2012 Nissan Frontier

2 3 4 5 6  Next
Railroad Truck by Bob on 05/01/2012. Trim: 2012 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab 4X2 LWB, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Love Truck. New safety features, automatic shift smooth and love Lav Red. Dealer took chance and ordered my truck with my spec's, and then informed me when it came in. Wanted 6 ft. bed ever since they came out with it. Need 6 ft. bed to take Model Railroad to Train Shows.
Cons: Gas Mileage, Sticker stated 15 City with 20 Hwy, with expected range of 24 Hwy. Had to get Automatic, because Nissan does not offer manual in the Crew Cab with 6 ft. bed. Getting about 16 city and almost 20 Hwy, with no lead foot driving. Hopefully this will improved with additional break in driving. Have to add Transmission Pump or drive train disconnect to be able to tow behind Motor Home. Got 19 City and 22 Hwy with 2006 Manual.
Overall review: Had 2006 Crew Cab, 5 ft. bed, manual transmission, Frontier, traded in for 2012 SV, Automatic, Crew Cab. with 6 ft. bed. Have to add Transmission Pump or drive train disconnect to be able to tow behind Motor Home, due to automatic transmission. Even talked with NISSAN headquarters about manual transmission, offered it in King Cab, why not Crew Cab, 6 ft. bed. especially with additional MPG. otherwise LOVE Truck.
Sharp truck by Andy Frederick Md on 07/31/2012. Trim: 2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Crew Cab 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: drives great and power to go with it. Sharp looking truck. love the center tie downs
Cons: Not very good gas mileage im getting 17.6 Mpg im light on the gas and most of my driving is on the high way. After market parts also hard to find for this year as well.
Overall review: Sharp truck. Drives great. Gas mileage not so good. Hard to get after market parts
Needs more flexibility with options by Greg , Portsmouth,NH on 07/26/2012. Trim: 2012 Nissan Frontier SL Crew Cab 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Solid ride with as much comfort as some cars. Gas mileage is decent considering the large V6 , about 22 mpg on average.
Cons: Gas mileage actually decreases in the winter, I would think it would be less in the summer with the AC on Price is a little high if you want a few toys inside and Nissan gets you with there packages, they know what customers want and throw things like fog lights into a package with allot of stuff nobody wants.
Overall review: Love the truck, Nissan should be more flexible with options. Base price on a V6 with 4x4 is high unless you wait for the next years models and look for leftovers. Also for the price you would think they would have better factory tires. This is my 3 rd frontier and yiu will need to change the tire before 35k miles, at least where it snows.
Disappointed repeat Frontier owner by Don on 01/29/2013. Trim: 2012 Nissan Frontier SL Crew Cab 4X2, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is my third Frontier. I had a 2001 XE, a 2007 LE and now a 2012 SL, CC, 2WD. I commute 170 miles a day round trip and this truck is getting 20 mpg, Los Angeles freeway. Nissan made a lot of quality changes that are considerably different and lower quality than the 2007. I have the truck for just about a month now and logged 2400 miles. I like the comfort of this truck and many of the features that are similar to the 2007. The sound system is great, XM radio for sports and my long commute. The 2012 has bluetooth and the steering wheel controls, like the 2007, are convenient.
Cons: Nissan made several production weight or cost saving changes that disappoints this 2012 Frontier owner. The interior leather quality, the cabin noise at high speed is noticeably greater than my previous 2007. The front suspension is very bad, on freeway surfaces, the truck dances to what seems like an out of control condition, steering is hard at all speeds, turning radius requires wide streets to make a U-turn. Big concern is the transmission. When accelerating at 40 mph, the transmission stays in fifth gear and is very sluggish until forced to a lower gear. The sluggish response creates an excessive vibration in the truck.
Overall review: The dealer says the transmission is learning my driving habits. I think it is Nissan's way of getting better fuel performance.l will give it a little more time but don't think the transmission will lean to change what Nissan taught it. I am very disappointed with this 2012 Frontier that had a sticker price of almost $32K.
2012 Nissan Frontier, AWSOME!! by Gunney of Wisconsin on 09/30/2012. Trim: 2012 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Overall I feel my 2012 SV 4*4 is awsome. I feel Nissan always possessed above average quality. Key factors of my review on this truck is the appearence, comfort and overall construction of this frontier. I love the sound of the factory exhaust, it sounds similar to that of a V8 F-150. I also like the above average leg room in the back seat of my crew cab, very roomy.
Cons: The obvious downside is the fuel milage of course. I also feel that this model is no different than any other foriegn & domestic in its class. Biggest thing to remember is to stick to the break-in proceedures, a little more money in fuel now can save some fuel milage in the end. I have the standard V6, enough power, but I feel the Frontier is slightly oversized for the powerplant. Oanother issue is the initial starting up, it revs quite high I feel, but returns to normal there after.
Overall review: I give the Frontier 4 out of 5 stars for all of the good things out weight the bad ones.
2 3 4 5 6  Next