2013 Chevrolet Sonic

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Prices
2013 Chevrolet Sonic Fuel Economy
Sonic Boom by North Star on 10/30/2012. Trim: 2013 Chevrolet Sonic LTZ Auto Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The car is very well built and has been trouble free. It is a fun car to drive and is quite peppy with the 1.4L turbo engine. The fuel economy is in the mid 30's. We love the unique styling of the car and appreciate its smart use of space. We considered many other compact cars and each time the Sonic came back as the best value for our money.
Cons: Nothing really but if I had to be picky I suggest adding four wheel disc brakes on the LTZ model.
Overall review: No regrets on buying this car as its combination of styling, fuel economy, features and "fun to drive" factor is hard to beat. The build quality of Chevrolet cars is world class competitive.
Ultimate Sub Compact- Period! by THKPIC on 02/02/2013. Trim: 2013 Chevrolet Sonic LT Manual Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: My sonic feels solid on the road for such a small car. The interior volume is just as good as many midsize sedans I've owned. Distictive look and class leading fuel economy. Good passing torque with the 1.4 turbo. Excellent visability in the front for such a small car. The trunk is simply amazing. I mean I have more room in my trunk than my previous full size sedan. I can't imagine how you wouldn't be able to use this car for a family of four unless you where of a larger stature. It's appealing to look at. Yes it's inexpensive but what they did in this price range is simply outstanding IMO. It's quite and I feel comfortable on long trips. Easy to use with little body roll. Great heat too.
Cons: I don't think the word dislike is necessarily a bad thing. You can create a "wish list" for any car as far as improvements you'd like to see. I think they should include a middle armrest. Not because it is necessary but because it would make them class leading with this feature alone. There is one for the driver but it is high and a bit awkward. Don't get me wrong, it works but I think GM is buying the strategy of the competition. Offer it in the next model up to give incentive to the buyers to move up the line. I also wish the plastic around the stereo felt smoother. You might say that is an odd request but touch it and you'll know what I mean. It's the only piece I wish was higher quality
Overall review: I am about to hit 10k in about another month now. I have owned this car for 6 months and all I can say is amazing. Before this I owned a muscle car and before that a volvo S70. The fuel economy is exactly as stated- I average 36.7 and I have done more when all highway. The storage is a full class up as this car really is a compact: 300lbs more than the fit might I add. The brakes are decent and I really like the interior design. You can have the richest materials in the interior but if its boring it doesn't matter. This design fits the overall language on both the outside and inside and I don't get bored of it. Shifts are good and the ride is very stable even above 80mph which it does without a problem. This car might be the ultimate example of what you REALLY need in a car. I wish the seats where like my volvo, but there just as comfortable as cars that I've had costing twice as much....which says a lot. No problems either...not one. Very very very very happy with this car.
Super "Sonic" Transportation by dbmomof3 in San Diego on 01/06/2013. Trim: 2013 Chevrolet Sonic LT Auto Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I just love my new Sonic. I walked into the Chevy dealership to buy a used 2010 Malibu having spent weeks researching cars but once I saw the Sonic & took it for a drive, I was hooked. From the shimmering crystal red color to the 1.4L turbo engine, the Sirius satellite radio, mobile Bluetooth, USB port, OnStar turn-by-turn navigation & crash response (although with 10 airbags I wasn't too concerned about crashing) I loved this car. And that car can boogie. I was on the freeway & looked at the very large odometer numbers (which was a plus for this Baby Boomer) & I was doing 95 mph uphill. Despite its size, there is plenty of legroom, headroom & a large trunk. And the mileage is fantastic.
Cons: There is nothing about this vehicle I really "dislike". But as someone else stated earlier, it is difficult to see out the rear window when you are backing out of a garage or parking spot and that is because the backs of the front seats are too high and you can't see over them so you have to look around them & that's a little awkward. But it's really not that big a distraction.
Overall review: This is an excellent car at an affordable price with a lot of the bells & whistles that usually only come with luxury cars. It has style, comfort, practicality, safety, economy and state of the art technology. I love having the controls for the radio stations, the sound volume for the stereo, cruise controls and being able to use the mobile phone without taking my hands off the steering wheel. Can't get much better than that in my book. When I was a little girl I always wanted to "see the USA in my Chevrolet" and now I can. Thanks Chevrolet!
My Sonic by Scootie-Doo Driver on 01/31/2013. Trim: 2013 Chevrolet Sonic, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It is a comfortable vehicle. For a small car it has a lot of leg room and storage area.
Cons: There is only one thing that I have found fault with, and that is the heat/defrost system. During cold weather, if I run the defrost for the windshield everything is fine. If I change to heat, the windows all fog up. To heat the car, and be able to see out the windows, I have to run the front defrost at all times.
Overall review: Overall, I love the car.
Great, fun to drive with all the goodies of a more expensive car! by Alan, Shawnee Ok on 01/06/2013. Trim: 2013 Chevrolet Sonic LT Auto Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love my Sonic LT sedan. XM radio, bluetooth, everything a much more expensive car would have and I still get 34-36 MPG on the highway. Great handling, great acceleration, fun to drive.
Cons: Cup holders could be in a better position, you almost have to reach back if you have a drink in the cupholder.
Overall review: Great little car with fantastic gas mileage