2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid

2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Prices
2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6  Next
You get what you pay for! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/03/2012. Trim: 2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: -Lots of technology -Nice exterior and interior styling, shows Merceddez design influence -Very roomy interior
Cons: -MPG not even close to what is advertised -Electronic components fail, navigation, bluetooth, iPhone connectivity....
Overall review: I bought this car because I have a 70 mile x 2 drive everyday for work and needed the gas mileage. I am extremely disappointed that Hyundai claims 35/40 MPG on this car because in reality I average 30.9 MPG. My drive consists of 95% highway and 5% city. I drive from Orange County to San Diego and there are a few hills and climbs in both directions so I expected the mileage to not be as high as advertised but never this low. If I use hypermiling techniques I can get 37-38 MPG but that means driving 60 MPH, neutral downhill, coasting uphill and in SoCal that will get you killed by other motorists, plus it's just downright dangerous when the flow of trafic is 75-80 MPH. Bluetooth connectivity is a joke, the buttons on the navi go out sometimes. I will be selling this car to anyone that will buy it and buying a camry hybrid or a VW Passat instead. You really do get what you pay for.......
Hyundai Sonata Hybrid will help you change your mind by duaned2 on 12/23/2012. Trim: 2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Very comortable highway ride, solid feel on highway and in town. Maintains and / or exceeds estimated mileage with conservative driving habits. We also own a 2011 Sonata Limited and like the hybrid better for several reasons. The 2012 hybrid is much quieter, has a smoother ride, has numerous Bluelink features like optional android remote start, turn by turn nav and on and on. I wish we had two of these great cars instead of one standard Sonata and one hybrid. We have earned a planet - (find out for yoursef what that means . . . . . ) With some advanced hybrid driving I have achieved 54 mpg for short periods. Awesome for such a comfortable and quiet car.
Cons: Sometimes the transition from electric to gas is not smooth and offers a few jerks and temporary slow excelleration. I have learned to turn off the "blue" option (button on steering wheel) on first morning excellerations until the car is warmed up sufficiently. On the highway the transition is seamless and dramatically improves gas mileage with conservative driving habits. The bluetooth is not as easy to operate as early bluetooth versions. The entertainment features take some practice and memorization skills. Essentially the car uses 3G networks for Bluelink so only as good as your location.
Overall review: I would own two of these for everyday cars. Hyundai did a great job with just a few correctable growing pains. Year end discounts brought this car down to $22,300 for standard equipment which is far from standard. If you are serious about a well built alternative, pardon me but you are crazy for not taking this car for a test spin. All the buzz about incorrect mileage ratings on Hyundai is a mystery to me. We have enjoyed excellent mileage on both the Sonata Limited 2011 and hybrid 2012. Build quality is as good as any moderately priced car and reliability is high compared to competition. We like the money we save on fuel cost and maintenance.
Excellent Car But Don't Get It Broke by Satisfied But Wary Customer on 02/01/2013. Trim: 2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Excellent styling and driving. Feel only a slight "push" when the gas engine kicks in. Have been able to go up to 60 mph still on battrery power while coasting and on downhills for quite some distance. Overall comfort is good though I still don't really see the point of the "special" fabric on the seats. Still, they are comfortable, even on long drives. Good power on acceleration and good braking as well.
Cons: Very difficult to get parts! Was hit on the side recently - deploying the passenger seat airbag. Took 2 1/2 months to get the part from Korea! Most other cars, even other hybrid models, wouldn't have been such a problem. Have owned a hybrid Altima before - never took more than 1-2 weeks to get parts. Otherwise, I haven't had any problems or other complaints so far - though have only had the car for 5 months, and two and a half of them the car was in the shop.
Overall review: Love the car - but hated the incredible delay in getting a seemingly common part.
Full-size comfort in a hybrid by Bob from Cleveland on 07/31/2012. Trim: 2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This car has full-sized interior space. It is easy to get in and out of for large drivers. It has a truly smooth and comforting ride. Electronic ignition and proximity detection systems work very well. Standard features such as the Bluetooth system that enables hands-free phone use and climate controlwith dual zones and console vents to heat/cool the rear passengers result in excellent comfort.. I have gotten 42+mpg with the 2012 Sonata hybrid. It is easy to get good gas mileage without driving extremely slow, if one is diligent in using cruise control (CC). When driving in the city (or anywhere) switch on CC as soon as you reach the target speed.
Cons: There are no major detractions.
Overall review: One should definitely consider the Sonata hybrid if you want a hybrid that has interior comfort comparable to a full-sized car. In contrast to hybrid cars such as the Prius, this car is optimized for driving an appreciable amount of time in the suburbs and on back country roads (where this car is at its best) or highways. As noted above, I believe that the key to getting excellent gas mileage is to use cruise control in suburban and where possible and safe city driving as well as for highway driving. You will find that using cruise control will increase the amount of time that the car spends in "EV" mode. I strongly recommend the leather package if you are transporting children or infants due to ease of cleaning the seats. The car is great for transporting family. The children and adults are comfortable, allowing the children to sleep and adults to relax. The adjustable seats with supportive headrests and the front and rear heated seats with leather packages work great.
Lovin It! by Nugget on 02/28/2013. Trim: 2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Love it....I live in Western NY snow country, and even with the factory tires the car has exceeded my expectations as far as getting around. I feel very confident in all conditions.
Cons: Nothing.
Overall review: I would highly recommend...gas mileage is also really great.
2 3 4 5 6  Next