2012 Honda Insight

The 2012 Honda Insight - Great Choice! by Mike-Pennsylvania on 03/24/2012. Trim: 2012 Honda Insight EX w/ Navigation, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Honda has really over-delivered with it's 2012 Insight. It's fun to drive; gets 50+ mpg (much higher than I was expecting); and looks sportier than its competitors...not to mention I spent $6k less than the comparable Prius model. After decades of GM cars (and I'm still hoping for long-term success of the Chevy Volt)...my wallet could only afford the Insight...and after 2 months, I'm thrilled. The features that Iike the best are the green backlit speedometer; paddle-shifters (mainly for down shifting); the steering wheel controls; and the car's overall comfort. I am pleasantly suprised - you get a lot for your money!
Cons: While, I typically get 50-57 mpg...I'd be curious what you'd get if the battery was larger than ~15 hp? Other hybrids are capable of driving 100% battery...the Insight is not. That being said, the bottom line at the gas pump is awesome. I went from 28 mpg on my old Chevy Cavalier to 2x that with my Insight! And while this car has quite a bit of 'pep', it's by no means a "performance car" - it has no probelm, keeping up with 75+ mph traffic- it's just not going to excite those used to driving gas-guzzling V6s. This was not a factor in my decision.
Overall review: When shopping for a new car, my criteria included: 1. Safety (soon to have teenage drivers); 2. MPG; 3. Total ownership cost; and 4. Fun factor. The Insight topped out in all of them: It received IIHS safety awards, KBB low ownership cost awards, it gets much higher MPG than its EPA rated 42, the insurance costs are low, and it's a really fun & comfortable ride! My commute is 20 miles each way and I often go on 100-300 mile business trips. This car has been great! It's 10 gallon tank is usually good for 500+ miles! I don't feel like I sacrificed anything going to a hybrid. The engine off at stops is smooth and seemless. The acceleration is fine on traffic merges. I'm an engineer and did a rather thorough analysis of the Volt, the Prius, the Insight, and the Civic to see which was the best deal - The Insight came out the winner. And after a few months and few thousand miles of driving, I'm very happy with my choice.
Good%20car by Poop%20from%20poopvill on 03/27/2012. Trim: 2012 Honda Insight, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Handling
Cons: Power%20and%20I.M.A.
Overall review: Good car overall but it needs some minor improvents hope they do better for 2013
Hard to beat MPG by Greg / St Augustine, Fl on 02/03/2012. Trim: 2012 Honda Insight EX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: If your looking for great gas MPG Insight is hard to beat. Priced lower than you might think. I'm getting 50.2 MPG with first 3000 miles so far.
Cons: Not the fastest acceleration.
Overall review: Nice auto
Great MPG by Bab on 01/12/2012. Trim: 2012 Honda Insight Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This car is a real sporty driving car with plenty of room for a small vehicle. I am getting 50/52 miles per gallon.... Absolutely love this car.
Cons: N/A
Overall review: You are not going to win any drag races with this car but there will be few cars in the lot that get more gas mileage than you do.
First Honda car! by BobL, Ohio on 06/27/2012. Trim: 2012 Honda Insight Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: 50-56 mpg per tank Love it! Went from a suv gas sucker that never got the sticker mpg advertised to one that gets much higher than stickered! Ride is comfortable. The seats fold down in the back giving a lot of storage when needed. The car looks good and the price, picked up my new 2012 for $17,500. I have already put 9400 miles on it
Cons: The only thing I do not like is that I really wish they would have put arm rests in these cars. I do alot of travel for work and find myself putting my arm on the top of the passager seat. After market arm rest are not made! I will come up with something!
Overall review: The car is not ment for racing though it does keep up with the traffic and has a little punch when needed to get on the interstate. The car cruises and steers nicely. Seats are comfortable, interior is layed out nicely with all the needed controls easy to reach. I am impressed so far! This has been a big step for me since I have only bought US cars for the last 30 years.