2013 Volvo S60

A great sports sedan! by Rastro on 05/13/2013. Trim: 2013 Volvo S60 T5 Premier, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Comfort, acceleration and build quality. Traded a Jaguar in for this and it has the most comfortable seats ever! Nice design and safety features. A great car!
Cons: Nothing so far.
Overall review: If you are considering a European sports sedan the Volvo should be on your list. I was not initially looking at one but after the reviews I've read its a great value!
Volvo S60 All around performance and safety. by bill from Philadelphia on 10/03/2013. Trim: 2013 Volvo S60 T5, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Style, comfort and acceleration. Quietness of cabin and smoothness of transmission shifting.
Cons: Lack of steering wheel paddle shifter.
Overall review: This is my first Volvo and I love it! Great all around car with good looks and very adequate power. I traded up from a 2008 Eclipse and really enjoy the difference in ride quality.
Nice car BUT... by prrst on 07/11/2013. Trim: 2013 Volvo S60 T5 Premier Plus, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: City Safety feature
Cons: Tailpipe extends beyond bumper, already burned while accessing trunk Gas mileage is poor for size of car
Overall review: This is my first Volvo and I purchased it for the safety features. I mainly use it for driving to work but also have 3 kids. The biggest concern is that the tailpipe on the corners sticks out further than the bumper and my kids have already burnt their legs when walking around the car or taking their bags out of the trunk. Not worth the other safety features. Volvo refuses to acknowledge that this is an issue and asked that I be mindful of my children. Never had this problem with any other car that I have owned.
My first Volvo by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/13/2013. Trim: 2013 Volvo S60 T5 Premier AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: this is my first Volvo car and my 9th vehicle in my life. Bought new from a NJ Volvo dealer in May. Previously bought Ford, Pontiac, Toyota, Honda, Isuzu, Nissan, and Mercedes (still driving) vehicles. I bought the T5 Premier AWD plus climate package, and added remote engine start. I got a good deal, about $2000 less than trucar cost, plus a $500 costco card. I bought it for commuting, and for its class, I think you get the best bang for your buck. I think a comparably equipped Mercedes C300 will cost about $7,000 to $8000 more.
Cons: the extra space behind the control panel is weird, but was told by dealer that is Scandinavian style. don't know what I should put in there. I am not a tall guy, 5'10 and 200 lbs, and I think the interior space for the driver is a little small, though OK. I also test drove S80, and I think S80 has more space for the driver and I felt more comfortable. the back seat leg room is good for me.
Overall review: good. I would recommend it. I did drive the C300 Sports 4Matic as a loaner car recently and I think it is the C300 handling is better. If I have more money, I would purchase C300. but I did not mean S60 is a bad car, it handles well, just not as good as a C300. It does have a Sports mode which provides more torque from its turbo engine. The seat, as other reviewers said, it is quite comfortable, it is probably the most comfortable seat, not just for cars, I have ever sit in. not much road noise.
European Car at it's best. by Phil on 05/14/2013. Trim: 2013 Volvo S60 T5 Premier AWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It meets all of our needs and requirements. We believe the car itself meets and exceeds all vehicles in it's class to include price. Although we were fearful that Geely might cheap out the vehicle, our fears have been unfounded. We receive many complements concerning the beauty of the car. And, indeed it's beautiful.
Cons: We do not understand why the rain channels on the roof were left open. It lacks the finished look. Oh, almost forgot, the lack of a spare tire is totally surprising considering it's a Volvo. Volvo is all about safety and the lack of a spare and a place to store it is very odd and un-volvo.
Overall review: We buy cars for the long haul and have owned several volvos The 2013 S60 should be and hopefully will be with us of a long time. The 5 cylinder is a great engine and it would be a shame to eliminate it. Make it a option should you go to all 4 cyclinder engines.