2013 Volkswagen Touareg

Great SUV! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/04/2013. Trim: 2013 Volkswagen Touareg, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great car with understated european feel and excellent quality. Great to drive and excellent towing capacity in the TDI.
Cons: Needs longer basic warranty, but excellent powertrain warranty.
Overall review: Wonderful luxury SUV/
Too pretty for off-road by Transplanted Cubs fan in Seattle on 05/15/2013. Trim: 2013 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Lux, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Pros: Styling is simple but elegant. Fit and finish is superb. For those of us not looking for the "look at me, I'm a Porsche owner". . .
Cons: Occasional turbo lag felt at low speeds. Slightly noisy at low speeds. .
Overall review: Drove other vehicles in this class But found this vehicle to be best-in-class; IMO.
Towing is easy by Noah on 06/30/2013. Trim: 2013 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Lux, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: A very luxurious SUV, it is not an off-roading vehicle.. it is too pretty for that but in a few years maybe. The main reason for going with the VW over the Porsche was the interior and price. The Porsche while a beautiful vehicle, the interior is too sporty for me, the VW is more of a dinner SUV in my mind. But the price for the TDi is less and the towing capacity is amazing. I just completed towing my girlfriends Jetta about 500mi and it did not feel like I was towing anything, merging was easy in sport mode but not really needed. Overall, after about 3k miles driven I am still pleased with the vehicle and best of all no buyers remorse.
Cons: Cons.. the windshield wipers need to move faster. I had to rain-x the windshield to keep up with the rain. The radio is the Lux package is weak. I like to drive with the windows down on nice days and when the windows go down music is practically unheard. But that could be fixed with the Executive package.. which would be the only thing I would change, the lux package is nice enough but for a bit over $50k I really think the speakers could keep up with my fading hearing.
Overall review: A modestly priced luxury SUV, yes it is "just" a VW but if you want a Porsche or Mercedes go get one. If you want to save a few thousand and get an equally strong vehicle both in performance and quality the VW should be given a ride. It is nice for me because the VW dealer is also an Audi and Porsche dealer so when I dropped it off for its "quick-check service" maybe 30 minutes? I was given an S4 to continue running errands.. I now own three VWs (Touareg, Jetta, Passat) and a Mercedes, the Touareg has become my daily driver I enjoy it so much.
Good but significant limitations by Boston X5 Owner on 05/18/2013. Trim: 2013 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Executive, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Overall solid feeling. Smooth drivetrain. 8 speed automatic transmission
Cons: Noisy rear suspension over minor road imperfections. Interior too simple - like a slightly dressed-up Jetta or Passat. Premium price at main stream brand service/sales experience.
Overall review: Good vehicle but limited by VW service/dealer experience. Should have a VW concierge service specifically for this vehicle with costs twice as much as any other VW on the lot! Take your $60K Touareg in and you get an $18K Jetta as a loaner...just not right!
Wonderful VW SUV by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/04/2013. Trim: 2013 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Executive, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Solid, quality construction and feel. Understated looks, but classy and attractive. Excellent driving feel and control for a SUV. Excellent towing capibility in the TDI. Great european vehicle.
Cons: Needs a longer basic warrenty. Inconvienient Adblue access compared to exact same car in the Porsche model.
Overall review: Enjoyable car, top of the line luxury without the demonstrable insecurity of other makes. Much better than our MDX. and as nice to drive as my BMW sedan.