2013 Volkswagen Beetle

Enthusiast
swag compact by chattycandy from NYC on 05/27/2013. Trim: 2013 Volkswagen Beetle 2.0L TDI.
Pros: very appealing
Cons: not that great handling and acceleration
Overall review: very stylish and i would recommend this to newly weds
LOVE THIS BEETLE CONVERTIBLE!! by Jeff R. on 02/12/2014. Trim: 2013 Volkswagen Beetle, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The styling of this Beetle is great! VW did a good job of honoring the past but giving it a more masculine look. From the rear, it reminds me of a Porsche (not sure what year but it just looks like it to me). There's a lot of room in the front seat for two passengers regardless of size. The rear is naturally tight. 2 adults could ride there for a short time but not comfortably. The performance of the 2.5 liter 5 cylinder engine is pretty good. 170 HP is not bad for a car of this size. I'm sure the turbo is much better but this car easily gets out of it's way. It seems put together pretty well. Everything is smooth and tight. The heated "leatherette" seats look great and are comfy.
Cons: None so far. This is my wife's car. She rear-ended another vehicle doing about 40 mph a month after we got it. The driver's airbag went off and the front right of the car was tore up pretty bad (almost $19K in damage) but the structure is so sound, the windshield didn't even break. After the repairs, the car is back is back to it's strong tight self. This car is a convertible and I've always heard that removing that roof support weakens the structure of the car causing body flexing, shakes and rattles but not this one. Even after the accident it's still as tight as ever. My wife was completely uninjured thankfully and I believe the car saved her from this. In short, it did it's job.
Overall review: This is our first convertible and I love it. I know guys aren't supposed to feel comfortable in a Beetle. Especially a Beetle Convertible but I love this car. I enjoy the open air feeling with the top down. With the top up, you hear a little more of the surrounding noises than you would in a hard top but not obtrusively so. The base stereo is great! Road noise, even on the highway with the top down is not excessive. Of course it's not as quiet as a hard top but a hard top is not as much fun either. We don't have the optional ($500) wind blocker but you can carry on a conversation doing 70 mph down the interstate. You might have to speak a little louder but you're not shouting. A GREAT FUN CAR!!
Performance and Comfort by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/09/2014. Trim: 2013 Volkswagen Beetle 2.0T Turbo, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I did get a nice deal, a 2013 Turbo with 3k miles for about 20k. Driving, Handling, Cruising is all a pleasure. I don't torque it out a lot but when you want to, this thing has got serious get up and go. You can do 0-60 in 6 seconds. Solid, pretty heavy vehicle for a car that's relatively compact so it'll cruise for you in the comfort of its 3k pounds and when you want to or need to get somewhere ... it will GO. Excellent headroom, shoulder room, and leg room. Love the interior and exterior.
Cons: Black is hard to keep clean.
Overall review: If your looking for a car that's fun to drive, has excellent headroom for big/tall and gets decent gas mileage.
My Retirement Car ! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/26/2013. Trim: 2013 Volkswagen Beetle 2.5L w/Sunroof, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I like everything - it handles well, comfortable and good on gas. This is the fourth new beetle I have owned the 2-13 is by far the best!
Cons: Not much
Overall review: I own a denim blue and get compliments and thumbs up quite often when driving down the street. The style is great. Everyone who drives it loves it !
"Loving It!" by vbug on 09/15/2013. Trim: 2013 Volkswagen Beetle 2.5L w/Technology Convertible, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: So far, so good. I have a 2007 and couldn't bear to part with it. I just bought a 2013 w/sunroof. Drives smoother than my 2007, sportier with very good option package. Price was just right.
Cons: None so far
Overall review: I drove a Nissan Pathfinder for about 12 years. It was my primary vehicle. Gas was expensive because The LE version only takes high octane gas. This was not good on my pocket. I also experienced other problems with my pathfinder. After driving a Beetle for 6 going on 7 years I am sold!!!