2012 Nissan Xterra

Superior Outdoors Vehicle by Frankie on 07/22/2012. Trim: 2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Tons of power, great looks, very versatile, all kinds of storage space, top-notch quality, very rugged.
Cons: Gas mileage is pretty bad but you get bad mileage because of all the power this car provides.
Overall review: I've wanted an Xterra since the 1990's and I finally got one and went with a black Off Road version. I love everything about this car except the gas mileage. However, the trade off for the bad mileage is power whenever you want it. This truck sounds more like an American muscle car than a Japanese SUV. I still love walking up to this truck in the parking lot and have already had all kinds of adventures in the backcountry of Oregon. This truck is for outdoor enthusiasts and not for commuting around town. You can of course get around the city in one just fine but they are meant for the outdoors. I love this car.
Review ID: #562086 Is this review offensive?
My Pro 4X by Mike from Waterford, Ca. on 08/27/2012. Trim: 2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I like everything about it, it's rugged, it looks fantastic, handles very well for a Compact SUV, it isn't a sports car after all. The gas mileage is no worse than any compact truck with a 261 hp V-6 under the hood. Mine is white and just looks great, I love it.
Cons: Haven't found anything yet that I don't like about is.
Overall review: Looking for a good off road capable compact SUV with rood on road manners, check out the Nissan Xterra you won't be disappointed.
The Ultimate Off-Road Vehicle by Frankie on 06/20/2012. Trim: 2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Quality, looks, durability, options, power and versatility are phenomenal traits of the Xterra.
Cons: Gas mileage is bad and getting in and out especially in the back seats is tough for the weak and elderly.
Overall review: I simply LOVE this vehicle. I have wanted an Xterra for years and was finally able to get a brand new one. I love everything about the Xterra including the performance, features, durability and quality. The only thing I don't love is the mileage. This vehicle is a beast when it comes to filling the tank. Although, the reason for this is that the Xterra is VERY powerful. On acceleration the Xterra feels and sounds more like an American muscle car than a Japanese SUV. I have taken my Xterra camping in the middle of Oregon's rugged countryside, on the beaches of my state, fishing, snowboarding, etc and it has performed amazingly. This isn't a SUV for soccer moms like a CRV. The Xterra is a true off-road vehicle that does away with foo-foo traits of other "SUV" vehicles for pure off-road performance, power and ability. if you are stuck in the snow or want to adventure in the middle of nowhere, there is no vehicle that can perform like the Nissan Xterra. Sorry soccer moms.
Everything and more !!! by Bigfoot, Colorado Springs, CO on 04/01/2012. Trim: 2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I got the Pro 4X with all the goodies. Very macho looking vehicle, I like everything about this truck. Fit and finish are above average. Controls are highly intuitive. Everything is far better than expected for a vehicle in this price range. I get a consistant 20 mpg. Drives solidly in the snow of the Colorado Rockies with the Goodrich tires. I love the great outdoors and enjoy driving in the back country. I am having so much fun I wish I had bought one far sooner than I did. Have recommended it to all my friends who are in the market for a sensible SUV. Would buy one again in a heartbeat.
Cons: Really don't dislike anything about the truck. Steering is VERY quick and takes some getting used to. Sometimes feels a little top heavy in corners but that could be a false feeling due to the high sitting position.
Overall review: I see folks driving all different makes and models of crossovers and mid-size SUVs and probably paid way too much money. This is my first SUV although I have been behind the wheel of many different brands, both foreign and domestic, over the course of 45 years of driving. I just can't envision a vehicle with more bang for the buck than the Xterra. Get yourself one of your own and enjoy life again.
Good truck for the buck by Sic semper tyranis on 09/16/2012. Trim: 2012 Nissan Xterra, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This is my 5th Exterra, I love the way it looks, handles and performs on and off road. I can afford a much more expensive vehicle but for me the exterra has everything I need.
Cons: The model I'm currently driving (2010) interior is terrible, even spilled water leaves a stain. Currently working with the dealer to see if there is way to resolve this issue. Never had this problem with previous exterras but all the others had a different type of fabric that wore very well.
Overall review: Sans the upholsetry concerns I'd highly recommend the exterra.