2012 Toyota RAV4

Limited V^ 4X4 by Bill on 04/17/2012. Trim: 2012 Toyota RAV4 Limited V6 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Just purchased a 2012 V6 Limited 4WD as a replacement for my 08 V6 Sport 4WD that I gave to my nephew who needed a car for college. Comfort, ride, fit and finish, and reliability are all superior compared to other small SUV's. If you're a golfer, you'll love the rear cargo area (unfortunately your wife will also like it for shopping). Get the V6, fuel economy averages about the same and out performs the 4 cylinder, which won't get out of it's own way.. The on-demand 4WD is fantastic in ice and snow. The Limited has a bit softer and quiter ride than the Sport and the leather 6-way seats are super comfortable.
Cons: The only con is the side-opening rear door. I'd prefer a lift-gate.
Overall review: Great small SUV. The only nicer is the Lexus RX350. But do you really wanna pay 12K more and be afraid of taking it into a field when you're off-roading or antique hunting?
Midsize SUV in Disguise by Raheeb on 06/17/2012. Trim: 2012 Toyota RAV4 Base I4 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Flexibility...it has the best of every car category. It drives smoothly like a car with equivalent MPG, it has as much interior space as a midsize CUV with optional 3rd row seat, AWD safety and security, looks great, has the best depreciation value and best review in Consumers Report, and most importantly the quality and reliability of Totoyta. Toyota is finally giving good deals on this car as they will redesign it for 2013 so you can get 0% Finance and two year maintenance plan and should be able to reduce the price.
Cons: The obvious one...the hinge door instead of liftgate. However, it is not that significant for me and it hasn't caused me any problems. The interior material is hard plastic but not cheap looking. The material is well-grained and fits nicely together.
Overall review: I'm very satsified with my purchase. This is the 5th new car I buy and it is the most satisying and the best deal of them all. The car feels like it will last at least 10 years without any problems, and then you still sell it for a decent price. I got the V4 with 3rd row seat (which is used for children). Unless you plan on using this car for racing or enjoy getting traffic tickets, the V4 is more than sufficient with plenty of power and great fuel economy. To put it another way, this V4 is more powerful and refined than the horrible V6 I had on my Jeep Liberty.
Well thought out small SUV. by Mitch from Myrtle Beach on 04/05/2012. Trim: 2012 Toyota RAV4 Sport V6 4X2, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I like this SUV so much, I bought two of them. It is comfortable, especially for more mature people. Its seats move up and down which makes it easy to enter. It has plenty of room for my fishing gear when the rear seats are down. Both of my RAV4s have the six cylinder engine which can get on the highway fast.It has great saftey features and options like four wheel drive for snow and ice. Its a well thought out car for small families and individuals.
Cons: Little things like the wheeles which look cheap.
Overall review: Great vehicle for people on the go!
Rav4 Sport with 18" Run Flat Tires and Rims / The Ultimate SUV Setup by Gary from Upper Michigan on 05/20/2012. Trim: 2012 Toyota RAV4 Sport V6 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: We bought the 2012 Rav4 Sport, with the run flat 18" tires, and the V-6. We love the comfortable seats, we do not have the spare tire with the run flat tires, so we have a great view out the back window. We have blue tooth phone, power sun roof, pretty much fully loaded. We are impressed with the powerful engine, ease of use of the controls for all the options, and it is very fun to drive. We took a seven hour trip and got about 27 MPG average.
Cons: None
Overall review: I would recommend the Sport model with the special 18" wheels and run-flat tires. The back door/gate is alot sportier without the huge spare tire sitting back there, not to mention better visibility. The V-6 motor is worth the small loss in MPG, considering what you gain on the highway. It also has all the safety equipment needed to keep my family safe.
Test Driver
Functional quality sans-fashion. by MAS49 from Minneapolis on 10/20/2012. Trim: 2012 Toyota RAV4 Limited I4 4X4.
Pros: Toyota quality is obvious. Size is great, but many other competitors (e.g., Honda CRV, Hyundai Tucson, Ford Escape) in same league.
Cons: Why not offer same warranty as Hyundai or Kia? Rear "door" is a pain, and left-side opening requires standing near a traffic lane, so risky. When/if Toyota adopts a lift-gate style, please automate it. For the RAV Sport model (also with the rear "door"), the attached spare is gone. Toyota "answer" is no spare and four, run-flat tires (expensive!). Dash area on the high-end RAV models looks & feels really cheap. Way too much plain plastic. Why not offer a "dressy-up" option? Sure, it would be faux wood, but check-out the interior of the Camry LX to see what is possible. For about a hundred bucks, Toyota could make the RAV Limited interior more in-line with that of the Tucson Limited.
Overall review: No-question quality, but "style" is now pretty darn stale versus the competition.