2013 Hyundai Equus

2013 Hyundai Equus Prices
2013 Hyundai Equus Fuel Economy
BMW and Lexus Killer by TCABigDaddy from Houston on 08/29/2012. Trim: 2013 Hyundai Equus Signature, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Tremendous value with super styling that turns heads. The electronics are without equal. The 7 Series comparably equipped was $40k more. The comparable LS was $27k more. I have owned two Lexus LS's with Levinson stereo systems. No comparison. The Lexicon system is the finest, audiophile quality stereo I have heard in a car. The engine is very powerful, though a little slow off the start. But the power curve makes acceleration at speed very impressive. The "Equus Experience" of picking up your car and delivering a Genesis to you is nice, but I like taking the car in and talking to the service writer. The automatic high end loaner is better than Lexus however. Super car, super value.
Cons: The 8 speed transmission with direct injection in the Tau 5.0 liter takes a little getting used to. The car downshifts easily with the slightest acceleration and the direct injection causes a noticeable roar given the virtual silence in the cabin. Still, the gas mileage is excellent given the size of the car. i had a problem with the steering -- pump and steering rack had to be replaced. Hyundai air freighted the parts. Would like to have the power trunk open/close-- same with the TV in the back. You can't get those options from the Ultimate on the Signature without going to a 4 seater. Finally, while the massage function on the driver seat is nice, the controls are very confusing.
Overall review: While the steering issue took some time to resolve, Hyundai was relentless in its determination to fix it to my satisfaction and make me happy. I appreciated that. The Equus sells itself. People come up to it, look it over and are astonished. They are even more astonished by what it costs. It is a luxury car killer. There is no way to justify the costs of the luxury brands when this car is available at this price point. The included service and the guaranteed resale make this a no risk investment. Finally, it's fun to drive a car NO ONE else drives. They are only selling about 25 a month in Houston (according to a salesman I spoke to in a dealership). In Houston, that means only 300 a year. In four months I have yet to see another one on the road. I hear constantly "what kind of car is that?" Great fun.
You have to drive one to appreciate the quality. by Don Smith from Baton Rouge, La on 01/13/2013. Trim: 2013 Hyundai Equus Signature, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Everthing. I went to buy a Luxus 460LS however, after looking at the 2012 Equss and doing some research I purchased my vehicle in November 2011. I knew that I had made the right dicision. It makes road triips a pleasure plus the excellent gas mileage 23 on the road.. Plus my hynudai service department is excellent. Great buy.
Cons: Nothing!!
Overall review: Save yourself $10000.00 to $20000.00 buy this car and get more features for less.
Dollar for Dollar - Great Car! by JOhn on 05/14/2013. Trim: 2013 Hyundai Equus Ultimate, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great looking vehicle. The only luxury car I could get into without hitting my head. Also roomy inside for a big guy like me. I got the ultimate. So worth it! Have been looking for a long time for a replacement for my Lincoln Town Car.
Cons: Would like additional "blind side" sensor.
Overall review: I think best car in this category for the price.
Enthusiast
simply the best by george on 03/28/2013. Trim: 2013 Hyundai Equus Ultimate.
Pros: everything
Overall review: best car I have ever owned which includes two lexus
Equus, after a year. by Brian from Orlando on 03/26/2013. Trim: 2013 Hyundai Equus Signature, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Love the car. There is no better value in a luxury sedan at this price. The Equus is loaded with features that rival that of cars at $100K. The audio quality is unsurpassed compared to other OEM systems.
Cons: Steering is absolutely poor. The car drifts dramatically. The front seats have no side supports. The entertainment center is clumsy and buggy.
Overall review: I wouldn't buy it again based on the steering alone. Overall, it is an outstanding car. I feel the steering is unsafe as the car drifts with the slight cant of the roads.