2013 Subaru Outback

Does it all well! by Bikermike on 02/09/2013. Trim: 2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This vehicle is a great value, Consumer Reports scored it slightly less than the Audi Allroad which is 10K more. I traded an Infiniti G35X in on this and I love it. The build quality is top notch, interior room for people, dogs and bikes is perfect. I have driven 5K of mixed suburban driving and average 27 mpg. We finally got some snow here in the Chicago area and it performed better than my G35X and my A6 Quattro (both AWD). I love it. If and when they come out with the diesel (available in Europe) I will give this one to my wife and buy it.
Cons: Not the fastest car I've driven but adequate.
Overall review: This vehicle is the best value I have owned and that includes Hondas, Cadillacs, Audis, Acuras and Infinitis. This is the Swiss Army knife of vehicles!
Test Driver
If you care more about the destination than the journey... by Anonymous on 08/24/2013. Trim: 2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i.
Pros: Cargo space. Design. Fit & Finish.
Cons: CVT. Steering Feel. Engine NVH.
Overall review: If you are not in a hurry, and want a solid wagon with AWD, a decent cargo area, and nice build quality... This is the vehicle for you. However, if you even remotely care about driving feel, look elsewhere. Acceleration is dog slow and noisy. The CVT causes the engine to drone on ceaselessly. And the steering is artificially heavy, with ZERO feedback.
Classic upscale sportiness! by LARita on 08/02/2013. Trim: 2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This vehicle suits the active lifestyle I am pursuing - Kayak, SUP, Hiking, Dogs, and camping. It's luxurious yet outdoorsy - just like ME! I have the smaller engine, but you can't tell because it just picks up and goes in an impressive manner! Mileage is great. Legroom - front AND rear - is IMPRESSIVE!
Cons: I do not like where the seat warmer buttons are located; I start these things with my purse, wallet when I get in to the car. I also don't like the placement of the emergency flasher button; I start the flashers inadvertently while putting the car into park! Wish I had the automatic tailgate sometimes; like the Forester. But when I have my SUP board on the rack - I am glad I don't because I don't want to scratch my Venetian Red paint on the tailgate.
Overall review: This car is an all around winner. Luxury when you need it, with the outdoor fun when you want it. She is a beautiful car, with many admirers - I am really enjoying having a look good; go anywhere; haul anything vehicle!
The SUV of crossovers by Witchdoctor on 05/07/2013. Trim: 2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is my second Outback, first was a 2010 3.6 R limited which has been truly an excellent car, plus 50000 miles and not a problem of any kind over the time we have had it. It went to my son who is in college, and I got the new 2.5i PZEV limited. I was a bit concerned about the smaller engine, but I was assured by the service manager where I got my first Outback that this new engive and new CVT were significant improvements over the older model and that I would love it. He was right. The new changes are great, especially the rear view camera, improved suspension, and better mpg's. Have 2300 miles on it and have gotten 28.7 mpg overall. I love this car and would recommend it to anyone.
Cons: No doubt that the 2.5i PVEV is louder and a bit slower than the 3.6R, but it only takes a few hundred miles to get use to the difference. The gain in mph compensates for that small deficiency. Never have been much of a fan of the fake wood trim. Liked the old dark trim much better than the new redish mate finish. Folding mirrors should be electric. Passenger seat should be 10 way like the drivers seat.
Overall review: It is a great car, can haul a ton, and easily fits 4 adults. The mid cycle changes are great. Love the new electroluminescent instrument cluster and having the temperature gauge. Miss the compass in the rear view mirrow, but the rear view camera in the radio is a great trade off. Had it in deep snow and it was ever bit as good as the older 3.6 R. New design of the front end with the large fog lamps is also a nice improvement. If you want an Audi Allroad at 10000 less and a significant lower cost of maintenance, this is the car. You and your pocket book will love it.
Perfect combination of utility, handling, interior space and MPG by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/31/2013. Trim: 2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: interior passenger space and cargo room styling fit and finish accessories well designed for what the owner needs everything designed well and useful MPG surprisingly good for it's size
Cons: love everything about it -would wish Subaru would offer a few exciting color options, though.
Overall review: After months of test-driving and researching - we bought the Outback and could not be happier. The Outback rides nice, handles like a car in traffic, but has ground clearance and interior space of a crossover or SUV. Quick acceleration, esp. for a 4-cyl. of this weight. On my first tank of gas commuting I got over 30 MPG and that will only get better. little details speak well of its design, and I love the accessories and features that are very useful. My favorite car I've ever owned.