car isn't for everyone; if you have more than one kid and this is your only car, good luck. But if you're looking for something small that gets above-average gas mileage and has some personality (I'm looking at you, Prius family) for a remarkably low price, given all the standard features, build quality, and reliability of the Toyota lineage, you absolutely should check it out.
Great two seater by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/31/2013. Trim: 2013 Scion iQ 3-Door Hatchback AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great gas mileage. Not short on get up and go. Feels like a regular car inside.
Cons: Not enough interior lighting.
Overall review: This is a great little car.. Big on interior room if you consider it a two sweater..which it really is. Very customizable. Great on gas. Easy to park and maneuver
Almost the perfect little car. by Mel from Odessa Texas on 03/22/2013. Trim: 2013 Scion iQ 3-Door Hatchback AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Handling and breaking are outstanding and the IQ is fun to drive
Cons: Add 3 things and the IQ is the perfect small car 1. Cruise control 2. Self dimming driver side mirror and rear view mirror and 3. A much better paint job. The finish chips easy.
Overall review: Great car to save you money even if you have a lead foot. Even with agressive driving I routinely get 34 MPG. The comfort room is comparable to mid-sized cars and for some mid-sized the IQ is heads and shoulders the winner for comfort. I'm 6'2" and there is no problem.