1998 Jaguar XJ Sedan

1998 Jaguar XJ Sedan Prices
1998 Jaguar XJ Sedan Fuel Economy
Jaguar XJ8 = Car Heaven by A Lucky Retired U.S. Marine on 06/07/2013. Trim: 1998 Jaguar XJ8, Owned 5 years.
Pros: My pristine XJ8 in British Racing Green with cashmere leather and enough walnut to build a small boat, is drop dead gorgeous, quiet, refined and handles like a dream! Fast, smooth, luxurious and regal, it makes the German and Japanese competitors, past and present, seem generic. The materials and workmanship are stunning and it has been a perfectly reliable and spectacular daily driver. I have owned them all and the feeling of satisfaction and pleasure that my big cat provides is unequalled. You have to own one to get it. Whether you are thinking about it, looking at it or driving it, you will feel like royalty. I really love it and will never drive anything else!
Cons: What's not to love about this car that is a combination of a beauty queen and super athlete?
Overall review: Please read my comments above...maybe two or three times and then start trying to think of a reason for not having your own Jag.
Mine, all mine. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/23/2012. Trim: 1998 Jaguar XJ Sedan, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I love my 1989 Jag. What is not to love about it.. It is the one that is extra long. The most comfortable car on the road. Handling is exquisite; responsive ;precise; when you need pick up it takes off like lightening. It is also just a beautiful work of art. So many cars, including luxury cars are just so generic, that they could be anything, But this Jaguar looks as a great car should: uniquely beautiful. Oh, and by the way, the trunk is huge. You can take it anywhere, and with three more people in great comfort.
Cons: Who cares about the cup holder when you are driving a work of art.. I dread the day when I may have to get another car. Even the new Jaguars look puny next to mine. And the other so called luxury cars are so boring. Change just for the sake of change is not an improvement.
Overall review: .A successful great car and a work of art.
Love It! by Dave L. Fort Lauderdale, FL on 08/31/2005. Trim: 1998 Jaguar XJ8 L, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Styling-you KNOW its a luxury car. performance-goes likes its supposed to and fast for a 4000 lb car comfort- no other car can compare to this cars leather and wood
Cons: intermittent problems or rather warning sensors that have a mind of their own. Lack of good mechanics that aren't afraid of these cars along with parts suppliers. Too few for a car that is literally sold worldwide and mass produced.
Overall review: From the styling to the performance and comfort, this car surpasses BMW, Mercedes and many other luxury cars-most of which I have owned or leased at some point. This is my 4th Jaguar. Sure they have their quirks but I never get tired of driving it. Just be proactive in maintenance such as the cooling system and get a good mechanic you can trust. One more thing, learn WHERE to buy parts, it can save you trememdous amounts of money if you shop online for them and have your mechanic install them.
"I'M LOVING MY LEAPER part II..." by THE IKON yo-nupe on 08/23/2005. Trim: 1998 Jaguar XJ8 L, Owned 3 years.
Pros: This is an update on a review I gave over 2 years ago. Going into my fourth year of ownership the XJ8L has been great! I've updated 2 years ago to the Fondmetal 9X 18" wheels(discount tire site ), VDP wooden steering wheel, XJR style grill and exhaust. The longer wheelbase XJ always look better IMO and the luxo sporty updates accent the car without looking garish. I also added an air intake system for increases mpg and hp. I get just as much or more positive comments than the current body XJ8. Phi Nu Pi, Eta Up
Cons: Parts and sevice are still tooooooooooooo high. I have to replace the compressor and the dealer wants $1400 parts and service. Ouch! Struts/shocks are needed now and that part is tooooo high as well $1000! Other than this the car has been exceptional.
Overall review: Super car! 7 years old and the car is in mint condition! I have 100k miles on her and she is poised to go another 100K. For the money on the used market you can not go wrong(ebay or traderonline). Just purchase one with the select edition warranty already with the car or some replicable warranty company to insure your purchase. I will purchase a 2004 XJ8 next year for my wife and keep my 98 XJ8L!
Patrick Kenny by Patrick Kenny on 02/01/2005. Trim: 1998 Jaguar XJ8 L, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Its beautiful to look at. Great ride
Cons: Cheap... head board falls apart and buttons don't work.
Overall review: it's a great car, but for your money I'd get something else like a Cadillac!