2012 Nissan LEAF

2012 Nissan LEAF Prices
2012 Nissan LEAF Fuel Economy
Great second car! by Phil, Raleigh NC on 01/10/2012. Trim: 2012 Nissan LEAF SL, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Good acceleration, nice ride. awesome new technology. I only have about 700 miles on the car so far but so far I´m really impressed.
Cons: Range is limited so this is a task specific car. If the family has a car for long trips this is a great little commuter.
Overall review: A really great car for what it does...running around town and commuting to work.
Welcome to the future by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/20/2012. Trim: 2012 Nissan LEAF SL, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: - Silence when driving, including on the highway. The Leaf rivals or beats luxury cars in terms of in-cabin decibels. - Nimbleness. Very low center of gravity (no gas engine, batteries are beneath the seats) makes for a car with superior handling. - Acceleration. Full torque from 0rpm means accelerations rival our Lexus GX460, notably at low speeds. - Minimal maintenance. No oil change/engine tune ups. - Nissan server connection. Car is continuously connected to the Nissan server, allowing us to heat (or cool) the car via our iPhone 10-15 minutes before actually taking the car, among other remote functions. - Aesthetics
Cons: - no memory seat option. This would be useful when sharing the car. - no leather seats option. - no daytime running lights. LED low beams are very bright at night but too narrowly focused to be effective as daytime running lights.
Overall review: Our Nissan Leaf turned out to be the best purchase decision we have done in years. It is not for everybody who only owns one car, but this is the perfect second car. Driving this car really takes us to the future of driving. While others have to fill a tank, spew fumes whenever they drive, notably when sitting idle in traffic, the Leaf glides effortlessly and silently with more acceleration and power than many cars around. No more tune up/oil change. Nissan claims battery should still charge at 70-80% of its capacity after 10 years, so battery should last the life of the car for most people. We installed a second PG&E meter just for the car, enabling us to leverage the best electric rate (E9b - $0.04/kW at night), so every mile on this car costs a fraction of even an economy gas-powered car. We do comfortably up to 85 miles per day with the Leaf. Our dollars now go to our utility company versus towards Middle East oil.
My Blue Commuter LEAF by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/19/2012. Trim: 2012 Nissan LEAF SL, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Not having to fill gas for my commute, Carpool stickers, Cash back from State and Fed Gvt. Charging at home. Got the car 3 weeks ago and put 1000miles on the car already. Got the car from Tustin Nissan in Orange county and the dealership exp was surprisingly good. (Did a little bit of haggling but no drama involved)
Cons: My 3 year old thinks that the car looks like a Frog. Nothing since I know what I am getting into. Electric bill went up Leaf takes 5 hrs to charge every night for me, Uses ~4 Kwh every hour for me Nightly charging varies from 2.5$/night if you are a Tier1 customer, to upto 5.25$/night if you are a Tier5 customer in Socal edison area. Lack of 480V charging stations Leasing the car (Do not want to purchase a car which is unproven)
Overall review: This is my commuter car, I drive 65 miles every day and plug in the car to my 220V charger. I purchased the charger from Clippercreek after doing some reaserch (Forget about Aerovision that nissan contracts with. They will charge you 2500 for the installation and the product). I got the charger from clippercreek an paid a local electrician 200$ to set it up.
Rocking Electric Ride by John from Joshua on 09/30/2012. Trim: 2012 Nissan LEAF SL, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Fun, compfertable, quiet and very responsive to drive. Never having to worry about the cost of gas again.
Cons: Navigation system is not as intuative as previous Navigation systems I have owned. Can not use it on a roadtrips
Overall review: This car is must for folks that commute 80 miles or less round trip a day or greater distances if you have quick charging stations on your route. This will be the only car you want to drive once you own it.
Love my Leaf by Leaf Love on 05/17/2012. Trim: 2012 Nissan LEAF SL, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: -