2013 Hyundai Veloster

Definitly draws attention by Wally from NJ on 08/07/2012. Trim: 2013 Hyundai Veloster Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Style
Cons: None yet
Overall review: Unique styling that wasn't intended to be a family sedan or sports car
"The cure for the common MPG Maker" by Roland from Arizona on 10/23/2012. Trim: 2013 Hyundai Veloster Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is the first new car I have bought in about 7 years, I absolutely love the style, this car looks like a sports car, the seats are very comfortable and the car is very easy to manuver in traffic and tight spots. Great style and tech package, I would suggest getting it loaded up, you can totally afford it compared to many other brands. The hatch back is great, enough room to carry things and still hold 4 passengers when you need the room. Mileage is great, since i'm not using the AC now I get about 36 MPG combined, highway I have gotten 42 mpg already and even with the AC the mileage combined is pretty decent for the AZ heat.
Cons: The acceleration isn't that of a sports car but I didn't buy it for that, I bought it for the style, looks, versatility, and also the MPG. It does take a little getting used to the blind spots but if your careful it's not a problem.
Overall review: I would totally suggest this car to anyone that wants to have a stylish yet functional and practical car, this hits all the angles for me and I will be driving this car for a long time. This has made me a sold Hyundai customer, i'm sure my next car will be another Hyundai. My roommate drives a 2011 BMW 328i and I have as many if not more options than he has on his car only I don't have to pump premium into my tank, take a chance on this and you won't be sorry. Regarding all the complaints on power, if you want a sports car buy one, the power in this car is just fine.
Eat your heart out! by Helen from Auburn, GA on 12/28/2012. Trim: 2013 Hyundai Veloster Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I own a bright yellow Hyundai Veloster and absolutely LOVE the car! I am a 74 yr. old who for the first time was able to buy exactly what I wanted and I am not disappointed. Like a ray of sunshine, It always brings a smile to everyone's face. I am getting about 39 mpg,with more than adequate power. Warranty and options that were included plus the looks sold me before I saw one. Hatchback/trunk is roomy-- love the feeling of open views all the glass gives. Floor mats are anchored-- don't slide forward Instrument panel is compact and easy to reach. Satellite radio is fantastic, as well as dashboard screen, AND rear window wiper. The finish never needs waxing; doesn't show dirt.
Cons: I miss a coat hanger hook on the passenger side in rear and would like a longer seat belt attachment--you can hardly find it down between the seat and armrest.
Overall review: If you want a car that turns heads, lots of compliment and questions/comments, as well as one that makes you feel good driving it, THIS IS IT! You're going to save money on gas and enjoy driving again. You will be patting yourself on the back for having such good taste and smarts! This car will be the new attraction in your church parking lot and everywhere else. You will not regret your choice and my dealer treats me like royalty. PLUS Hyundai funds a charity that helps American kids with cancer!
Great Value with Great Qaulity by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/28/2012. Trim: 2013 Hyundai Veloster Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Have a 2013 base model with all options, GREAT gas mileage $ 44.00 to fill up, Averaging 32 mpg city and highway, Best warranty in the business. Good looks and a comfortable ride,Hatch back convenience. It is not super quick and by no means it is not a slug,Super fun to drive. Options that do not push the price too high, Back up camera, Nav, XM, Bluetooth compatible with all phones for your music playlists and hands free use of phone.Very good heater and AC. All for about $ 21,600
Cons: Low profile tires make it easy to curb rash the rims, Blind spots but what car doesnt have some blind spots.
Overall review: Did alot of shopping and checked out all brands Acura, BMW, Toyota, Lexus, VW, Audi, Subaru, Chevy , Ford, . When I asked why I should buy there car instead of a Hyundai just about everyone of them said Hyundai sold a good warranty. Instead of giving any compliments and proving why there cars were better and worth spending much more for there product and why you MUST use premium fuel to get good mileage or risk engine damage. I found it hilarious that almost all they could do was rag on the great warranty Hyundai sold and that just proved they are absolutely threatened by Hyundai and Kia products. I can afford any brand car researched them all and If you do not have to have your status measured by the brand of car you drive you will not regret buying this car or any other Hyundai product.
Bold Blue Veloster by Mark from Richmond on 10/28/2012. Trim: 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great assortment of standard options. Large screen for the navigation system/radio, which is a big advantage when driving & concentrating on the road. Placement of the USB ports & other outlets is perfect, easy to reach. Sun roof is perfect in size & operates flawlessly. Seats are very comfortable (I drive 75 miles a day) with plenty of leg room in the front, rear is a little tight (but that is expected with this style of car). The instrument panel is very easy to read, well organized. Styling is unique, eye catching and stands out from the ordinary. Great handling & power when you need it (turbo version). Everything about the veloster makes it fun to drive. Problem free so far..
Cons: I really do not dislike anything about my Veloster. The only real disappointment is that I have been averaging about 31mpg (90% of my driving is highway). I did find in the last week that reducing my speed from the posted 70mph to 65mph, the fuel economy has jumped to 35/36mpg. I believe that engine in the veloster is set up for the 55mph to 65mph range. The only complaint is getting the add-on options after purchase. My turbo did not come with the mud guards and so far (2 months), they are not available from Hyundai.
Overall review: This is a comfortable fun car to drive. I actually purchase the veloster turbo from a dealer 135 miles from where I live (local dealers just stocked automatic in black or silver). Glad I waited for the turbo w/manual transmission. Extremely happy with the marathon blue color & get many many compliments about the styling & color. I test drove both the base model & turbo. I recommend getting the turbo version because of the power issue of pulling into traffic. I think everyone will enjoy the feel the turbo gives the veloster. I have owned the veloster 2 months and have yet to find any problems. I haven't even had it into the dealer for adjustments. The quality of the workmanship is outstanding. The car is well built & when you close the doors, you hear a solid thud. Like many of the other reviews have said, the appearance is unique, eye catching and bold. Just love driving it everywhere. Kind of feel sorry for my Toyota Celica that just sits in the driveway most of the time.