2013 BMW X1

2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next
Multi-Purpose Heaven by Spudpuck from Boise on 10/20/2012. Trim: 2013 BMW X1 xDrive28i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The x1 is all purpose purrrfection. Easy to use cockpit. Crazy quick and fun. Fits the pup in the back easily. I'm in heaven.
Cons: Really easy to get to 50k when you add a few amenities. Definitely not a 35k vehicle. Don't like that you can't pick and choose a few things from one "style" to the other. I wanted the M seats, but they didn't come in the color I wanted. If I got the M seat, I couldn't get the car in the color I wanted. Kind of silly.
Overall review: I hope it lasts 500k miles! Great for me.
An amazingly fun small SUV by guy from Northeast on 12/22/2012. Trim: 2013 BMW X1 xDrive28i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: excellent handling and acceleration
Cons: option packages are pricey
Overall review: I was debating between a new fusion or accord or a sporty SUV like a Q5 when I ran across the X1. It perfectly fit the difference between these for me. It is amazingly fun to drive. It drives like a sports sedan but can still fit what I need due to the 40/20/40 fold down seats. However, it is small for an SUV and is more like a raised hatchback. It is rare to use the term value and BMW in the same sentence, but if you avoid the options, then this is a great value. MSRP less than $34K and got for just over $31K with cold weather pkg and xdrive. It may be a crossover, but there's no compromise. You get amazing driving and great gas mileage and an upscale small SUV for not too much money.
A Great Commuter by Brad from Wisconsin on 05/08/2013. Trim: 2013 BMW X1 sDrive28i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This car looks great, has BMW cachet, is available in rear wheel drive, performs at the top of its class and has good headroom and drive position for a tall person.
Cons: Fuel economy is disappointing despite a relatively high rating by the EPA. Interior road noise is fairly high and the ride lacks the refinement of an upscale European or American car. Packages are expensive and easily drive the cost of the car to the low 40's. Many of these packages are available in upscale sedans at a lower price.
Overall review: Because I put a high priority on refinement and quiet motoring, I am not liking this car as much as I initially thought I would. I knew there would be some compromises over my prior sedan. I was looking for a small or mid size sedan or car-like SUV with reasonable headroom, respectable fuel mileage, something I could drive comfortably our west skiing and the X1 seemed to fit the bill, but this does not measure up on long road trips. If you drive aggressively, make short commutes and do not need to carry much cargo the X1 may well have no peers. This is a fun car to drive hard. For the amount of money I paid I would have been better off buying an upscale sedan.
"The SUV that performs like a sports car" by Envelop Man suburban Philadelphia on 10/10/2013. Trim: 2013 BMW X1 xDrive28i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The x1 is in my opinion looks like a sports car in a small suv body. The handling and performance are excellent. The steering and braking are very responsive. On a recent 1100 mile trip the x1 averaged 30 mpg. I think this will improve as the engine breaks in as the the car had only 500 miles on it when we started the trip. This a great car for anyone who values performance, and style as opposed too a big lumbering SUV.
Cons: Some of the controls are not user friendly, and take tine too get familiar with. The interior is on the small size, and not meant for large families, The base price around 32,000 includes a number of standard features. The problem is the as features are added the sticker can rise too 45,000 plus.I
Overall review: I would strongly support the purchase of the x1 Great for a single person or small family. If you are looking a fast sporty SUV this the one for you. BMW quality and handling in a nice package. Great style and handling. A good SUV for a single person or small family.
Perfect car for the person who wants it all by California Dreamer on 04/24/2013. Trim: 2013 BMW X1 sDrive28i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I had a 3 series convertible and a bigger SUV, so I wanted something that could round out the two, while getting good gas mileage. I love that it handles like a sports car and still gives me the ability to haul around my 100lb pup. It's got a comfortable ride and all of the bells and whistles I wanted.
Cons: The cargo space in the back is a little tight, so traveling with more than two people with large items or a lot of luggage could be a problem. The extras also add up quickly, so getting the car for under $45k was a push.
Overall review: This was the perfect car for my husband and I who are empty nesters. I'm looking forward to taking it on a road trip! I'd buy it all over again!
Review ID: #572078 Is this review offensive?
2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next