2012 Suzuki Kizashi

BMW for the price of a Toyota. by Happy Camper in Texas. on 03/09/2012. Trim: 2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport SLS FWD [Discontinued], Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This car is a joy to drive. The handling and feel are amazing. I've never had a car that I enjoyed driving so much. Loaded with technology. Complete strangers come up to me and say "Nice loking car!". It has a nice quality sound when you open and close the doors. The seats are comfortable with great lumbar support. This is important to me because I have a bad back. The sound attenuation package does a good job minimizing road noise. Mine has the Kenwood/Garmin navigation system. The stereo sound systed is killer. Uses 87 octane gasoline and gets great mileage.
Cons: The gas door does not lock. I would like to have seen an internal release. The Garmin did not have the latest update installed. I had to go to Garmin and buy the latest map update. I gave it a 9 on performance. Would like to see a smidge more horsepower but it wasn't a deal breaker. With high gas prices, this is probably a good thing. There is no problem passing and entering freeway ramps.
Overall review: Suzuki has done an outstanding job with the Kizashi. My wife and I love this car and I expect to see them more and more on the road.
Best sports sedan out there!! by Keldon on 05/20/2012. Trim: 2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport SLS AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Styling in & out, driving dynamics, quality and value
Cons: CVT takes some getting used to
Overall review: This car is simply AMAZING! This car truly feels like a high-end German car, in that everything works together and makes you feel connected to the car. Its steering is tight and communicative, its handling is razor-sharp, and its overall feel is positively Germanic. Trust me, if you're in the market for a sports sedan, take either an AWD GTS or SLS for an extended test drive AFTER driving whatever else is on your list, and you'll be sold. There is nothing else out there in this price range that offers all this equipment, is as good-looking, or is as fun to drive. I've owned some serious sports sedans in my life, and this AWD Kizashi SLS is every bit as fun as any of them, for a fraction of the price! While this Kizashi SLS AWD may not be the fastest sports sedan out there, its combination of value for the money, driving dynamics, steering feel, build quality, refinement, and overall FUN factor cannot be beat.
Don't let the price fool you - DRIVE ONE by Ken on 08/18/2012. Trim: 2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great Value for the $, Amazing Interior Quality, Body rigidity, Impressive Braking/handling, Superb Sound System , Impressive Fuel Economy, Standard features not comprehensively available on other midsize cars (memory seats, felt lined lighted glovebox, rear air vents, dual-zone automatic climate control, etc), 100K Powertrain warranty, 60K B2B warranty. By the way, the CVT is a Nissan made Jatco (same as Altima)
Cons: Lousy OEM Tires (on Sport GTS Model), Full-Throttle acceleration lag - accelerates quickly only when part throttled 'just right', CVT can be noisy (whiny) when hot, Lack of dealer network
Overall review: As a car enthusiast, engineer and master automobile technician, I I have driven and/or owned almost every car imaginable. I wanted an inexpensive AWD vehicle that would get reasonable fuel economy. I came across the Kizashi by accident when looking for Subarus at a dealer that also sells Suzukis. Quite simply, I was blown away after driving the 2012 Kizashi Sport GTS AWD. After owning as many new vehicles as I have, I was resigned to the fact that one car (or vehicle) cannot meet all of my needs/wants. The Kizashi is one vehicle in which this is not the case. I finally found a vehicle that does everything I want, together with an amazingly comfortable and well-appointed interior, excellent economy, room for my family, AWD traction, technology laden, etc. Many features other vehicles in this class just don't have (or have all available). I get between 29-31 highway (75-80 MPH) and 25-28 combined. If I try I can get 8.1 second 0-60. Very comfortable even with a bad back.
KIZASHI "Something Great Coming" by Chrome Beast on 07/21/2012. Trim: 2012 Suzuki Kizashi S AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I think the combination of the CVT and the 2.4 HO motor is well matched and the car manages ALL the power without loosing grip. Do a 25 mph doughnut in AWD mode in a empty parking lot you will see what I mean. Yeah, It handles that good. Mash the gas pedal and the tires do not break traction... The Launch is perfect. The power goes to the wheels and there is no tourque steer. love it! It took me five minutes to realize this is going to be a fun ride... and its sharp too! This car is really fun to drive. It puts a smile on my face everytime I use it! GREAT JOB SUZUKI !!!
Cons: Unfortunately Its buried amoung other competition. However, this car to me is considered treasure once it is found! I stumbled on the Kizashi by looking at the newspaper. Prior to that I had no idea Suzuki made great quality cars.
Overall review: I know some reviews mention "it lacks horse power." Please!.....Who says 89 gasoline and a K&N air filter can't be used? The same people probably don't know how to manipulate the CVT either! You folks just know how to "floor it"... right? I love this thing on the highway, at red lights, and on hair pin turns. Its a very stable vehicle which has precision and control.
Review ID: #562059 Is this review offensive?
The ultimate sport sedan for the money by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/21/2012. Trim: 2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport SLS AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Awesome car for the money
Cons: I liked everything about the car. The MT is more fun than the CVT though
Overall review: Best car you've never heard of