2012 Subaru Legacy

2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
Great car! by Jim on 07/28/2012. Trim: 2012 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Looks, comfort, ride, performance, and AWD - all worldclass. Averaging 32.4 mpg combined in 14,000 miles of driving. Not one single issue with the car. Dealership is great. Will keep this for a long time. Previously, put 140,000 miles on an Audi A4 1.8T Quattro and have to say I'd pick the Legacy over the Audi (and keep $15 grand in my pocket).
Cons: Wish it had a little more guts (horsepower), but that'd be a buzz kill on the fuel economy.
Overall review: Best value in its class. I almost always have a smile on my face when I'm driving it!
Fuel Economy Update by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/12/2013. Trim: 2012 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Owner Update: highway mileage 39.9mpg> Just made the drive from Toledo to Detroit (83 miles), 70 mph, outside temp 60 degrees, and relatively flat expressway. Achieved 39.9 miles per gallon. I like this car more every day!
Overall review: Have put 32,000 miles on in about 11 months. Love the car.
2012 Subaru 2.5i Premium - Great Car Overall by scodyw on 04/10/2012. Trim: 2012 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I get 28 MPG combined. - Heated cloth seats (I like heated seats, but not leather). - Handles great, in all weather. - Large interior, with lots of rear legroom. - Large trunk, with a wide opening. - Doors open wide. - High safety rating. - Has adequate acceleration (not fast enough for fun, but good enough to get you up to highway speed, but is worth the trade off for the fuel economy) . - The fit and trim are good, no panel gaps inside or out. - I was able to fine tune the driver’s seat to make it very comfort to sit in and get into/out of. - Good list of options/comforts for $21,000
Cons: Not the fastest car, but I bought it for the good fuel economy with AWD. - The CVT takes awhile to get used to. - I think the exterior styling is very plain, it looks good, just plain. - It has a MPG gauge on the dash, then a MPG gage in the cluster. I would prefer the one in the cluster be a temperature gauge. - Changing the oil filter is not fun. - Color choicee is not great, I wanted blue, like what was avalible in 2011, but now they only have light blue. - I have no complaints that would keep me from getting the same car.
Overall review: Best fuel economy of any AWD car of its size (only AWD with better fuel economy is the Imprezza, but the Legacy is alot bigger, I test drove both). But it took me three tanks of gas to get the 28 MPG combined I expected to get. There is defiantly a learning curve for the CVT. I can fit three car seats in the back, or three full sized adults, without adjusting my seat to give them some leg room.The trunk supports/hinges do not intrude into the storage space. It may have only 170 hp, but the CVT puts the all available horsepower on the ground. When you mash the gas, the RPMs jump to the peak horsepower, and stay there throughout the acceleration, this makes it quicker than the HP numbers let onto. Fortunately Subaru has a lot of engine/transmission choices. If you prefer a quicker car, the Legacy is available with the H6, or the turbo charged GT, but the CVT is the fasted 2.5i NA.
' A Luxury Car Affordable" by BET1212 on 01/29/2012. Trim: 2012 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Awesome car, the car looks and feels expensive from the interior point of view to the exterior. Rides and handles beauitfully. Handle sharpe turns like its on a rail. Very roomy and confortable for five .
Cons: Nothing !
Overall review: Great value for the price, look at this car before you decide on others, this car is in its own league.
Money very well spent by Erik from Wisconsin on 09/29/2012. Trim: 2012 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: First and foremost, I love the size of this car. I'm 6'9" and fit rather well; headroom is great also. Gas milleage is amazing! City driving I average 27-28. Highway driving, around 72-73 mph I pull 35-36 mpg! These are great numbers for having AWD. The car handles very well and feels very solid and connected to the road. Heated seats, mirrors and wipers are worth it for the all weather package. Auto-up driver's window is a nice feature. I have the Bluetooth/phone options on the steering wheel which are great and make calling/changing the radio options easy and safe. Auto dimming mirror with compass & homelink are user friendly and excellent tools. Trunk size is great also.
Cons: I chose to buy the 2.5i with CVVT so the get up and go isn't quite there. As many have said, I accept this for the miles per gallon. I have noticed two issues with the driver's window, those being a "clunk" noise when the window rolls up. This may just be my car however. I would like to see the side mirrors be auto dimming like the rear view mirror. Standard window tinting would be a great option to offer.
Overall review: I would recommend this car to anyone! The price paid makes me feel like I stole the car from the dealership. Standard options are just right and can be upped for a very reasonable price. The miles per gallon you will receive will amaze you for having a car that feels solid, safe and connected to the roadway. Please give Subaru a look/test drive before buying anything else. Some may have a negative outlook as the car is foreign, which it is, but they are at least shipped to and assembled here in the US.
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next