2012 Nissan Pathfinder

Understand What This Vehicle is BEFORE You Buy by md offroader on 06/03/2012. Trim: 2012 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: One of the last true SUV's. Good size, not obnoxious. Trouble free. Solid off road performance. Good towing ability.
Cons: Fuel economy, though to be expected in heavy off road oriented vehicle. Crash test results could be better. Premium fuel for best performance, can use regular though
Overall review: Our favorite vehicle we have purchased in a long time, and we typically trade vehicles yearly so we have a lot to compare to. Never had any problems despite high mileage with hard miles. Lots of towing through mountain passes here in Oregon. Also have beat the tar out of it off roading. Changed tires to more aggressive tread and it has never had issues getting out of trouble. Has excellent 4x4 system that can be left engaged on dry pavement. I suspect people who complain about this vehicle do not understand it's philosophy of use. A capable off road vehicle with many luxury amenities. You folks should truly stick to car based SUV's and be done with it. Me, I prefer vehicles like the Pathfinder. Sadly, Nissan has bowed to the masses and the next generation Pathfinder will be basically another mini van. Looks like next year I will have to head to Toyota and look at the 4runner. The only last body on frame mid size SUV.
Perfect family vehicle! by Proud Pathfinder Owner on 06/03/2012. Trim: 2012 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Performance, full time four wheel drive, size, comfortable, looks, three rows of seating, reliable, glass pass through separate from main rear hatch, Bose system, easy navigation system, three zone climate control, reclining rear seats, fold flat third row.
Cons: Tight 3rd row, heavy hatch, useless compact flash drive.
Overall review: This has been a comfortable and reliable vehicle for our family of four. Its full time 4x4 system is comforting. Stellar Bose sound system. We like the simple to use nav system. I do not believe "Utah's " review, or if he actually owns this vehicle. I don't believe a Nissan Manager would tell you that you should buy a competitors product. Not as comfortable as a "76 F100"? That comment is laughable. There has been 36 years of automotive advancement and any new car is more comfortable than a 36 year old pickup. This truck has front/rear stabilizers, full leather, heated steering wheel, front and rear climate control, separate zones for front passengers, heated front seats, etc. He may have got a lemon, like any manufacturer is capable of unfortunately putting out. As for us, terrific vehicle that has been stone cold reliable. I recommend this vehicle highly. My parents, who are in their sixties, sold their Acura MDX & bought a Pathfinder. Their main reason? Comfort.
Pathfinder - Great Value, Awesome Performer...NOT A CAR...nor should it be by Gunny Bill from Uxbridge on 05/19/2012. Trim: 2012 Nissan Pathfinder S 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love this truck! YES...it's a truck....BUT is does so many NON TRUCK like things very well. For instance, it handles....better than many sedans I've driven. The seating is firm and supportive....similar to sport seats in my BMW. Steering is precise and provides awesome feedback. Sincerly...this is a sport sedan with a third row seat and useaful STORAGE behind that seat! Folks...if you like a car...I recomend getting a station wagon. If you want a car that LOOKS like a truck....buy a Chevrolet Traverse or something. Leave this great truck alone. Oh...that's right...Nissan has already screwed it up for 2013 by making is a CROSSOVER.
Cons: Sincerly there is not much to dislike. The truck gets good fuel economy, is dependable and performs consistently. The only thing I could pick on is the painted plastic trim surfaces on the door panels. I haul stuff around for work and even though I'm careful...these pieces are easily scratched. So...advised! However, the rest is great to my tastes
Overall review: Awesome vehcile that provides super value and over delivers on performance and utility. I have the base model without the entertainment package and running boards. Believe me...it's nice to NOT have these distractions and I'm sure this is a contibuting factor as to why I get great mileage. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone that is interested in VALUE and QUALTIY. Too bad the platform is changing in 2013. It was a no brainer that I was going to replace this vehicle at the end of my lease with another Pathfinder...but now I'm not certain. The new one has BIG BOOTS to fill!
Love Our Pathfinder LE by Mars on 05/19/2012. Trim: 2012 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Don't quite undertstand what disgruntled owners are griping about... We are absolutely in love with this vehicle! Lots of room without schoolbus dimensions. Great Bose sound system, very comfortable seats. Routinely do several thousand mile trips without any driver fatigue whatsoever. Truck frame and independent rear wheel suspension a great combo for long hauls. Liftgate with separate opening window a welcome feature.
Cons: Absolutely nothing!
Overall review: I give it a hands-down 10. Gas mileage is consistently high teens to 22 on the open road with cruise set at the local speed limit, mostly 65-70 here in the Midwest.
Great Family SUV by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/25/2012. Trim: 2012 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4X2, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Practically everything -- it's fun and easy to drive. And big -- but not too big. I had a Jeep Liberty and we needed something bigger once we had a new baby, and after quite a bit of research we settled on the Pathfinder.
Cons: I don't like that the rear tailgate doesn't open with a push button like my Jeep did. And I preferred my Jeep's steering wheel radio controls.
Overall review: I love it. I'd definitely get another Pathfinder. And my husband is even thinking of trading in his car on either an Xterra or Frontier this year because we're both so happy with the Pathfinder.