2013 Chevrolet Equinox

Great small luxury SUV by Mike B. on 07/03/2012. Trim: 2013 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Just bought a 2012 Eq LTZ. Great car. Comfortable & roomy. Back seat access and leg room are very good. Std 4-cyl mill is adequate; provides all the power I need. Econ button does make earlier shifting, but no prob entering freeways. Am getting 22.6 city right now, no hwy as yet. A/C strong, even here in TX. Quiet and smooth. I looked at and drove all the competitors; all were good but Eq was great. Lots of luxury features and touches; memory seat/mirrors, power lift, premium sound. Controls are easy and intuitive. Center console is not overpoweringly huge. Perf leather seats make for a cool ride.
Cons: With all the luxury features GM put in this car, they left off an installed remote like Home Link and rain-sensing windshield. Could use power pass seat. The LTZ is a small SUV luxury car and it should come std w/all the goodies, just like the Lexus. (my wife has one.)
Overall review: Really glad I bought it. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I can't believe it's a $30K Chevy!
Test Driver
Very Impressive by Mom to 3karatekids in CT on 11/27/2012. Trim: 2013 Chevrolet Equinox 2LT AWD.
Pros: I test drove this vehicle as I will be buying one soon. I have driven a manual transmisson for the last 17 yrs and really hate to give that up. But I have three sons and live in CT and have a 35 minute commute to work and then back also. So I need space and AWD. I like the looks of the equinox over any other crossover, I stand by Chevy as we've had a Tahoe for 10 yrs and had minimal repairs (mainly maintenance). If you are an iphone owner you will LOVE the mylink system they have. I did not prefer cloth as it was in the one I drove, so I would be getting leather seats, I am spoiled I guess and prefer leather. Lots of room for storage and I was impressed with the acceleration.
Cons: Can't really think of any, if I had to say anything it would be the cloth seats. Just not a fan. The vehicle is so nice inside and I think the cloth dumbs it down. I had an Acura MDX at one point and I am currently driving a Volvo v50 turbo awd manual trans.
Overall review: Overall I was very impresssed. It's clean looking, quiet, drives smooth, and most of all the acceleration was impressive. Drive a Volvo turbo currently I was very concerned this would feel like I was drivng a slug. It did not. I had the car for an entire day, so I had highway and city use. It passed cars nicely on the highway, I didn't feel like I was driving a giant heavy SUV that couldn't get out of it's own way. I cannot speak for it's performance in the snow, but I do have a relative who has a 2010 model and she's 75 yrs old and drives perfectly fine in the snow, and that says a lot (she's on the paranoid side when it comes to inclement weather). Personally I stand behind the Chevy brand, we still own our 10 yr old Tahoe that runs fine and my husband bought a Chevy Cruze Eco last year (wow talk about gas mileage!)
Not what I expected...disappointed. by Jerry S. on 10/01/2012. Trim: 2013 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I initially loved the look and how the vehicle drives but...
Cons: The fit and finish in this vehicle are TERRIBLE! After less than a year of owning this car it has been in the dealership for eight interior rattles/noise problems. Not what I expected from Chevy. I am very disappointed with the lack of quality in manufacturing of this car.
Overall review: Powertrain and engine are good. Fit and finish is horrible, too many rattles and noises from the interior. I regret spending my money on this car. Great on paper, lacks quality on the actual build.
The best SUV compared to all in it's segment. by Randy, Glendale, California on 02/21/2013. Trim: 2013 Chevrolet Equinox 2LT 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The $1,500 301 HP V-6 engine option "makes" this car. My first freeway trip got 26 MPG. Outstanding. I got a LT with leather seats and seat heaters option. At $32K list, it's fully equipped where the same engine/same equipment Traverse would be almost $39,000. The power is great, it's quiet, rides beautiful, handles securely, and the seats are incredibly comfortable and supportive. I would NOT recommend the base 4-cylinder engine. The 301 horsepower V-6 barely has to work to move the vehicle, and uses little gas. The 4-cylinder is working itself to death. Vehicle is heavy (almost 4,000 lbs.) and needs the V-6. Great Pioneer stereo w/subwoofer.
Cons: Needs rear fold-down armrest cupholders re-engineering. Front cupholders are fabulous. Needs heated rear seats option. That's about all, it's near perfect.
Overall review: This is simply the best compact-to-mid-size SUV on the market, when equipped with the 301 HP direct-injection V-6 engine. All facets of driving this vehicle are excellent. It makes a fabulous price-point. Mine MSRP @ $32K. Paid $29K. (plus tax and license) for a "2LT w/V-6, leather, heated seats, etc. It has a actual USABLE temporary spare! Some vehicles don't even have spare tires anymore. Mine has rear-vision camera, power up/down rear tailgate and impressive projector healights - they are bright and shine very far. The LT/LTZ package "foglights" are the real-deal and work impressively.
Who knew a Chevy would be this nice? by Paul in Virginia on 12/14/2012. Trim: 2013 Chevrolet Equinox 2LT AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: 301hp Direct injection V-6 for the price of a competitors' largest 4 cylinder. Very roomy cabin with a natural/comfortable driving position and supportive seats, outstanding rear leg room from the sliding and reclining back seat, sold build quality. Electronics are logical and intuitive. It took about 20 minutes to fully configure and learn the touch screen and vehicle settings with no need to refer to the owner's manual. The interior design is very classy for a Chevy. Many thoughtful design touches and conveniences, like 36 radio presets, multiple power ports, cavernous center console storage, ability to run power cords from the power port inside the console. OnStar is great.
Cons: GM touts triple sealed doors and laminated glass to mute wind and engine noise, but their noise control efforts apparently stopped at the undercarriage because the Equinox has significant road and tire noise at highway speeds. Lack of cabin air filter means dust, pollen, and debris can be blown into the cabin. Not exactly nimble or sporty. Wide turning radius. Get the Safety Package because the parking aids are needed with the Equinox's limited rear visibility and large size.
Overall review: I never expected a Chevy to be this nice. I bought it as an extra vehicle to keep miles off my BMWs, but I actually like this vehicle. You won't be disappointed if you remember that this is a Chevy and not a Lexus. For about 30k out the door with leather/V6/AWD, this vehicle is solid, comfortable, roomy, well designed, and even "classy" on the interior. I cross-shopped the Equinox in detail with the 2013 Escape, which handles better and has a more modern exterior. But the Ford lost points in every other category: narrow seats and uncomfortable driving position, overly complicated chaotic interior ergonomics, flat uncomfortable back seat, and a steady series of recalls and problems with electronics. The Chevy rides more like a luxury vehicle, is significantly more comfortable, roomier in front and back, and has a logical dash layout with intuitive controls. My only regret is that I didn't consider the GMC Terrain Denali.