2012 Subaru Outback

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next
Great car for the money by Brian K on 03/17/2012. Trim: 2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Excellent gas mileage, low engine noise, superb handling, Very comfortable even for me at 6'3". Plenty of room.
Cons: Bluetooth could be better and really would be nice to have power seats on passengers side also.
Overall review: I researched a lot of vehicles prior to purchasing this one. I went with the subaru simply because I have previously owned them and well they last forever. I don't feel hybrids are the way to go especially if you are on the road a lot like I am. This car offered more room, better MPG, and overall more useful features then most of its competition for the price. So far I am getting around 26MPG combined. Have been very comfortable in the vehicle when driving. I usually get leg cramps very easy. Has not happened yet. Vehicle handles great on the highway. It does tend to go a little faster then you think. Smooth shifts and excellent acceleration. I have the bluetooth feature and that is the only feature I have a complaint with. The handsfree is very nice to have. But you can not use the phone book feature unless you have a blackberry. In other words your phones contact list will not snych up to the bluetooth. You can add them manually, but it is time consuming beyond belief.
Ultimate Car by Grandma from Wenatchee on 04/08/2012. Trim: 2012 Subaru Outback 3.6R Premium, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This is our third Outback, our newest one is a 2010. The improvements they made with this model are amazing. Plenty of room, nice height, less road noise. This car is a perfect size, my husband is big and fits fine, I am small, and with the electric seat raised I have great visability. This car goes anywhere and turns on a dime which is great in tight situations. It has really good gas mileage and a wonderful ride. Love, love, love this car.
Cons: None
Overall review: I absolutely love this car, have never had a problem hauling home whatever I have bought. Our dogs fit great, our grandkids car seats fit great, just a wonderful car. Easy to get in and out of since they raised the height in the 2010 model. Feel very secure in snow, rain, whatever the driving conditions are, or wher ever we go, ie Seattle, over mountains.. I'm sure when our lease is up we will be getting our fourth Outback.
The best AWD car out there by hoeguy on 03/17/2012. Trim: 2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: great car for drastic weather like here in the Dakota's, Once you drive it on winter roads you will love it.
Cons: could use rear heat/cooling
Overall review: Superb awd . The best on the market !
Jack of All Trades by Wutbürger from St. Louis, MO on 02/21/2012. Trim: 2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: From the excellent looks (subjective) to the ridiculously comfortable and spacious interior, the car is a great place to be for the 30,000+ mile I drive per year. I have averaged 26mpg over my first 4 tanks with winter gas, a new motor, and about 50% city driving- for a 3,500lb vehicle with full-time AWD, I couldn't ask for much better than that and suspect that 30mpg should be easily achievable in warmer months with more highway driving. This is my first automatic in 11 years of driving and the CVT is simply awesome- keeps the RPMs low when just lulling around town but it'll take them right up to where they need to be for merging. 2.5L engine has plenty of grunt for a loaded vehicle.
Cons: A few small rattles have popped up, but I expected this as a former Subaru owner. They do not include a "belly pan" under the engine any more- makes for VERY easy oil changes but it also makes for a messy engine bay (my former 2007 WRX had an air tight engine bay that looked as good as day 1 when I sold it). Bluetooth integration and voice controls could be better. Options such as driver seat memory or dual-zone climate controls would be great in a $28,000 vehicle (31K limited gets dual-zone climate, but still no driver seat memory) If these are the only things I can find wrong, I'm truly doing ok!
Overall review: Find me another AWD wagon with this much space, 26+mpg on RUG, cheap to insure, cheap to maintain, and great for every possible use you can throw at it and I'll get rid of my Outback. Until that, I'll enjoy great fuel economy, a strong motor, cheap maintenance and great reliability like all of our Subarus in the past, and an awesome interior with such features as reclining rear seats and 32cf of cargo space with the rear seats still up.
Wonderful car, perfect for Utah! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/15/2012. Trim: 2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great MPG, AWD, Cargo Capacity, CVT, Quality Build
Cons: 4 cylinder engine has just enough power
Overall review: Love this car. A great family vehicle. I like it more than the Audi A6 Avant I owned previously. Geting 25 MPG city and 31 on the highway. Tremendous bang for the buck! I Highly recommend this car!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next