2013 Scion FR-S

2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next
The sports car that only "looks" expensive! High quality for a low price. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/25/2012. Trim: 2013 Scion FR-S 6MT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Small , very small mark uo so you get more car for the money. Very affordable sportscar the looks more expensithan it is, PERFECT for this economy!
Cons: Interior space is small but that is expected and acceptable in a sports coupe!
Overall review: Love this car!! Exceptional job Scion!!
A geat example of a purist's sports car by 11B2V from Puyallup on 09/09/2012. Trim: 2013 Scion FR-S 6MT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This car will turn heads wherever you go. From the kids on the block to enthusiasts on the road, anyone who knows cars will want a second look and will probably want to talk to you about it. Not only is it a blast to drive, but with over 4K miles on mine I'm averaging almost 32 MPG, and trust me, I don't drive it like I'm trying to maximize my gas mileage. The interior is comfortable, the gauges, pedals and shifter are well laid out and the trunk has a surprising amount of room. The engine pulls strong (especially in the upper RPMs), the shifts are smooth and precise, and Dear Lord does this car love to corner.
Cons: Okay, so the back seat looks like it was designed for double amputees (i.e., no leg room). If you want back seat leg room, buy a SUV. This is a sports car. It was designed for a driver (and one lucky passenger, if the driver so chooses) to really enjoy the pleasure of driving. This car is also not is a drag racer. If you buy this thinking you're going to smoke STIs and Evos off the line, forget about it. Buy a V8 Camaro or Hemi Challenger instead (for half again the price).
Overall review: Do not listen to the reviewers that have called this "a good first car" or "a good car for a teenager". These people have no idea what they are talking about. One of these reviewers wrote "One must be not understand can get a REAL sports car for right under 30k (Nissan 370Z) to buy the FR-S". Would you really take the advice of someone who can't construct a legible sentence? If you buy this car for your child, especially if it's a boy (my son is 17), expect that they will not live to see 20. This car was built to be driven, and as such it belongs in the hands of an experienced driver. For a generation raised on "Fast and Furious" movies, this car will give them everything they need to wrap themselves around a tree. For those of us who are not preoccupied with displaying our "awesome drifting skills" to anyone who will watch, this is a wonderful driving car that makes me smile every time I get behind the wheel.
Enthusiast
2013 Scion FR-S by Stratrat from Ky. on 07/21/2012. Trim: 2013 Scion FR-S 6AT.
Pros: I bought this car for my 65th birthday. I chose the 6AT for the better gas mileage and stop/go heavy traffic conditions. I have driven the BRZ 6MT but preferred the Scion overall.I won't miss all of the electronic "infotainment " systems that are offered in other makes/models of vehicles.I enjoy driving and want no distractions to interfere with that. Yes,this vehicle has certain disadvantages but the +'s far outweigh them. I purchased the Firestorm w/6AT and couldn't be happier!
Cons: This is not utilitarian at all and isn't intended to be. As long as I can haul my axe/amp and a weekender I'm set!
Overall review: Very good car for the dollars spent and I have no second thoughts or qualms about my purchase decision. People who criticize this car really need to get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Review ID: #562065 Is this review offensive?
need to see to believe! by BethAnn on 06/23/2012. Trim: 2013 Scion FR-S 6AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Amazing muscle combined with excellent gas mileage & the "looks" that turns heads! It has no problem handling itself with an air of authority that belie its size and price.
Cons: limited interior room for "stuff" and the back seat is sooooo tiny
Overall review: This is the most fun I have had behind the wheel in a decade! Not a family vehicle, but a fun ride each and every time. When you add in the great gas mileage it muliplies the benefits of ownership.
Fun to Drive by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/21/2012. Trim: 2013 Scion FR-S 6MT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Balance and Driving experience, styling, 32 MPG for 6 speed, trunk space is suprisingly spacious for small car
Cons: Floor mats are on the cheap side, trunk is loud when it is shut
Overall review: Good acceleration, but it is mostly a beautiful car that can be pushed to its and your driving limits!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next