2012 Mitsubishi i

2012 Mitsubishi i Prices
2012 Mitsubishi i Fuel Economy
Great Car by Jon on 03/21/2012. Trim: 2012 Mitsubishi i SE, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: All electric, small and zippy, most affordable and efficient car in America. And the $7500 tax credit makes it almost affordable.
Cons: Back is ugly, Narrow front tires.
Overall review: Nice car for in city driving and short trips. Perfect 2nd car.
Test Driver
Think twice about this car! by MIke on 07/08/2012. Trim: 2012 Mitsubishi i ES.
Pros: Interior is more roomy than the very small exterior would lead you to believe.
Cons: Exterior is not attractive as compared to the Volt or the Ford Electric Focus. Also the small size would be an issue for survivability in a moderate crash. I had the vehicle for a full day to demo from the dealer and the range with a full charge was only approx. 45 miles with 2 people and the A/C on....no where near the 125 miles as listed!
Overall review: The ride comfort and performance were better than I imagined for an electric car. However, the interior seats, trim,etc. seemed really low end...not like you would see in a $34 000 vehicle. I also test drove the Volt and found the quality of the car to be much better. The Volt is like a typical gas car...only electric and looks great but is a few thousand more in price. The i car is not for everyone.
2012 Mitsu I by Racko from Bloomington/Normal illinois on 06/24/2012. Trim: 2012 Mitsubishi i ES, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: My wife and I have been Mitsubishi family for 2 decades.The new I car has great handling and very peppy.If you enjoy a quiet ride with no engine noise or defective exhausts,all electric is a cool choice.On hot/cold days your I can be programedto cool or heat in your garage with the door down .There is no carbon monoxide gas.We also LOVE taking the old fashioned Sunday drive and not worried it is costing us an arm /leg for the pleasure.In our area of central Ill,my 80mile electric fee is around $1.60.How many miles can you go in your SUV for $1.60?????.I almost forgot to mention the great visability inside the I car, and the very powerfull air cooling unit..
Cons: Limited range.Will never be a cross country vehicle .
Overall review: Great second car for most families.
Test Driver
Think Twice about this car! by John on 09/30/2012. Trim: 2012 Mitsubishi i SE.
Pros: Performance is on par with a gasoline vehicle - it performed much better than I thought it would.
Cons: Styling is hideous as it looks like a high school science project. Battery range was very poor as I had it for a weekend and the average range with the A/C on was only 40 miles. And I've heard the cost of a new battery once it goes out of warranty is high - the dealer told me over $15,000! If it's that high, nobody will buy this. I wouldn't want to be in a crash in this as there is no front hood area with almost no protection.
Overall review: If you are seeking an electric car and not worried about how it looks, this would be an option. The Ford and the GM electric vehicles look much better, but also have a higher price tag. The Volt is really impressive with styling and performance plus you can take it on long trips and not worry about a 40 mile short range like this vehicle.
This is a great car by EV OWNER In San Antonio, TX on 09/14/2012. Trim: 2012 Mitsubishi i SE, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is a great car for use in the city. Understanding the the limits of range makes the car fine for urban use.
Cons: The price is a little high, but federal tax credit helps.
Overall review: You can't beat it for economy of use.