2012 Kia Optima

Amazing!!!!, by Furious on 03/22/2012. Trim: 2012 Kia Optima EX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Amazing value. Great style. Tons of options.
Cons: None
Overall review: I was in the market for a commuter vehicle with good gas mileage and was going to pick up a Hyundai Elantra. I was very close to getting one, and was considering the limited. Very close to 23,000. At this price, I started looking at the sonata. A similarly equipped sonata would have driven the cost up to the high 20's. Then came the Optima EX. I ended up getting a 2012 with the premium technology package with the "Microsoft UVO/ Infinity audio system". I can only say that this car is amazing!! Panoramic sunroof, heated and cooled leather seats, push button start, and tons of other features for 24,500. Simply amazing. Thanks to DeSimone on the Blvd., I got no haggle pricing!!! I have owned Nissan Maximas, Toyota Camry, Acura TL, and this car is way more bang for the buck. The 2.4 liter engine has 200hp which is plenty of power, and it has been great on gas. I forgot to mention the 10 year 100K power train warranty.
"KIA Optima" best sports sedan period ! by Funktion in Boise on 03/14/2012. Trim: 2012 Kia Optima SX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: First of all, I'm a big fan of VW Audi, Owning several makes of each, from an A6 to a TT and also a Touareg, which is what I traded in for the Optima. I test drove a new 2012 A4 2.0T the week before buying my Optima. The Optima is just as well designed as the A4 and the styling is also just as attractive and maybe even sportier. The interior is amazingly very close in quality. The Optima performed better in handling, smoother shifting and ride quality. I bought the fully loaded Optima and to get a comparible A4 would have cost 20 K more. Better mileage, warranty, performance, why buy anything else, (unless you want the name badge). Test drive one and you will " BELIEVE".
Cons: I would have made the push button on the glove box chrome and the homelink buttons on the rear view mirror light up as the other controls do when the lights are on, but that's just me.
Overall review: Your not going to beat this car if you want a sports sedan. Best price and a turbo that runs on regular gas! KIA is ahead in the game with this car. Honda, Toyota, Audi, BMW, better take notes and listen to what their buyers want, as KIA has done.
Good For You Car. by Greg From Boise on 04/02/2012. Trim: 2012 Kia Optima LX AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: You get a lot of car for the money with all the features that are on this car and it looks sporty and has good acceleration. Designed well inside and out. You get Many features only found on so-called luxury, higher priced vehicles.
Cons: Tires are a little noisy.
Overall review: Best car for the money I have bought so far.
The Ultimate Optima by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/21/2012. Trim: 2012 Kia Optima EX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I have not been more pleased with a new car since i bought a brand new loaded out Nissan Maxima, back in 1985. The new Optima Is such a pleasant vehicle to drive. The looks are awesome and the value for the money is remarkable.
Cons: I can't think of anything I dislike about the vehicle at this time.
Overall review: The new Optima is a beautiful, fun-to-drive car. I have driven BMW's, and Lexus and I can honestly say the Optima is as fun to drive as either of those vehicles.
2012 "Sassy Red" Turbo SX - Air-Conditioned Front Seats and Race Car Power by VikingHawk on 01/17/2012. Trim: 2012 Kia Optima SX, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I researched this vehicle style for over 6-months and finally decided upon the SX Turbo with everything except NAV. The styling has people looking and asking about the car everywhere I go. Many said they thought it was a new Acura at first. Everything about this car is quality, quality, quality. I love the power and quickness, gas mileage (averaging 24 town, 32 highway) in ECO mode. When I want to play, I just take it out of ECO and hang on. I can also use the steering wheel paddle-shifters or the gear shift for MANUAL SHIFT mode. My wife loves it too (she uses the ECO mode since it is too fast for her otherwise). Just drove over 3,400 miles round trip and was super comfy.
Cons: There is nothing that I dislike and this is after 6,000 miles.
Overall review: This car is the most fun car I have ever owned except for my 1978 Trans-Am and it gets fantastic gas mileage, especially in ECO mode. I got the "Sassy Red" with dark and light grey interior. Love it. I love the heated (front and rear) as well as air-conditioned seats (front). Even the glove box has an air-conditioner vent to keep stuff cool if you want. The Microsoft voice controls and stereo features are super as well. The low-profile, 18-inch tires are quiet and grip the road in all weather (car goes very well in snow and ice). All-in-all, I can't think of a better car regardless of the price. Oh, and I am 6-ft tall and my wife is 5-ft; two memory seat settings make us both very comfy in the drivers seat. Another plus that made me smile was that when the weather turned cold the heater vent blowing on my gas-pedal foot was not noticeable as in some cars where your foot gets baked from the heat (like my 2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid and my Toyota Venza did).