2012 Toyota Tundra

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next
Full size Beast by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/11/2012. Trim: 2012 Toyota Tundra Tundra-Grade 5.7L CrewMax 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Power, Power, Power
Cons: None
Overall review: Great Truck
Test Driver
Disappointment by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/07/2012. Trim: 2012 Toyota Tundra Limited 5.7L Double Cab 4X4.
Pros: Great Power and roomy interior
Cons: I gotta say, for this being a Toyota, and all the hype I heard about Toyota having great fit and finish and this and that, I was disappointed. Maybe I was expecting too much? But the radio seems waaaay too far from the driver and closer to to the passenger, Fit and finish was not that great, and the ride was a bit too bouncy on smooth roads.
Overall review: I've been test driving all pick up trucks and the Tundra is at the bottom of my list. It has a really nice powertrain/drivetrain, but thats about it. Fit and finish is not up to par to the competitors and the interior has so many design flaws. And why was the ride bouncy on smooth roads?
My 7th toyota pickup since 86. by Scotty B on 08/04/2012. Trim: 2012 Toyota Tundra Tundra-Grade 4.6L CrewMax 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: It's a Toyota...good resale value, quality, and longevity. Handling and power are great. I have the 4.6l and it is plenty for my needs(plus a little better gas milage)
Cons: It seems huge when washing or squeezing into a small space. Gas milage is ok for a big truck (16-20) but we all would like better. Paint seems a little softer than my former toyos.
Overall review: This seems like a very good truck so far.... although I really do wish toyota would have kept with the 2006 and older size. The controls, fit and finish are pretty good as usual with toyota.
Not perfect but pretty close by Tundra Fan on 07/04/2012. Trim: 2012 Toyota Tundra Tundra-Grade 5.7L CrewMax 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great acceleration, smooth transmission, super comfortable interior.
Cons: Instrument panel could be better designed. Too little choice on options. I found most dealers order the same 4 or 5 basic equipment packages. Want a back up camera? Be prepared to pay for unnecessary extras like TRD package.
Overall review: Great work vehicle and equally great family car. Love the roomy interior and smooth ride(smooth for a 4 x4 truck that is). The instrument panel in my 2006 was a bit easier to read. Most controls are logically placed and easy to reach, even for a short guy like me. The 4.6 engine felt plenty strong but the 5.7 is the best choice for towing in the mountains. I have never been a fan of automatic transmissions but the 6 speed in the Tundra is very slick. My biggest complaint is with the limited option choices. Hey Colorado Toyota dealers, try this option combo. Tundra grade with backup camera, convenience pkg with bucket seats, tow package, sxm stereo and maybe even the chrome package. That would be a well equipped truck at an unbeatable price. Certainly I am not the only truck buyer who is sick of these all or nothing equipment packages.
Excellent Truck. by ATX89 on 06/21/2012. Trim: 2012 Toyota Tundra Tundra-Grade 5.7L CrewMax 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Power, incredible and smooth ride, great interior and features.
Cons: None
Overall review: I've driven Chevy's since 1987 and the Tundra is light years ahead of any GM offering. I've test driven Fords and if you like a strict work use vehicle with a poor ride then Ford is your truck. Tundra is the best combination, sleek, great ride, nice power and laps the field. They are built in San Antonio, TX and 75% of their parts are made in the U.S. Anyone who says differently simply hasn't done their rsearch
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next