2012 BMW 3-Series

2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
A Great Car but only a Good Value by Mike from Michigan on 03/31/2012. Trim: 2012 BMW 3-Series 328i Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: An excellent engine mated to a great 8 speed automatic gives you great performance and economy. I love the new looks of the interior and exterior. The car does it all with the adjustable econ-comfort-sports modes. The i-drive is much improved over previous generations.
Cons: Low rolling resistance tires hurt handling and braking performance a little. The base model is lacking options that are standard on competitors and may be perceived as a lesser value. The price can also jump up in a hurry. I'm not a fan of the stop/start technology as it isn't that smooth but can be turned off.
Overall review: An impressive upgrade keeps the 3 Series one step ahead of the competition. If BMW could squeeze in a few more options as standard the car would be unstoppable.
Best Beamer in Years by Tyron in Redmond on 03/28/2012. Trim: 2012 BMW 3-Series 328i Coupe, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Perfomance is pleasantly surprising for a 4 cylinder turbo. There is no real reason to get the 335i, unless you really, really need to know you can go that much faster, the 328i is plenty for me and I consider myself a driving enthusiast. Above anything else on the new 3-series is the improved interior styling. I've always considered the BMW a great driving/performing car without a great interior, untill now. I purchased the Modern package, and I have to say, this is one of the nicest interiors I've seen on any luxury sports car. IMO, a world better than anything from Audi or Mercedes.
Cons: Compared to the competition, the price can get a bit high, if you want the bells and whistles. But compared to the competition, there is none.
Overall review: I previously owned a 2005 3-series. It was a great car but I decided to give other brands a try. No car I've owned, in my opinion, has come close to the experience of owning a BMW. This have never been more true than with the new 2012 BMW 3-series. The new styling is very distictive and attractive. Long gone are the days of the cat eyed, bubbly, soft looking bodies, replaced with an aggressively styled, finely sculpted exterior appearance. Trust me, pictures don't do this car justice. You need to see and drive this car for yourself before making a decision. Amazing performance, outstanding fuel economy, beautiful styling, and incredible technology make for a very complete package.
Black soot problem by ezshift5 on 08/14/2012. Trim: 2012 BMW 3-Series 328i Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Good pick up speed from go, expecially in sports mode, transmission shifts are smooth and quick. Audio system sounds good even without the $875 HK upgrade.
Cons: Poor gas mileage compared to other 4 cylinders.black soot from exhaust tips that mixes with steam and sprays onto floor on cold starts. With time this soot and steam can block vital engine parts rubbing the cars performance.There is no volume indicator to know your volume level, steering wheel feels too soft and sometimes dangerous on quick turns. Steering blocks the most part of speedometer, the range we commonly drive in, from 30mph and up, long braking distance.cost too much money to have these problems
Overall review: I think the soot problem to me is a deal breaker.
Not the ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE by Brendan on 07/29/2012. Trim: 2012 BMW 3-Series 328i Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: That it's a BMW and finally I could buy my first BMW
Cons: My transmission is out after a 1000 miles,the car is with the dealeres for three weeks now because a part for the transmission has to come from Germany. I don't know why they called these vehicles the ultimate driving machines.
Overall review: I regret my purchase. Please post this review to ward others from my mistake. My first post hasn't been posted
BMW, Your Paying for the Badge! by MIUSA on 07/29/2012. Trim: 2012 BMW 3-Series 335i xDrive Coupe, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Good Looks, fair get up and go.
Cons: Old styling, old technology, a lot of money for a car that is passed its prime. I will go back to a Mustang when I can get out of the BMW 335xi. More bang for the buck!
Overall review: Not a BMW fan, the wife had to have one now we both regret it. Should have bought the Mustang.
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next