2013 Chevrolet Suburban

My third full size SUV. Incredible. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/10/2012. Trim: 2013 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: SPACE!! Lots of space and an incredibly quiet, smooth ride, especially on the highway. I get 16-17 MPG around town and usually 22 MPG on the freeway, with one tank getting 23. The audio system is superb as is the HVAC system. The transmission is extremely smooth and quiet as well. The leather buckets (we have buckets in the first and second row, with a split bench third row) are very comfortable for day long rides. I'll keep this one ten or twelve years like I did my '99 Tahoe.
Cons: It's challenging to see out the rear when backing out of a parking spot in a tight lot, but the rear view camera nearly makes up for it. The size make sit difficult to wash and wax which I do six times per year. I'm hard pressed to find much I don't like.
Overall review: Once again GM has given me a superb full size SUV, and of course has demanded a full size price. I love it.
Nothing beats the towing and seating by Colorado Camper on 08/03/2013. Trim: 2013 Chevrolet Suburban LT 2500 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Towing power, interior seating, exterior styling, available options. Most vehicles have the same options but I like the power mirrors because I can leave tow mirrors attached and fit in the garage. Backup camera is nice in general but great for hitching up. Remote start is nice to get the car started from a pretty good distance (inside the store or restaurant) to give the inside a chance to heat up or cool down.
Cons: The plastic under the hitch is going to break for sure. Had the A/C blower go out around 6,000 miles. Had another time the A/C was not cold but that fixed itself. Biggest con is the 1,000lb limit on the hitch. If you have the recommended 13-15% of the towing weight on the hitch you can tow 6,600 to 8,300lbs. Not all options available on the Yukon and 1500 models are available on the 2500. Heated steering wheel, cooled seats, different wheels. Infotainment center is lacking. GM is doing too much to keep you locked into on-star. $25 a month to send directions from the internet to your car (which does not work well).
Overall review: This if for the 2500 which I consider a specialty vehicle. It fits certain needs but is not for every one. If I did not need the towing power and seating I would have picked something different. There is just no other new vehicle available that can do what the Suburban can. That is tow my family with 3 kids, a dog and a 8000+lb trailer down the road and over the mountains. Before buying the vehicle you know it is big, gets poor mileage and has a bit of a rougher ride. Those are not cons to me they are tradeoffs for getting a vehicle that can do what I need. This is not a daily driver.
Best Ever! by Mom from Illinois on 05/14/2013. Trim: 2013 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I bought my first Suburban in 2009. I will never own anything else! It handles like a dream, I can haul almost anything, transport 8 kids and still have 4 ft of space behind the 3rd row. My LT1500 get 18-20 mpg on the highway and about 12 in town. More than I expected. Easy to back up and park with sensors and rear view camera, Boise speakers, heated leather seats, moon roof On-Star with car phone. Can't ask for anything more!
Cons: Can't fit in my garage.
Overall review: 10 out of 10
2013 SUBURBAN by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/05/2013. Trim: 2013 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ 1500 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Plenty of power for a rig of this size. Handles well at all speeds. Quiet and a smooth ride with hardly any outside noise at all. Love the sound system. The exta space behind the third row seats is a godsend compared to my 01 and 08 Tahoes. As a soccer dad I can now take my two girls, thier friends and all thier gear with no probem. I've also towed a forklift (2x) and a dump truck out of the mud and had no problem at all. 4 wheel low seems to pull anything without strain on the vehicle
Cons: My only dislikes for this vehicle so far (7574 miles) are few. The gas milelage is a given, not great. I would rather the whole truck sat higher than it does. Next to a new Explorer I feel like I'm driving a regular car. Low for a truck of this cost is something that should be changed. Even the older models sit higher. Also what about warranty issues? My dealer (Titus Will Olympia,Wa) blew me off when asked about an issue with my interior console.
Overall review: Great truck, Careful of your dealer
Nice Family Car by SoccerMom on 01/27/2013. Trim: 2013 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love this vehicle!!!! I drive the 2013 LT in brown. Its a great car. I love the eight seating, and the 2 dvd players (overhead). it keeps the kids occupied. i love the power lift gate and the way it drives. its dosent seem like a big truck when you drive it.
Cons: its not that easy to get to the thrid row the gas milege is a little dissapointing its hard to fit it properly in a parking space or a garage.
Overall review: I think its a nice vehicle. i wish it could fit in my garage though!!!! and the second row seats could slide so people can get to the thrid row easily. I thought i wanted a minivan like i used to have. Now im never going back!!!