2013 Volkswagen Eos

The Perfect Convertible by Allen on 04/12/2013. Trim: 2013 Volkswagen Eos Komfort, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I have owned a 2009 EOS now for a year. Overall, it has been excellent. I'm 6'2" and I do not feel cramped at all in this vehicle, even on a 2000-mile+ road trip. Performance is outstanding with the 2.0 turbo. My wife and I wanted a convertible, and this vehicle fit our needs perfectly. Our combined city-highway mileage is 28, highway mileage on that 2000 mile trip was 35. It has a baffle to eliminate the buffeting noise with the top down, or the sun-roof open. We love the rear seat baffle also, which stops the wind from hitting driver and passenger from the rear with the top down, plus it hides things from view in the backseat while shopping.
Cons: There is a flat-spot in the acceleration from a dead-stop. It feels sluggish until you reach about 20 mph, or the turbo kicks in. The reports I read about the EOS before I purchased it noted fuel-injection problems, and that did happen. We had one injector solenoid fail and replaced it. About 2 months later another injector solenoid failed. This time the dealer replaced the remaining 3 at no charge. Since then, no problems at all. There is some increased noise with the hardtop up on rough roads at low speeds, but we knew that up front. Hardtop convertibles have several pivot points that can cause some noise as they flex. My major dislike - my wife is always driving it, not me
Overall review: I gave this car rating of 9's and 10's. I am very surprised I don't see more of them on the road. Perhaps that has to do with the convertible more than anything else. I narrowed my search down to the EOS and the Toyota Solara Convertible. The EOS won hands down on every point of comparison.
An amazing convertible! by Bob on 05/14/2013. Trim: 2013 Volkswagen Eos Executive, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I have a 2013 Executive model with 3800 miles on it. It is a beautiful car with excellent performance and great seats. It gets excellent gas mileage, and I love driving it.
Cons: The lack of trunk space with the top down - I knew about this issue when I bought it, and it is a common problem with hardtop convertibles. As I live in Chicago, I wanted the hardtop and front wheel drive.
Overall review: It is an amazing car!
It's a convertible and more! by Lighting Bug, Northern CA on 04/25/2014. Trim: 2013 Volkswagen Eos Executive, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Haven't had my 2013 Eos Exec. for very long, but so far I love it. It has good pickup and is comfortable and I love the hardtop/sunroof/convertible options! The stereo has many options too--cd, Mp3, hard disk drive, Satellite, HD radio, etc.
Cons: with the top up, it looks rather bland. I never noticed the Eos until I bought one. Also, with all the music options (see "Pros", above), it's hard to decide what to listen to!
Overall review: Overall, I am happy with my Eos. It has all the bells and whistles one could want except for memory drivers seat. If considering this car, do not settle for anything less than the Lux or Executive, or you will be disappointed. The lower end ones (Komfort, Sport) don't have real leather seats and for my money, I want the real thing!
Little Red EOS by Jeannie on 02/26/2014. Trim: 2013 Volkswagen Eos Komfort, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I have a 2013 Salsa Red EOS - I absolutely ADORE this car! A hard top and convertible which is the best of both worlds. I have had BMW's, Corvettes, Audi's, Cadillac's and Jaguars. This is my favorite! I owned an Audi TT convertible previously and loved it - but this is hands down my favorite. Comfort, style and economic plays in to this little car. I have alot of comments from people about this car. I highly recommend it.
Cons: Trunk space when the top is down - BUT - it will fit several suitcases in there before the top is down, and there is always the back seat! No issues when traveling.
Overall review: Excellent car - Highly Recommended
Review ID: #582076 Is this review offensive?
2014 VW Eos, a Wonderful Car! by Brent from Jackson, MI on 01/08/2014. Trim: 2013 Volkswagen Eos Komfort, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Very well made automobile. I traded a Hyundai Sonata in due to ongoing mechanical issues. It does have a noise from time to time coming from the retractable top, but that was expected. Love the transmission, brakes and handling. The engine does have that momentary turbo lag from the start, but the power after that is very impressive. We had one small problem with the sunroof and our dealer took care of it promptly and very professionally.
Cons: Would like more storage room inside and in the trunk, we'll just have to adjust and take smaller suitcases.
Overall review: This is a very nice automobile. For just two people and our small dog it should be a car that we will enjoy for years to come. Also, the dealership we dealt with has made owning the car very enjoyable, and that can't be said for some of the dealerships we've dealt with.