2013 Volkswagen GTI

Good all-around combination of sporty handling, luxury, and economy by Steve H, Islamorada FL on 03/16/2013. Trim: 2013 Volkswagen GTI 2-door Autobahn, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I have the autobahn edition, which comes with 19" wheels. I love the acceleration and it corners like it's on rails. I commute 50 miles each way on a stretch of mainly 2 lane, speed limit goes between 45 to 55 and not a lot of stoplights. So most of my miles are highway but at relatively low speeds. I'm very happy to report that I'm getting 34 mpg! Also, the Xenon headlights are awesome. (I'm not so sure the oncoming traffic feels the same way.)
Cons: Lack of storage space in the front seats. The center console has about enough room for a pack of cigarettes. The Nav system is decent, but not great. Same for the "premium" Dynaudio sound system. Yeah, it can play loud, and you can get a lot of clean bass if that's your thing. But it's not as refined as a good Bose or JBL system that has been tuned for a specific car.
Overall review: I've had quicker, better handling cars (Porsche 911), more luxurious cars (Acura Legend), and more economical cars (VW Beetle), but this is a very good blend of the best features of each. I have a fairly long commute and need something reliable and economical, but didn't want to sacrifice handling or luxury to get there. I think I've found exactly what I was looking for. I would buy it again.
The One and Only Hatchback by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/15/2013. Trim: 2013 Volkswagen GTI 4-door Autobahn, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Performance,looks, quiet and comfortable interior, practicality, and excellent MPG (34 Mpg average)
Cons: Sound system
Overall review: I own the 4-door Autobahn. I have owned other VWs in the past, but in 2013 VW has greatly improved the quality of the GTI inside and out. The car is a joy to drive at any speed, and with an average MPG of 34 MPG, I am a very happy owner. In general, I love the car's design and its practicality.
Artful and serene performance. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/19/2013. Trim: 2013 Volkswagen GTI 4-Door Wolfsburg Edition, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: When I'm approaching this car, the smiles and eagerness to drive begin. When I get behind the perfectly contoured leather-wrapped wheel, sit in the tightly comfortable, bolstered seat and take in the Zen-like serenity and quality of this car's interior, the prideful satisfaction continues. When I'm rowing the 6-speed's gears, accelerating, cornering . . . well, I guessed I've moved from owner to enthusiast in a hurry.
Cons: At about 1,000 miles, I'm beginning to notice the occasional, fleeting, but unwelcome, tiny rattles in the pilars and, less often, in the general vicinity of the right side of the dash. As I'm loving everything else with this car -- so far -- I'm praying that these shy little noisemakers don't get any worse.
Overall review: Volkswagen continues to create practical and inspiring GTI hatch that fits like a glove and handles like an obedient puma . . . in one artful, elegant, and wonderfully understated package. Love the Laguna wheels available in 2013.
Great Car so Far by Big Al from Los Angeles on 02/20/2013. Trim: 2013 Volkswagen GTI 4-door Autobahn, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Fun to drive, great sound system in the Autobahn edition, very comfortable seats that hold you in place, cool headlights (HID) and daytime running lights (LED), great visibility from the driver's seat.
Cons: The navigation/stereo interface is kind of dated. It has Sirius music, but you can't add Sirius traffic to the nav system. And the screen is small. I wish my top of the line Autobahn had automatic climate control.
Overall review: It's a super fun car to drive: sporty & quick, but easy to get along with day-to-day. It's like getting an Audi for 30% off! I almost look forward to driving to work every morning!
Gti = Awesome value by Dinosaurdude on 02/15/2013. Trim: 2013 Volkswagen GTI 2-door w/Convenience & Sunroof, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Performance, interior quality fit & finish, 2.0 turbo engine, easy to drive very fast. Best seats you can get in a car for less than $35,000.
Cons: Occasionally the bluetooth does not engage, the only issue that I've had in 50,000 miles.
Overall review: I bought a 2010 Gti with 13,000 mi. and now have over 60,000. It is a great car for someone who wants a smaller, practical hatchback that performs very well, gets 32mpg on the highway, and has an interior that embarrasses many $35-45,000 cars. It has been very reliable. Just replacing the original brakes now.