2012 Smart fortwo

2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next
Smarter World by Ron Valkenburg on 05/15/2012. Trim: 2012 Smart fortwo passion coupe, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: MPG is higher then mfg rating, currently getting 44MPG mostly highway travel. 2012 has a smoother ride with upgraded suspension & transmission.
Cons: Not for everyone, lack of storage and seating may scare people away. Sales & service is still an issue as majority of Mercedes dealers will not sell or service Smart.
Overall review: Great cra, I owned a 2009 and just upgraded to a 2012, love my smart. Great MPG, parking is a snap and yes limited storage but I can fit 2 sets of golf clubs in the back.
Long-Term Owner Loves It by Car Nut Who Hugs Trees on 08/20/2012. Trim: 2012 Smart fortwo passion cabriolet, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I have had my 08 for 4.5 years now. It is one of the best cars I have owned in terms of mileage and dependability. Once you begin driving it you realize how often you have been alone in bigger cars, and this one begins to make lots of sense! It is fun, affordable, roomy, dependable, and safe. What more could I want while I lower my carbon footprint?
Cons: Strong crosswinds are a little challenging, as were the old Beetles with the rear engine/rear drive. Otherwise I keep up with Chicago traffic on the highways, love it in the city.
Overall review: Not for everyone, but for more than the media has given it credit for. It has been largely ignored as a credible option, but that is a terrible mistake. Is it a looker? Not necessarily in the best way, although this car makes most people smile. Is it a speed demon? No, but I can kick the mufflers off some of these muscle cars when I go by the gas station and they are spending $75 to fill up. I have never spent over $30 on a fillup, and that was bone-dry with high prices. It is, however, a fun way to live and drive responsibly, and the fact that mine is a convertible ups the fun factor exponentially. I am no small guy (250 lbs, broad shouldered weight lifter) and I ride comfortably every day.
Smartcar matches the Quirky. by Citizenkane, Louisville, Kentucky on 11/05/2012. Trim: 2012 Smart fortwo passion coupe, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Owned three, Still have two. Third Smart,(a 2012) was damaged new at Mercedes dealership and replaced after much diiscussion, ( With a 2013, thanks!). Having owned forty some cars I have to say my Smart delivers alot more than I was expecting. It drives much like my 1979 Honda Civic from college days. I drive 110 miles daily on interstate and urban/suburban roads. I really like it. My last two cars (besides the replaced Smart) were a 2010 premium Ford Mustang convertible (a dissapointment having owned 8 other mustangs in the past, and a 2005 BMW Z4, Great car very expensive to maintain; so Smart is a diversion from the norm. I recognize its limitations and in return it hasn't disapoited me.
Cons: Wheels are too narrow. Wider wheels would really offset the swerve factor from high wind days. (Hey our SUV does it to a degree too!). Also Mercededs dealership is alot harder to deal with than the PEnske one I bought the orginal 2009 Smart from. (Hey Mercedes, when you take my money, cash I might add, even if its not a Mercedes, show some courtesy and treat me as if you would like to have a repeat customer!. I have bought three !
Overall review: If you want cheap fun transport with a good warranty, buy one. IF you want the traditional American living room on wheels, this is not a good choice. I pack mine with my wife, me, one large Lab and a noisy Schuanzer and head to the farm quite often. 2013 rides and shifts easier than the 2009 but still requires rethinking auto transmission (which its not and merging which becomes a fine art on occasion!
GREAT CAR by LowNSlow from Chicago on 07/01/2012. Trim: 2012 Smart fortwo passion coupe, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Fuel economy. Can park most anywhere.
Cons: Few number of dealers for support. Only Penske owned dealerships, Smart/Mercedes will work on them. The Mercedes dealer 1/2 mile from my home wants nothing to do with it. I must drive 40 miles for service.
Overall review: This vehicle is fun to drive although no speed demon. Gas mileage is fantastic. MUST use premium gas. GREAT around town and have also taken many 10 hr. trips. If you accept what it is, you'll do fine. This vehicle is a modern day, computer laden, safety filled VW Bug from the late 60's of which, I've owned several. Typical German over-engineered product. You can obtain a nicely furnished Smart for about $15k. If you only have $15k to spend, you owe it to yourself to look at all options out there. Yes, you can nickel and dime options on all cars to $????, but what is your limit.
I am very smart by Jb on 06/23/2012. Trim: 2012 Smart fortwo pure coupe, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Mileage and durability
Cons: Ride can be harsh
Overall review: Solid, cool, great mpg 42 +
2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next